• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Has your perspective changed since becoming suicidal?

• Yes

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Slightly

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
deadwinter

deadwinter

i want 2 meet angels
Apr 7, 2023
How has your perspective on the world (yourself, existence, humankind, etc.) changed as you've become suicidal?

As a child, I was completely trusting of everyone around me. I fully believed that life, the world, and humankind were inherently good and that everything would work out for me in the end. Of course, I knew that horrible, cruel people existed, but on the whole, I believed people had good intentions. Consequently, I felt a warmness and familiarity towards others and even empathized with strangers.

I'm certainly not proud of it, but I've definitely become more cynical and, honestly, misanthropic. I find myself with an intense disgust towards myself and humankind. I don't like it, but I can't help it. I know that our inner experience is totally subjective—maybe it's not logical to feel this way, but I still do. I've become more selfish and have almost no empathy for strangers. I feel an overall sense of nausea about the world and existence as a whole. I no longer believe life is precious and beautiful. I was never very religious, but I've pretty much completely lost faith. I don't go out much, which probably doesn't help the situation.

Has anyone else experienced this change? I know it's an awful mindset to be in, but I can't escape it. Anyway, thanks for reading.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I started quite young with suicidal thoughts- age 10, so I guess they maybe influenced my thinking from the start. I was thinking distrustfully and pessimistically from then onwards really. I guess underneath it all, I've still had a sense of wonder- since childhood really and I am still capable of connecting with people deeply. It's just that, so many times, friendships have fizzled that I guess- that trust isn't really there so much now. Overall, I think nature can be beautiful, humans can produce beautiful things but both also suck in many ways!

MeaningDork

MeaningDork

If there's a will, there's a way.
Jan 14, 2024
While many of my philosophies can be seen as "negative" I've became more empathetic with people and more understanding.

Heavenly Pup

Heavenly Pup

Reincarnated
Sep 18, 2021
Can't recall the point when I suddenly became suicidal; I feel like I always felt this way to a certain degree.

Reactions: kane9191kosugi
K

kane9191kosugi

Sep 20, 2023
I completely abandoned any hope in interacting with real life society. I used to try so hard in "fitting" inside the community and making friends, but I got to the point where human interaction in real life became so trying that I started to avoid any chances of meeting with people.

And of course the internet and SNS helped me lose hope on humanity very quickly lol.

I was always super sensitive and negative during my childhood, but at least I had the spirit to cover it up to a certain degree. Now, my expectation for myself and other people are so low that I'm just fed up and tired to even ctb. That's how sick and tired I am in life lol.