• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
@Meretlein

With the greatest respect, I don't think it's professional or even useful for staff from this site to tell people who are in hospital to just "go along with their bullshit" so they can get out sooner.

I've been sectioned myself before, and no it didn't help in my specific case.

However better advice might be what I've seen other people say, something like
"Use the opportunity you have to at least try to make progress the best you can".
Besides, they've been in there a long time.

I can understand how you would think this.

My stay was deeply traumatizing and violating and was the main reason I found SS 2 years ago. For me to say anything positive about them such as using being locked up against your will to heal would just be me putting on a persona in order to be more palatable to outsiders. If someone asks how to get out of a situation that I have experienced and found horrific, I am inclined to give them the most honest answer. What is the best way to escape a mental hospital? It is going along with whatever the people holding you against your will tell you to do.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forveleth, Fthis, ImsooDone1N and 9 others
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020

My stay was deeply traumatizing and violating and was the main reason I found SS 2 years ago. For me to say anything positive about them such as using being locked up against your will to heal would just be me putting on a persona in order to be more palatable to outsiders. If someone asks how to get out of a situation that I have experienced and found horrific, I am inclined to give them the most honest answer. What is the best way to escape a mental hospital? It is going along with whatever the people holding you against your will tell you to do.
To be fair you raise good points.

I wasn't sectioned for long, but even that left me feeling worse.
Couldn't sleep because of the noise, not great food, no medication or therapy, just left wandering a ward.

• Hugs
Reactions: Gnip, Deleted member 17331, SmellyRat and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020

I've had similar, and I would agree, with the exception of going along with meds. Maybe you had an experience where you couldn't even say no to that, I've been "fortunate" that I could. Folks had to be pretty out of control to have meds forced, but all it takes is one person saying you're out of control when you're not. Some crazy gaslighting and abuse can and does happen in some facilities.

• Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Gnip, SmellyRat and 1 other person
painoflife

painoflife

Arcanist
Jul 27, 2019
I was discharged after a 3 month stay, wasn't ready to be sent home and am no better than the day I went in. They discharged me 2 days after I got back to the mental health ward following 4 days admitted to hospital for taking a fatal paracetamol overdose (which I do to self harm because I am messsd up) which caused all sorts of health problems (unfortunately nothing serious/fatal). I never expected to be discharged so soon after that as I was still recovering from both the OD and the treatment I needed. The consultant psychiatrist used the excuse that I was getting worse in the ward environment so I would be better off at home, no evidence to back that up because I was actually harming and attempting more while at home before and after being admitted. My care co couldnt believe she decided to send me home and is still at a loss as to how to help me because that was the last ditch attempt to get help.

• Love
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Gnip, FatalSystemError591 and 1 other person
Nicebuddimtim

Nicebuddimtim

Ghost
Jun 28, 2020
Make friends with the big quiet guy and convince him to throw a sink through a window

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Proteus, Forveleth, quiet.rabbit and 10 others
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
I've had similar, and I would agree, with the exception of going along with meds. Maybe you had an experience where you couldn't even say no to that, I've been "fortunate" that I could. Folks had to be pretty out of control to have meds forced, but all it takes is one person saying you're out of control when you're not. Some crazy gaslighting and abuse can and does happen in some facilities.

Why should I not go along with meds?

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Why should I not go along with meds?

I don't know what's best for you with regard to meds. That's something you would have to discern for yourself.

I know that for me, my condition is trauma-based, it's not organic. Over the years I've found that meds don't heal trauma, and I now have enough trauma healing as well as tools that I don't do meds anymore. Meds don't address my actual issues, and at times have caused more problems on top of what I already had. I might take some clonazepam for a while but nothing long-term at all.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N and Deleted member 17331
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
I don't know what's best for you with regard to meds. That's something you would have to discern for yourself.

I know that for me, my condition is trauma-based, it's not organic. Over the years I've found that meds don't heal trauma, and I now have enough trauma healing as well as tools that I don't do meds anymore. Meds don't address my actual issues, and at times have caused more problems on top of what I already had. I might take some clonazepam for a while but nothing long-term at all.

I'm asking to get out of hospital not to heal me

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I'm asking to get out of hospital not to heal me

Well, I was responding to @Meretlein's comment about going along to get out. I personally take exception to going along with meds, and when you asked about you taking meds or not, I explained why it's a no for me. I didn't say anything about your condition or you healing. Does that make sense?

Reactions: ImsooDone1N and Deleted member 17331
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Have the staff brought up exactly what needs to happen for you, for you to be released by them at this facility?

Are there specific stipulations for you to follow that you do not want to for some reason?

You may have to stop asking to be killed by them, and learn how to feel and express things like that a little differently...

I think it does sound kind of nice hearing you refer to them as becoming like family to you though.

Reactions: Forveleth and Soul
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
No and no. I will ask tomorrow

Reactions: Spitfire
allym101

allym101

Ally
May 29, 2020
DON'T try to attempt while there, it won't work trust me. Try to see if you can get individual walk privileges and then make a run for it.

• Love
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Deleted member 17331, Panna and 3 others
Zyntkalla

Zyntkalla

Welcome to hell on Earth
Aug 28, 2020
Don't thay have a londrey basket there? If I were you I would get in the basket when on one is looking,and when the pick up the londrey if thay take the basket then thay will take you to the londrey room. And if you do that just make sure you don't get caught when you get out,and also watch for cameras and people too.

Last edited:
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
I don't know what a loony basket is

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
Look, I get it. You don't like lying. But if you want to get out, you have to play the game. If they know you're not a danger to yourself then you'll get out. Venting your real feelings to them will only make it worse. And ctb is next to impossible in there.

This is unrelated but it's crazy how many people can keep their phones while in a mental ward.

• Informative
Reactions: Proteus, Forveleth, Fthis and 6 others
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019

Luckily for me, they only ever gave me antidepressants so it was easier to just go along with. I have a heart condition so they didn't load me up on medicines.

The thing is, is it even possible to get out of those places refusing medication?

Reactions: Fthis, ImsooDone1N and Deleted member 17331
Marchioness

Marchioness

Eternal sleep
Feb 17, 2020
The only way to get out is to convince your case worker you are better, which takes forever. Start now.

I don't see how you could escape any other way, there's always some one around with a clipboard to check patients status/ location every 3 minutes. Day and night, no matter where you are in the locked area.

Reactions: Forveleth, Fthis, Deleted member 17331 and 2 others
hypnotizing chickens

hypnotizing chickens

εκφυλισμένος εκφυλισμός
Aug 24, 2020
Mm juicy fruit

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
The thing is, is it even possible to get out of those places refusing medication?

I was actually kicked out of one for refusing medication. In others, when I said I wouldn't take meds anymore because of the effects of because they weren't working, they were fine with it.

Mm juicy fruit

That comment felt derailing and creepy to me.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
Don't thay have a londrey basket there? If I were you I would get in the basket when on one is looking,and when the pick up the londrey if thay take the basket then thay will take you to the londrey room. And if you do that just make sure you don't get caught when you get out,and also watch for cameras and people too.

There's no londery baskets and if there was that would take me to the londery room, not outside
The only way to get out is to convince your case worker you are better, which takes forever. Start now.

I don't see how you could escape any other way, there's always some one around with a clipboard to check patients status/ location every 3 minutes. Day and night, no matter where you are in the locked area.

How do I convince them? Any tips?

Last edited:
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
The best way to get out is to just take your meds like you're supposed to, lie to all the doctors and staff and say that you're feeling much better.

It'll probably take a few days but you'll be let out and they won't come after you. If you escape the police will be after you.

Reactions: Forveleth, Fthis, ImsooDone1N and 3 others
Marchioness

Marchioness

Eternal sleep
Feb 17, 2020
There's no londery baskets and if there was that would take me to the londery room, not outside

How do I convince them? Any tips?
Talk with a patient you're close to and is close to getting out, they'll give you tips. If they leave before you, find another person about to go and ask for tips. Rinse, repeat, freedom

J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
The patient I'm closest to is a pro-lifer

Reactions: Fthis
Fehler

Fehler

Oct 12, 2020
As other says, i would act like im recovering. Take the pills the doctors give to you and try to controll your "rage bust" or the "thing" that makes you be in that place (suicidal intentions i supose). I think escape it would be very hard in this type of hospitals...I did my practices years ago and they give me acces to practically all the hospital (not mental heal center) and i only was a simple informatic. I suppose there is other people rather than nurses that can have acces to certain zones (cleaners, informatics, administrators...). It would be easy to take the card of them than from a nurse...also control routines and shcedules of workers would be helpfull. This type of hospitals normally are more secured than "casuals" ones so i don't recomend the flee option.

Reactions: Fthis
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
Can I ask why you want to do it in hospital?? There are ways you just have to think outside the box. Are you allowed any leave yet?

Because I'm in hospital and can't leave. Ways like what? And no

Reactions: ImsooDone1N
N

Nurse T

Student
Aug 23, 2020
Because I'm in hospital and can't leave. Ways like what? And no
Are in uk?? And it depends what level of observation you are on, and if your allowed clothing, bed linen in your room?? I really do want to help but also I want to CTB and that's my choice, but I'm not sure how I feel giving you the info for the means to do it, does that make sense? I have been in many uk hospitals and people have done it, my very close friend this year CTB in hospital, and was on obs!! I have also managed to escape from hospital. You have to think rationally and logically, watch other people etc, a light bulb moment will come to you when the times right. Take care

Reactions: ImsooDone1N and sadworld