HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

Eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
It kinda depends. In my workplace customers see me as calm and collected but my co-workers probably know something is up with me and probably don't ask since I don't make a scene.

Current friend group kinda sees me as weird but most of them might just percieve it as personality or at worst light anxiety. I don't think anyone knows my current mental state and I'd like to keep it that way.

Reactions: sserafim
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Don't know and don't care. If I had let other people's views rule my life, I would have been dead decades ago.

Reactions: ResilientAF and sserafim
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
It's a difficult one and each point of perception like me and you reading this now can vary drastically it's crazy to think about all that so anyway I would like to be known as 'he's alright' neutral.., that way nobody seems to get hurt as opening up can be hard and the human condition can be sad... But hopefully we can change it.
Perception of ourselves is what matters.

UnrepentantSunrise

UnrepentantSunrise

Feb 15, 2024
I'm seen as weird, mostly

I talk funny in real life and I seem to just have an unrelatable sense of humor as well as kinda niche interests

ResilientAF

ResilientAF

My whole life has been a lie!
Feb 7, 2024
So many masks to get through the day, depending on who I'm going to be around or have to deal with. People see me as someone with a lot of stuff going on, no fucking kidding!! That's what GP said. I'm often told I'm too honest/sensitive/ need a thicker skin/ too kind/too outspoken. My brain is fried with trying to figure out how to be. When the SHTF and I go into crisis - now - I feel Drs just think awww fuck, and pass me about like an unexploded bomb as no one wants the responsibility of prescribing to me due to history. Have to beg for medication and it's in small amounts which have to last a fucking eternity.

Tobacco

Tobacco

Efilist. Possible promortalist.
Jan 14, 2023
Reactions: Heartaches and sserafim
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I think the perception(s) that other people have of me varies. In the past, when I had close friends and some connections (or at least I thought that I did), those around me believed that I was just quiet and private - not in a negative way - but also friendly and kind; an introvert who had a strong but small social circle.

Though in the current period of my life this has changed, because the majority of people who I see semi-regularly now are acquaintances or "regular strangers"; their perception(s) vary on a scale ranging from them viewing me as indifferent, which I do not have an issue with, to them viewing me as downright cold or ignorant which is not true; I think that this could be because they do not know me as well as past friends did, and like many who live in an outgoing/extroverted culture, they make massive assumptions and nasty judgements about those who they do not "clique" with - especially quiet people.

Last edited:
Heartaches

Heartaches

Apologizing for my life and ever entering yours
May 6, 2021
I feel most people have the first impression that I'm a very serious person due to my face (inherited from one of my parents), despite me usually being kind and outgoing (at least I try, even if I don't feel like it)...or they wouldn't even notice me, cause I'm never the star in the room, I don't shine as bright as others​

druggedonsurvival

druggedonsurvival

Student
Feb 8, 2024
I'm polite and can do small talk with people if needed but I'm very quiet and almost never talk to anyone unless they speak to me first (or if I have to by necessity). Some people have a somewhat positive opinion of me, I've been called level-headed and hard-working by my professors and older adults. Most of my peers probably don't care to interact with me since I never make any such effort with them. I don't come off as friendly due to the fact that I rarely smile, but in any case I think people mostly see me as a harmless quiet guy. I suppose I've become masterful at hiding my depression and faking my way through the day at this point. I doubt that anyone knows, but if anyone does they definitely don't care.