• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
I don't delve too deeply into it. If the individual respects me and they turn out to be trans, I'm not going to reject that respect because of their identity.
Generalizations of entire groups of people with an opinion of if they are all good or not is not really a good thing. They are humans: flawed, unique, special, and unfortunately suffering distress for a variety of reasons.

ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
Puberty blockers are safe and the effects are reversible. Also, to be prescribed puberty blockers and hormones you have to go through a bunch of psychological assessments first.
I'm sure you do. Still not something I think should be available to minors.
I feel the same with other elective cosmetic procedures
Like, no one that age should be able to get lip injections or a boob job.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I'm sure you do. Still not something I think should be available to minors.
I feel the same with other elective cosmetic procedures
Like, no one that age should be able to get lip injections or a boob job.
You are sure I do what? I didn't mention anything in regards to myself in that post...

Also, it's important for things like puberty blockers to be available to minors. A lot of trans people have openly talked about how being forced to go through puberty traumatized them. Gender-affirming healthcare should be available for trnad youth, even if it's only something as simple as puberty blockers. We already have research showing that gender-affirming healthcare for youths is actually a good thing.

In this prospective cohort of 104 TNB youths aged 13 to 20 years, receipt of gender-affirming care, including puberty blockers and gender-affirming hormones, was associated with 60% lower odds of moderate or severe depression and 73% lower odds of suicidality over a 12-month follow-up.
While supporters of these bills typically claim to want to protect children, scientific evidence suggests that the models of care these bills might allow could harm transgender children, and those who may be gender-creative as children who ultimately decide they are not transgender (Ashley, 2021). Research indicates that providing gender-creative children who eventually identify as cisgender the freedom to explore their gendereven with puberty blockershelped them feel more confident in their ultimate decisions about their gender identity (Ashley, 2021).

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Heartaches and Skathon
ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
You are sure I do what? I didn't mention anything in regards to myself in that post...
Sorry, I was trying to say I'm sure you do have to go through a bunch of psychological assessments first. Not saying anything about you.
Kinda drunk, so might not have worded that well, my bad

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Sorry, I was trying to say I'm sure you do have to go through a bunch of psychological assessments first. Not saying anything about you.
Kinda drunk, so might not have worded that well, my bad
I'm not trans.

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Still not something I think should be available to minors.

Why is that up to you to decide? Isn't that a decision that's made between a child, their parents and their doctors? We're talking about live-saving medical treatment here.

Reactions: Heartaches and EvisceratedJester
ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
Why is that up to you to decide? Isn't that a decision that's made between a child, their parents and their doctors? We're talking about live-saving medical treatment here.
It's not up to me, this was a post asking what our opinions are on trans people, and I just stated my personal opinion.
I understand body dysmorphia is a real thing, but my opinion is that transitioning should be the last resort.
You wouldn't encourage someone who has anorexia because they have body dysmorphia about their weight to continue being anorexic.
And you wouldn't tell a 14 year old who has body dysmorphia over looks and boob size to get implants and a bunch of plastic surgery.
In both those cases, you'd try to treat the underlying mental illness that is dysmorphia, not encourage drastic measures like starvation or cosmetic surgeries to affirm it
So why is dysmorphia when it comes to gender and different?

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
It's not up to me, this was a post asking what our opinions are on trans people, and I just stated my personal opinion.
I understand body dysmorphia is a real thing, but my opinion is that transitioning should be the last resort.
You wouldn't encourage someone who has anorexia because they have body dysmorphia about their weight to continue being anorexic.
And you wouldn't tell a 14 year old who has body dysmorphia over looks and boob size to get implants and a bunch of plastic surgery.
In both those cases, you'd try to treat the underlying mental illness that is dysmorphia, not encourage drastic measures like starvation or cosmetic surgeries to affirm it
So why is dysmorphia when it comes to gender and different?

If you have an opinion on this subject yet you don't even know the difference between gender dysphoria and body dysmorphia (which are completely different medical conditions) you should really rethink your priorities in life.

Reactions: Heartaches and EvisceratedJester
Confront4283

Confront4283

When I’m gone just carry on, don’t mourn, rejoice
May 24, 2024
They come into this world without consent, and then are thrusted gender roles upon them from the jump. Then, turns out, they have a chronic illness where they feel like they belong in the wrong body, and are then villainised and ridiculed by society for something that's completely outside their control.

Yes, of course I'm pro trans, they are just another group of people who are pretended to be cared for by society.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and RainAndSadness
Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
My interpretation of gender follows more of the "interpretative" gender. That we act according to a role, like a theater. Our clothing, speech, tone, expressions, controled by the script, the status quo. Obv, that this is based on Butler's gender; but I extend it to more than gender. We, or at least the 'citizen of society', has a role that is expected from them. Breaking paper is considered taboo and bad, as it's disrupting the theater. I think that this could be applied to suicidal thoughts, ending our role before it's 'time'; or trans discrimination, they are breaking their role.

But people are the audiences and interpreters, so they can choose how much they want to see from the disruption, the break. And that would determine their 'open-mindedness'. Of course that the role of gender is something we should choose, but if people see the role as something that is born with, they see it as a break from their role.

My theory is a bit everywhere, but I like it. Tell me if you find any flaws!

ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
you should really rethink your priorities in life
I mean, it's deffinetly not a top priority of mine.
And how is body dismorphia and gender dismorphia that much different?
They both are body image disorders, where they believe something is wrong with their body when there isn't.
If say I think I am fat and wanted to cut 10 pounds off my belly, you'd say don't do that, that's crazy.
But if i think I'm a girl and want to cut my dong off, you'd say that's a great idea, go for it
Just seems kinda like a double standard to me

pollux

pollux

May 24, 2024
Neutral honestly. I don't perceive them any different than anyone else. I do try to be mindful of certain things (e.g pronouns) and try to not be insensitive if we end discussing gender in some way. This is a bit hard for me though, I don't really know that many transgender people (none in real life actually), so I may say something offensive without knowing.

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I mean, it's deffinetly not a top priority of mine.
And how is body dismorphia and gender dismorphia that much different?
They both are body image disorders, where they believe something is wrong with their body when there isn't.
If say I think I am fat and wanted to cut 10 pounds off my belly, you'd say don't do that, that's crazy.
But if i think I'm a girl and want to cut my dong off, you'd say that's a great idea, go for it
Just seems kinda like a double standard to me

gender dysphoria =/= body dysmorphia

I don't know if you can't read or what's the problem here but as I said, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, you repeatedly confused dysphoria for dysmorphia and having that discussion with you is like trying to convince a flat earther the earth isn't flat. Waste of time.

There is an actual medical procedure to achieve that, it's called liposuction (a fat removing procedure) and performed regularly on people who are either overweight or unhappy with their body image - so no, don't put words in my mouth. I wouldn't say "no don't do that" because again it's a medical procedure and I respect and support every decision you make as an adult as long as you think it works in your best interest.

Imagine coming at me with a strawman and taking such a big fat L.

Also not how it works but it seems you're very eager to demonstrate your ignorance in this thread, fine for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: EvisceratedJester, Goku Black and EyesOfNight
slamjoetry

slamjoetry

Longs to be freed
Apr 19, 2024
I don't really understand it, but it's also not really my business to understand it. People can make their own decision with their lives and how they present themselves, and as long as they're not hurting anybody, I think it's really lame to hate on them for it.

Reactions: Heartaches
Asingletwig

Asingletwig

Oct 1, 2020
Tom Hardy Bait GIF

Everytime I see one of these threads. Ha why do you need to have a debate on this? Leave people be, rather than trying to "debate" their existence.

Last edited:
Reactions: dental, NoLoveNoHope and Heartaches
Heartaches

Heartaches

Apologizing for my life and ever entering yours
May 6, 2021
Trans people are not opinions. Us, trans people, ARE people, and people's humanity and existence is not up for debate. Why create this thread when you're not part of our community or know our history, our struggles and what we're fighting for?

Fuck Blair White and her opinions. She's a racist grifter who has done so much harm to the trans community. No respectability politics will save her ass when the nazis no longer need her. The lions will eat her face.​

Reactions: dental, eatantz and EvisceratedJester
Dot

Dot

Globl mod | Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Closng thred nw bcse nothng gd wll cme of ths dcussn

Reactions: NoLoveNoHope and Heartaches
Status
Not open for further replies.