Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Meditation, anime, gaming and food will usually calm me down
I love anime. It keeps me distracted. I'm currently watching Boruto. What's your favorite anime?

Reactions: Deleted member 17949
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I love anime. It keeps me distracted. I'm currently watching Boruto. What's your favorite anime?
at the moment watching the new season of re:zero which I'm enjoying a lot

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
at the moment watching the new season of re:zero which I'm enjoying a lot
Aww man I completely forgot about re Zero. I have to watch it as I watched season 1 years ago

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
When things get particularly hairy, I try to stay present through them. I find I can manage things better if I can remain aware, even if they feel like crap. The more I do that, the more capable I am of dealing with difficult things when they happen and I'm not so overwhelmed by them. Some things I know I can't overcome, but I also don't have to be utterly emotionally overwhelmed by them, either. It's a way of keeping some of my power and keeping my self in situations that are disempowering. I am not the shit that is happening to me or being done to me, I didn't cause it and I can't control it and I don't deserve it, but I can at least stay connected with my self and be aware of and detached from the shit so that it doesn't get inside me.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995 and Sensei
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I curl up in the fetal position on the bed in my guest room, where no one else goes, and I shut the world out for as long as necessary. I may listen to music I love to help ease the pain. Once the upswing starts, I'll watch John Mulaney videos which will get me laughing and feeling better, or I'll pick up a book to read, which will help put me in another world for a short while.

Oh, and Oreos and ice cream. Lots.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995 and Living_Hurts_so_Much
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
What's most effective for me is martial arts. They require total focus and it's impossible to think about anything else during a practice session. I forget all my problems and don't feel any anxiety whatsoever. I wish I could practice much more often than I do.

Reactions: Meditation guide
iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
When things get "particularly hairy"? A razor and some soap, my man.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995
E

Emily123

Arcanist
May 28, 2019
i just ignore it and try to pass from it when there is no solution

Reactions: Sinai Silence
L

Living_Hurts_so_Much

Experienced
Jul 30, 2020
My mind is numbed with the vodka and pills. Not enough to not wake up tomorrow but maybe I'll sleep. Night and peace to everyone.

Reactions: Sinai Silence
It'sNotLookingGood

It'sNotLookingGood

You Know I Couldn't Last
Mar 1, 2020
Drugs and drugs and drugs and drugs

Reactions: Sinai Silence and Living_Hurts_so_Much
fluffysuicidalbear

fluffysuicidalbear

Waiting for the bus to arrive.
Aug 1, 2020
Personally I listen to music or play video games but I also find the option of ctb if things get too bad calming.

Reactions: Sinai Silence, ZardozOmega and Living_Hurts_so_Much
MiserableBastard1995

MiserableBastard1995

Experienced
Mar 17, 2018
I build models, garden, and volunteer work when I have the energy. Long as I'm keeping myself busy for every waking moment, my head's just above water.
The years of doing this however, have been a major contributor to my developing chronic fatigue. It's now a balancing act/war between keeping busy, and a slowly depleting level of energy, every day. Games, tv series and reading are great time-fillers when there's no energy for my usual coping mechanisms.

Copious consumption of coffee also helps, both in fatigue and emotionally.

Reactions: Sinai Silence and Living_Hurts_so_Much
D

Done at Fifty

Student
Feb 19, 2019
Sleeping pills and food. Anything can set my nerves on edge and anti-anxiety meds don't always help.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995 and Sinai Silence
stationarymillennial

stationarymillennial

Aug 4, 2020
Sleeping pills and food. Anything can set my nerves on edge and anti-anxiety meds don't always help.

Ditto on the sleeping pills. Also waking up and then going back to sleep until my body can't handle it. Oh and popping tons of other pills. I'm a mess ._.

mikrokosmos

mikrokosmos

cryptid in the woods
Mar 1, 2020
Healthy mechanisms at this point are just working on small projects like my pin board or playing Animal Crossing or "containing" myself in a small place or dark room, maybe with music or a video. I used to lay under my bed and listen to music to calm down. Sometimes I go for a walk.

If we're talking unhealthy coping mechanisms, I've been drinking more and self-harming (bruising/scratching) again. It's sad how much relief/euphoria comes to me after a good session of punching myself as hard as I can.

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Alcohol;
Meditation/Affirmations.