• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
How do you choose your ctb date? Is it based on impulse or a date that's significant to you? Personally I want to ctb before my 25th birthday (so I still have a little more than a year and a half to plan and everything) but I'm not sure about the specifics yet…

deadwalkid

deadwalkid

Feb 16, 2024
I just check the calendar to see when I have 1 2 days off.
It's more about how much time you need to prepare everything and make peace with yourself.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I just check the calendar to see when I have 1 2 days off.
It's more about how much time you need to prepare everything and make peace with yourself.
How do you get over the fear of failing?

Reactions: walkingdead2023
Dliena

Dliena

𝚂𝚂 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚘 : 43,53?
Dec 22, 2023
I think I am gonna try to aim mine CTB for sometime in 2026/2027 when I hopefully feel more ready and capable of pulling this thing off but it could always wind up getting changed in the near future depending on personal stuff I'd rather not delve into right now but all I know is sooner or later I'm out man that's all I can be certain on at this point.

bipolar22

bipolar22

Aug 31, 2022
How do you get over the fear of failing?
since im a professional attempter, numbers in the double digits, i feel qualified to answer.
im terrified of ending up retarded in a wheelchair but sometimes the pain of living in this hell just overpowers all the SI and fears and its go time. since im poor and long term unemployed its rather easy to be in that situation again and again. gotta love the money system ha

vak

vak

🙃💕
Feb 13, 2024
Originally, it was the day before my 35th birthday, but that's more than a year away, so I changed it to ASAP - once I settle all my stuff.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
since im a professional attempter, numbers in the double digits, i feel qualified to answer.
im terrified of ending up retarded in a wheelchair but sometimes the pain of living in this hell just overpowers all the SI and fears and its go time. since im poor and long term unemployed its rather easy to be in that situation again and again. gotta love the money system ha
Have you gotten any permanent damage from your failed attempts?

ctbcat

ctbcat

Yes, the everlasting contrast.
Jul 14, 2023
i just chose the prettiest date, to be honest - but that might be ruined by me going a day later anyway, lol. somehow, luck managed to play into my cards, though. circumstances seem to be good for both days - less interference than typical, so long as i get past myself and actually get the materials to die beforehand, i should be ok... it'd probably be the right thing to delay it based on how it's gonna effect my loved ones, but i'm selfish, and death stings either way, i guess.

Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
I'm just waiting for the first time I'm alone fully. I haven't been alone in over a month otherwise I would've been gone long ago.

Arachno

Arachno

oh no :(
Apr 10, 2023
I currently don't plan on having a specific CTB date, I will just CTB once it's possible for me and feel like doing it.

Joker2003

Joker2003

Feb 15, 2024
I am giving myself a few years to try and fix my life.
I am going to get a job, save some money, try to make a few friends, and see if I can find joy in life again.

I recently discovered that I have brain lesions and will meet with a neurologist next month. If I end up having a chronic brain disease and begin deteriorating then that will help me decide.

If I can't fix my life then I will most likely be gone by 2027.

Finalnight

Finalnight

Waiting until it comes
Aug 16, 2023
I'm trying to find mine at weekends, I feel it's easier to come up with an excuse to go somewhere I can CTB, without having any unwelcome interruptions

Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Originally it was a random date.
Then i looked into the method, then location, and factored those in as well.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I think putting a date is absolutely pointless. So many people here make future dates, hardly any ever follow through.

Its the same as saying I will diet next month, or quit smoking on Monday etc. Completely meaningless as we cannot possibly know our motivation and discipline on a future date.

When we are ready to CTB, we leave right then.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I think putting a date is absolutely pointless. So many people here make future dates, hardly any ever follow through.

Its the same as saying I will diet next month, or quit smoking on Monday etc. Completely meaningless as we cannot possibly know our motivation and discipline on a future date.

How do you know when you're ready though?

passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
No solid dates yet, but ideally:

June 15th-July 2nd, 2027. This is the earliest I can blow my brains out. If I haven't moved out by then, I likely will. I think about this very often.

Before December 5th, 2037. This is when I'll be halfway to retirement. I truly don't think life is worth living until old age. If I have nothing to look forward to in life by then, I'll just leave.

Shrike

Shrike

My pain isn't yours to harvest.
Feb 13, 2024
I don't have a date, it's up to the state of things, when things are too much, when no resources are left.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
How do you know when you're ready though?
We are ready when we stop asking questions about the future and making up excuses.

I believe that when it's time, I will lose all concept of 'future'.. I.e get rid of money, wipe devices and tie the figurative or literal noose and be gone 5 mins later.

Anything else to me is just theory and ranting.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I wouldn't set a date to CTB bc that puts unnecessary pressure on oneself. None of knows what happens in 1, 2 or 3 years before we reach a certain age we do not want to surpass for example. Or anything else.

Imo it's better, once the decision is made, that CTB is an option, to have a method ready, acquiring everything without pressure. Then when the time comes and we are really ready to leave we don't need to stress us with finding a method and the needed tools and stuff.

Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
I'm planning on graduating and then making it seem like a got a job far away from everyone and cut them off, and a few months after I graduate I'll do it. So in about a year or so from now.

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023

Some people do find planning dates keeps them accountable. If they are a very organised and disciplined person by nature, I could imagine it helping some people. But it depends on the personality of the individual in question.

The famous one that comes to my mind, is the sports writer Martin Manley. He planned to ctb on his birthday at age 60... I think he started planning a year or 18 months out from the date, and he stuck to it. There was also an Austrian guy on here, LetzeAusfahrt (may have spelt that wrong), who stuck very rigidly to a planned date and it seemed to work for him. Some people may also have conditions, like ocd for example, that makes planning a big part of their way of life/personality as well.

T

timetodie24

Student
Apr 14, 2023
Previous failed attempts it was based on convenience really . For example, when I knew i had the house to myself for a few days.
This time I don't choose as the date will be given to me. Although may do it sooner as I think they might be messing with me and not give me it to torture me longer.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I've attempted before and I realised that it's best to have everything perfectely ready and the plan in mind but do it in one of those major crises that I regularly have. It gives me that tunnel vision that doesn't make me doubt.
Setting a date wouldn't work for me.