blacksand

blacksand

Experienced
May 2, 2023
There's a cruel illusion as a child and teenager that 1 year is some significant timespan and worthy of celebration. But though life starts out in 1st gear it starts shifting up and accelerating, and by the time you are late 20s birthdays are just a grim flag held by the racetrack that you seem to flash past every few weeks and you have to tally another year down while knowing a mere 50 or so remain at best. So I don't really consider them important anymore they are just a totally insignificant and worthless span of time.

Eyler

Eyler

Cingulomania spark
Aug 11, 2023
Birthdays are insignificant, in my perspective they bring me this painful pressure in my chest.

It's uncomfortable, it's unsettling, it does nothing but bring me some type of numbness of dread.

Birthday are the days where it gives you false hope to expect something you won't receive.

An awful day to think about, why am I being celebrated for being born?

It's nothing fancy, its not a good portrait towards someone.

Its just a day where you're supposed to be kind toward the one is born that day, does anybody even feel happy for the ones birthday? Who knows.

I feel that they give pity, in some way.
Its disgusting.

Feels like needles.. but for those who enjoy birthdays, that's okay.

D

doormat25

Oct 25, 2023
Miserable. I do not celebrate my birthday. Sad memories.

• Aww..
Reactions: Suicidebydeath
D

Desp

Nov 27, 2023
I do not usually celebrate my birthday. As I have so much guilt and shame.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I despise them. Everyone around me loves to remind me of how lucky I am to be alive. That I've come so far over the years. It infuriates me yet I have to pretend to be happy.

hopelessoceanic25

hopelessoceanic25

Agony.
Nov 29, 2023
First off, just wanted to say Happy Birthday!

To me, my own birthday means nothing. If anything, it serves as a reminder that I shouldn't have existed in the first place. My birth date feels cursed.

tarococo

tarococo

professional procrastinator
Nov 27, 2023
I don't care about my birthday, to me it feels like every other day.

What I HATE about my birthday is people congratulating me, sending me nice messages and gifts when they don't seem to care about me any other day of the year.

Ksmиda

Ksmиda

Have I died too soon or lived too long?
Oct 23, 2023
Don't like birthdays, I don't like the attention from family

F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
I hate birthdays especially mine. I don't want to celebrate a life I despise.

U

user56765567

In recovery and getting help
Oct 1, 2023
I honestly take it as just another day and I wish my family did too but then again I wish they did the same thing with every other holiday/celebration as well. I just hate how toxic they get around these times and how they make it more about themselves and their god than anything else.

Navi

Navi

Toaster bath looking real good rn
Feb 6, 2023
I used to really enjoy it but it just kinda lost it's luster these last few years. The most I do now is just get food I wouldn't usually eat and take a nap longer than I usually do.