DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
Hello, dear members of Sanctioned Suicide! I am so glad that I am here among people who are not in denial of death. I suffer from chronic pain and chronic illness and I don´t want to suffer for decades and die from old age. I want to live and die with dignity. I live in a country without euthanasia and death penalty. Humans are expected to suffer for decades and die from old age no matter how life turns out for us. The society and my relatives are trying to force me to live. Deadly medicines are hard to come by and what remains are the painful and uncertain ways to leave life. I know how to die but I can´t overcome the survival instinct. That is so hard. I chicken out every time I try. I have been in this situation for a long time. I don´t have the possibility to die with the help of a doctor. I think suicide is easier for men than for women. What is suicide aboout - fear, courage, motivation, compusion, fearlessness, hypnosis or willpower?

• Love
Reactions: Meditation guide
R

Retroguy

Sep 10, 2023
I don't have the answer myself to that.
As I assume many here too.

The thing is, the fear of death is our most basic instinct.
It's programmed into our brain.
To all animals.
Even a cockroach runs away when you try to step on it.

• Love
Reactions: Cheffo, Meditation guide, cscott and 1 other person
Amelie

Amelie

Aug 12, 2023
Hello, dear members of Sanctioned Suicide! I am so glad that I am here among people who are not in denial of death. I suffer from chronic pain and chronic illness and I don´t want to suffer for decades and die from old age. I want to live and die with dignity. I live in a country without euthanasia and death penalty. Humans are expected to suffer for decades and die from old age no matter how life turns out for us. The society and my relatives are trying to force me to live. Deadly medicines are hard to come by and what remains are the painful and uncertain ways to leave life. I know how to die but I can´t overcome the survival instinct. That is so hard. I chicken out every time I try. I have been in this situation for a long time. I don´t have the possibility to die with the help of a doctor. I think suicide is easier for men than for women. What is suicide aboout - fear, courage, motivation, compusion, fearlessness, hypnosis or willpower?
Just curious. Why do you believe suicide is easier for men?

R

rainseahorse

Sep 9, 2023
People do what they fear all the time. There are just other things that push people to do it regardless.

Reactions: Meditation guide
J

J&L383

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
Yes, I agree that the fear of death is innate, and so the critical moment is when the fear of living with whatever uncurable or unbearable pain overrides the fear of death. Everyone has their own benchmark, and so I guess you'll know it when you reach it.

Reactions: Meditation guide and cscott
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Practice practice practice

Self sabotage and screw up your life so badly you have no choice

Remember that once you lose consciousness, you will feel no pain anymore. In fact, it will be pleasant. At least it was when I attempted to ctb. I gasped for breath momentarily, then suddenly I saw black, then white spots, and felt no pain. My only sensation was peaceful tranquilly.

If you're struggling that much to ctb, maybe reconsider if this is truly the best option for you. I apologize for your incurable chronic conditions. This world is so cruel. Best luck to you in whichever path you chose.

• Hugs
Reactions: afraid and Meditation guide
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I don't fear death . I fear failing a ctb attempt and remaining alive with brain damage.

I think about half the people on this site don't fear death?

I and every human is going to die anyway . So why would I fear the inevitable? Life is very short . Why would I fear an impending inevitability?

Other animals don't know they will die so how can they fear death ? They can't.

Imo death is an abstract concept that's taught what it is to people. I mean death is different to different people.

To me death is non-existence forever.

At least 83% of humans believe there is some kind of afterlife or reincarnation. To them death is something different than it is to me

If u don't exist u can't suffer or feel pain, no problems no diseases nothing bad no bad memories etc. So I don't fear that I wish for it

That u won't exist forever might be a hard concept to grab for even humans so how could other animals concieve this? Other animals don't even know they will surely die

Last edited:
Reactions: afraid and Cloud Busting
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Fear of death: I passed out one time in a minor operation and went immediately to another planet which I think was probably the moon. I found myself standing there looking out toward what I think was the earth and it as HORRIBLE. A few other people were there doing the same thing, not talking, just looking out into space toward something. I was totally confused and horrified. Then I was snapped back into my body suddenly when they put smelling salts under my nose and told me I passed out.

I told a nurse I was just on another planet. She said it was a hallucination but I don't believe it because I know I was really there.
Odd but true and now I fear that again, going to that other planet or the moon like that, whatever it was, again.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I imagine that those who managed to succeed were fortunate enough to have access to a method that they felt confident in and they just got determined enough to leave, I envy those people and admire them for finding peace from all the suffering.
Suicide really is too difficult in this dreadful reality and it's so cruel how it has to be that way, but I could personally never fear death itself as I believe death to be a peaceful, eternal and dreamless sleep free from all harm, death brings peace and comforts me.

afraid

afraid

I might just be able to feel pain the last time
Aug 4, 2023
Practice practice practice

Self sabotage and screw up your life so badly you have no choice

Remember that once you lose consciousness, you will feel no pain anymore. In fact, it will be pleasant. At least it was when I attempted to ctb. I gasped for breath momentarily, then suddenly I saw black, then white spots, and felt no pain. My only sensation was peaceful tranquilly.

If you're struggling that much to ctb, maybe reconsider if this is truly the best option for you. I apologize for your incurable chronic conditions. This world is so cruel. Best luck to you in whichever path you chose.
Same as this. Fuck up your life so bad that you can't look back. Your body will have to give in eventually when everything and everyone you love or care about is gone. I believe that you won't be able to kill yourself while you have things worth living in your life. Maybe you can but I'll be much harder than when you have ruined everything. Ruin your health to the point you can't fix it, don't build relationships or friendships, ignore your family, your basic needs, how can you survive without all that?

Reactions: Cloud Busting
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Some kind of substance like alcohol that reduces inhibitions is all I can think of.