H

hopelessness009

Sep 9, 2023
How do I do partial hanging. I tried yesterday but i couldnt breathe at all and my SI kicked in and i stopped it. It was awful and i feel terrible right now. People say that with partial hanging you will be able to breathe and pass out very fast but i didnt. Any advice on what i did wrong? I had the rope at the base of my neck and a normal slipknot at the back of my neck. I wasnt able to breathe and i hadnt passed out yet.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mauve87, Praestat_Mori and アホペンギン
nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
Sounds like you put too much pressure on your neck and it compressed the trachea. I'd say try a different position and leaning technique if you wanna do that. There are many threads on here describing the process, once you send 5 posts you'll have the search function

Upvote 1
H

hopelessness009

Sep 9, 2023
Sounds like you put too much pressure on your neck and it compressed the trachea. I'd say try a different position and leaning technique if you wanna do that. There are many threads on here describing the process, once you send 5 posts you'll have the search function
But people said u need to put pressure in order to cut off your cartoid arteries. Im not sure how. I tried many times but i never pass out. I sit down with the rope thightened and lean slightly to right side with my head.

Upvote 1
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Try to position yourself differently and position the rope differently as well. Prop a few tables or pieces of furniture near your anchor point and test a few positions until you find the one right for you. Also, put some socks where your carotid arteries are to compress them more rather than having the airways blocked by the pressure. Hopefully you'll manage to work something out soon and you'll succeed with finding the perfect position. I wish you the best with your plans!

Upvote 2
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Maybe this thread is of interest for you:

• Hugs
Reactions: omarofficial10
Upvote 1
H

hopelessness009

Sep 9, 2023
Try to position yourself differently and position the rope differently as well. Prop a few tables or pieces of furniture near your anchor point and test a few positions until you find the one right for you. Also, put some socks where your carotid arteries are to compress them more rather than having the airways blocked by the pressure. Hopefully you'll manage to work something out soon and you'll succeed with finding the perfect position. I wish you the best with your plans!
I will try the sock thing cus i havent tried it yet thanks. I was also wondering if i starve and dont drink a lot of water for a 2-3 days it'll probably help with making me weak and pass out faster?

Thank u

Upvote 1
squareminus1

squareminus1

Aug 12, 2023
Hello, I'm thinking of looking into this method too, do you mean tie socks around your neck? Or just kinda put them in the ligature with your head? Also i have asked you questions before and you always answer good, thanks for being helpful!
Edit: think I found the answer my apologies!

Upvote 1
nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
But people said u need to put pressure in order to cut off your cartoid arteries. Im not sure how. I tried many times but i never pass out. I sit down with the rope thightened and lean slightly to right side with my head.
Yes, you need roughly 5kg to cut off veins, 10kg for arteries but at 15kg it already cuts off the trachea. Need to find that perfect spot

Reactions: hopelessness009
Upvote 1
omarofficial10

omarofficial10

Always tired
Sep 8, 2023

This is what you should be reading :))

Reactions: Orbitc and Mauve87
Upvote 1
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I will try the sock thing cus i havent tried it yet thanks. I was also wondering if i starve and dont drink a lot of water for a 2-3 days it'll probably help with making me weak and pass out faster?

Thank u
Depriving yourself of those things will indeed help you in feeling weaker but being weak like that is also a bad thing. Many complications will arise if you're weak from not drinking or eating for days. You'll be very hungry while fasting which will be agonizing and very hot as well because your body doesn't have adequate water to activate the ability of the sweat glands to release water, enabling your body to cool down. I advise you to drink some alcohol or take some sedatives before you hang yourself if you want to be calmer.

The user @020x (attempted a little while ago, probably dead so you can't ask questions to them) made a thread about how to do partial hanging successfully with no complications. If it hasn't been deleted by the outage you can check their posts when we regain the ability to do so (the outage caused many problems, thats one of them) and you can learn more about how to hang yourself well.

Best of luck with your plans.
Hello, I'm thinking of looking into this method too, do you mean tie socks around your neck? Or just kinda put them in the ligature with your head? Also i have asked you questions before and you always answer good, thanks for being helpful!
In between the rope and your neck put some socks (folded to put more pressure on the arteries)

Upvote 1
H

hopelessness009

Sep 9, 2023
Depriving yourself of those things will indeed help you in feeling weaker but being weak like that is also a bad thing. Many complications will arise if you're weak from not drinking or eating for days. You'll be very hungry while fasting which will be agonizing and very hot as well because your body doesn't have adequate water to activate the ability of the sweat glands to release water, enabling your body to cool down. I advise you to drink some alcohol or take some sedatives before you hang yourself if you want to be calmer.

The user @020x (attempted a little while ago, probably dead so you can't ask questions to them) made a thread about how to do partial hanging successfully with no complications. If it hasn't been deleted by the outage you can check their posts when we regain the ability to do so (the outage caused many problems, thats one of them) and you can learn more about how to hang yourself well.

Best of luck with your plans.
i also have an eating disorder so i dont find it hard to not eat although no liquids is a bit harder. but itsnt that maybe a good thing if i want to hang myself? do you know of any sedatives i can get otc cus i dont have any prescription meds.

im planning to go to a hotel room and do it cus i still live at home. but i tried the sock trick and i think it can help. i got lightheaded faster but i had to go up cus i cant accidentally pass out now since my family is here. but i def need to test it out a bit more
you're also thinking of doing partial hanging? im still figureing out things. but i have no options of other methods than hanging sadly...

Upvote 0
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
i also have an eating disorder so i dont find it hard to not eat although no liquids is a bit harder. but itsnt that maybe a good thing if i want to hang myself? do you know of any sedatives i can get otc cus i dont have any prescription meds.

im planning to go to a hotel room and do it cus i still live at home. but i tried the sock trick and i think it can help. i got lightheaded faster but i had to go up cus i cant accidentally pass out now since my family is here. but i def need to test it out a bit more
There are sleeping aids that are OTC like melatonin (I haven't tried this, but, instead of making you sleep if you take less it might just sedate you or make you feel tired) but that takes about 30 minutes to show some effects from the drug (also, I think in some countries it requires a prescription but idk) . Its better to use alcohol to sedate yourself.

Glad the sock thing worked, by the way.

Reactions: hopelessness009
Upvote 1
Black Rose Bunny

Black Rose Bunny

I’m having simpsons of mental illness
Jan 29, 2020
the same thing happened to me just now, i had the knot positioned on my right and after working up to it i got the confidence to try. i like put pressure down and i could barely breath, and i counted to keep myself calm, i counted to 17, since i read it takes 10-15 to pass out, i didn't feel dizzy or anything though, so i took my head out but i was too scared to try a different angle
i tried the sock trick and i think it can help. i got lightheaded faster but i had to go up cus i cant accidentally pass out now since my family is here. but i def need to test it out a bit more
what's the sock trick?

Upvote 0
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
the same thing happened to me just now, i had the knot positioned on my right and after working up to it i got the confidence to try. i like put pressure down and i could barely breath, and i counted to keep myself calm, i counted to 17, since i read it takes 10-15 to pass out, i didn't feel dizzy or anything though, so i took my head out but i was too scared to try a different angle

what's the sock trick?
Put socks between the rope and your neck. It'll put more pressure on the arteries.

Reactions: DaysOfTomorrow and Black Rose Bunny
Upvote 0
Mauve87

Mauve87

Aug 30, 2023
There is a video of a swedish guy killing himself with this method. It's a bit disturbing, but I found it helpful.

From what I can tell, easing into the rope won't work. It's best to drop down, with serious intent.
It should only take a few seconds to pass out.

I'm planning to attempt around next week and feeling anxious. It takes a lot of willpower to go through with it. I understand your distress

Reactions: jusbug and DaysOfTomorrow
Upvote 2
D

DaysOfTomorrow

Aug 16, 2023
There is a video of a swedish guy killing himself with this method. It's a bit disturbing, but I found it helpful.

From what I can tell, easing into the rope won't work. It's best to drop down, with serious intent.
It should only take a few seconds to pass out.

I'm planning to attempt around next week and feeling anxious. It takes a lot of willpower to go through with it. I understand your distress
Can you share the video please?

Upvote 1
Leeroy14R

Leeroy14R

Feb 25, 2023

Yes, this really helped, another suicide method in the bucket.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Upvote 0