Jan 27, 2021
I found it through some Quora comments on a post lol

• Wow
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I was googling the poem from the second-to-last episode of Bojack Horseman because I wanted to copy and paste it into a sticky note. Turns out some user here posted the poem in full and I didn't have to go into Reddit to find it. I lurked for a few days before joining but I was feeling especially suicidal due to guilt over two of my grandparents dying.

Guess what, prolifers. Probably should start banning Netflix first. They've got several movies and shows that can encourage suicide way more than this site anyway. ;)

• Hugs
Reactions: kite, Symbiote and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
slipintothetragedy

slipintothetragedy

Jan 1, 2021
I would consistently look up ctb methods and found an article denouncing this site, but had the name omitted. I kinda knew that I would really wanna join a site like that, so I spent the next month or so trying out different keywords in Google and DuckDuckGo, and eventually found it. I'm really glad I did. I never knew how badly I wanted to have people to relate to about this, and who could understand me.

Reactions: Symbiote
L

lugerepair

I don't like life
Oct 15, 2020
I used to lurk around the SS subreddit back in the day. Then one day I couldn't find it anymore. I Googled "sanctioned suicide", the name of the subreddit, and this forum showed up in the results.

Reactions: Symbiote
cemetorium

cemetorium

Oct 26, 2020
someone mentioned the site on another forum. i lurked for about a year before actually making an account here

Reactions: whywere
L

lifeisbutadream

Warlock
Oct 4, 2018
I think i duckduckgo'd it with the words seperated.

OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
When I began to consider hanging, I did a Google search for rope thickness, and a thread from here popped up in the results.

Chronicillness

Chronicillness

Experienced
Jun 19, 2018
Unfortunately I've been on SS since the advent of the subreddit, so around 2015/2016 when the original SS only had about 1-2k subscribers. I've not been able to overcome my survival insticts, nor my fears.

L

lifeisbutadream

Warlock
Oct 4, 2018
Unfortunately I've been on SS since the advent of the subreddit, so around 2015/2016 when the original SS only had about 1-2k subscribers. I've not been able to overcome my survival insticts, nor my fears.

I thought the question was about just now when it disappeared. But ive been around for a long time too. Before here i was on the S. Hideout until they shut it down. By the time i get around to doing it I'll probably die of old age first. Too bad i Couldn't just lean over and push a button - but we all feel that way don't we?

Reactions: whywere
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
Got lucky through google, ended up on a reddit thing first, (lol pathetic) and a guy who posted there made a goodbye type thread. I simply wished him well, and it equalled a permaban on the first day because I "triggered" the mod there. Found this place second and that's that.

Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Jan 13, 2021
I guess I found this on LostAllHope, then used DuckDuckGo to search this. It looks like a neat forum, then I read a Vice News article about SS, then I realized that I just had to join a forum with like-minded individuals.

Mer

Mer

Insert Witty Comment Here
Dec 2, 2020
Originally through reddit when it was still a sub on there; I lurked a lot even back then.

Reactions: kite
Bazzinga

Bazzinga

Lost
Dec 25, 2020
From a YouTube comment section ,when I was watching a compilation of some Karen videos, YouTube comment sections are the most random! But I'm really glad I found it tho:)

• Wow
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
BlackCatTalk

BlackCatTalk

StrayCat
Apr 28, 2019
I was fired from the job that I loved the most, the one that made me feel that something had been worth it, the damn government and the googs simply decided to kick us out! I was very depressed and one day I took a tie ready to hang myself, my dogs and my cats saw me with that look of do not leave us, we will be scared, there will be many strangers at home ... So I put it off for a while. Now I have until the passage ...

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Bazzinga
HopelessCookie

HopelessCookie

Jan 29, 2021
I can't remember the exact search I typed in but I just googled suicide or ways to kill myself, something along those lines and this site popped up.

Reactions: Bazzinga