• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

anonymous anomaly

anonymous anomaly

Lost.
Jan 3, 2020
I've tried to recover lots of times before, but I've always just ended up relapsing or having bad thoughts again. This time, though, I'm determined to to stop feeling like this. I don't full-heartedly want to recover, but I'm hurting my friends and family by being this way and I don't want to make them sad anymore...

Before, I've just tried to not think about ctb or cutting and joining in more in social events, but that just makes me feel almost worse about myself. I don't know why.

How can I start to recover, or what would be the first steps to take? I really want to feel happy or better again, but I don't know how. Someone plz tell me how..

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
This is just advice but firstly I'd see a doctor, maybe try medication and see if you can have some therapy.
Be open with friends and family, see if and how they can support you.
Make an emergency box, inside it put letters, photos, concert tickets you've been to, fluffy toys, anything that you really like and had a happy memory. When you feel like cutting or suicidal, open the box and let it be your safe place.
Do more things you enjoy, see movies you love, get back into hobbies you used to do.

Recovery is a long process. It doesn't happen overnight and it doesn't happen by just stopping cutting or stopping thinking about something. You can do it, I believe in you. But be kind and gentle to yourself, give yourself time and love yourself through your journey.

Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
You have already taken the first and biggest step my friend without even realizing. That is and I shall quote " I'm hurting my friends and family by being this way and I dont want to make them sad anymore."
That is the first step to recovery, knowing and saying these words. It will take time and probably steps forward and then back. There is no easy fix or rules, I think you will find answers as you go along, it often happens when we seek an answer it comes when least expect it. Noone here can just tell you sadly how to do it, but I think you have determination and that is very good. Share as much as you like and ask us as much as you wish too, dont ever feel alone here. Its good to share and express how we are and we all have different stories, backgrounds and situations, so if one cant help, there is usually someone else who can.

LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
Don't give up if you relapse/crash/whatever.
Keep trying everything that you are comfortable with in order to recover.
What works for one person might not be a good fit for you.
If you access groups or other therapy things, take the good stuff. Ignore the stuff that is not for you. This gives you back your power to choose your day to day existence.
Just what has worked for me in the past.
Best of luck, and we are here for you.

EmptyArms

EmptyArms

Student
Dec 1, 2019
This is just advice but firstly I'd see a doctor, maybe try medication and see if you can have some therapy.
Make an emergency box, inside it put letters, photos, concert tickets you've been to, fluffy toys, anything that you really like and had a happy memory. When you feel like cutting or suicidal, open the box and let it be your safe place.
Do more things you enjoy, see movies you love, get back into hobbies you used to do.

Recovery is a long process. It doesn't happen overnight and it doesn't happen by just stopping cutting or stopping thinking about something. You can do it, I believe in you. But be kind and gentle to yourself, give yourself time and love yourself through your journey.
Damn she's good. All solid advice. Do all this. Rinse and repeat. Good luck:heart:

anonymous anomaly

anonymous anomaly

Lost.
Jan 3, 2020

Thank you so much, this rly helps xox

• Hugs
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel
AlexM

AlexM

To find the outer edge
Oct 31, 2019
I would add - try to do nice things, it could be anything - reading, swimming, eating an icecream, cooking, volunteering. Eat what you like only! More hedonism finally.