• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I really don't have an answer. But I can fully understand the dilemma they are in (at least some of them). There is the conflict not wanting to hurt others while having the urges to do it while being scared to be locked away if you open up to someone else. However, this conflict might not apply to all of them. I am no expert but I think people with sociopathic disorders have more empathy and deal more with a guilty conscience compared to psycohpaths. The latter ones are often better integrated into society.

I am in the psychiatry recently. And there are gardens full of prisoners. I mean people in the forensic psychiatry. Personally, I think they should get offered the option of assisted suicide.

I more and more lose faith in a free will. I think this fate is not pleasant at all. I ask myself whether my bullies were psychopaths. At least about some of them I would not be surprised at all. I would not forgive them though. I don't know. Maybe due to my personal involvement with them.

B

biasedregret

Feb 23, 2024
There are some studies on ASPD that show supportive relationships and societal involvement (incarceration, usually - although this leaves a lot to be desired, especially in the US) have moderating effects on the disorder. That being said, it's largely impossible to meaningfully alter someone's personality. I'd say that we're far from a point where we understand the brain well enough to significantly alter its functioning with enough finesse to move someone from an antisocial to a prosocial mindset.

I do agree with your view on free will. I don't think anyone chooses to have ASPD or any other personality pattern. It's all mostly decided by childhood abuse, genetics, etc. Having empathy for those afflicted is important, too - those with ASPD often suffer greatly. It's been described to me as constantly needing to outrun a limitless boredom in ways that usually end up causing destruction on a personal and interpersonal level.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I think that low-functioning sociopaths and psychopaths can't be helped, but the high-functioning ones actually have an advantage as they succeed in life. Dark triad traits are beneficial for success. Many CEOs, politicians, etc are psychopathic and sociopathic

E

escape_from_hell

Student
Feb 22, 2024
I think that low-functioning sociopaths and psychopaths can't be helped, but the high-functioning ones actually have an advantage as they succeed in life. Dark triad traits are beneficial for success. Many CEOs, politicians, etc are psychopathic and sociopathic
Definitely.
Being a sadistic psychopath would make the earth seem heavenly?
Having empathy, guilt, trying to work hard and do the right things and so on are all recipes for depression and play a huge rule in my suicidality.
If you were dark triad (functionally, not just no control whatsoever and ending up immediately imprisoned) the world is more or less designed for you and is your oyster.
ESPECIALLY if you are a sadist and a psychopath. There is no shortage of tormenting you can do or view or enjoy. Tons of animals to torture, people to bully and lie about and sabotage, plenty of gore and torture videos to watch. Plus the fact is the world is overwhelming in a state of torment, so going to sleep at night you'd feel great joy knowing most living creatures are in a state pretty close to hell.
On top of that, society usually rewards you. Get to be a politician, police officer, gang leader, get a lot of money mercilessly exploiting people, people find narcissists and psychopaths extremely sexually attractive, and so on.
Aside from those who just lack the intelligence and looks to have the psychopathic charm, the benefits are nice? Seems like one of the few lives worth living. A king/queen in hell.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: xinino and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Definitely.
Being a sadistic psychopath would make the earth seem heavenly?
Having empathy, guilt, trying to work hard and do the right things and so on are all recipes for depression and play a huge rule in my suicidality.
If you were dark triad (functionally, not just no control whatsoever and ending up immediately imprisoned) the world is more or less designed for you and is your oyster.
ESPECIALLY if you are a sadist and a psychopath. There is no shortage of tormenting you can do or view or enjoy. Tons of animals to torture, people to bully and lie about and sabotage, plenty of gore and torture videos to watch. Plus the fact is the world is overwhelming in a state of torment, so going to sleep at night you'd feel great joy knowing most living creatures are in a state pretty close to hell.
On top of that, society usually rewards you. Get to be a politician, police officer, gang leader, get a lot of money mercilessly exploiting people, people find narcissists and psychopaths extremely sexually attractive, and so on.
Aside from those who just lack the intelligence and looks to have the psychopathic charm, the benefits are nice? Seems like one of the few lives worth living. A king/queen in hell.
Literally. Evil people get ahead in this world. Everything about this world is inversed. It rewards evil people while good people suffer. Nothing makes sense

C

cosmic-freedom

Mar 18, 2024
Unless they recognize that they require help,nothing can be done.Wanting to change comes from within.I personally don't think a person who is sociopathic or psychopathic would say they need help,if they do then they probably aren't psychopathic in the first place.They don't recognize their behaviors are problematic and are usually very smart and evade any suspicions too.Their victims tend to need more help than they do.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim and xinino
surroundedbydemons

surroundedbydemons

Experienced
Mar 6, 2024
No amount of help will change anything unless they want to change themselves.

Citing myself
No one will read about it if they don't want to care, just as no one will buy a product if they don't want it...
~~~
Literally. Evil people get ahead in this world. Everything about this world is inversed. It rewards evil people while good people suffer. Nothing makes sense
Both in the short run and the long run? Evil people can get ahead faster but that will not last long (in my opinion based on observations)

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
xinino

xinino

I love to be sick
Mar 31, 2024
Strap and do electric chair baby fry them up.

Last edited: