• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
I was listening to the first song on repeat a lot last year.

had this back in the days on an audiotape as an endless loop.
this song has something meditative for me.

my music at the start of my depression was mainly leon the professional soundtrack.
went several times alone to the cinema watching the directors cut and crying my eyes out.

Last edited:
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
had this back in the days on an audiotape as an endless loop.
this song has something meditative for me.

my music at the start of my depression was mainly leon the professional soundtrack.
went several times alone to the cinema watching the directors cut and crying my eyes out.

I've never heard those but I'm loving them, especially that second one.

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
I've never heard those but I'm loving them, especially that second one.

you have really a crazy spectrum of music.
i like the second one a lot. triggered my memory of some balkan music from goran bregovic.

edit: seems the first two videos are not playable inside here but should work on youtube.

Last edited:
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
you have really a crazy spectrum of music.
i like the second one a lot. triggered my memory of some balkan music from goran bregovic.

edit: seems the first two videos are not playable inside here but should work on youtube.

They worked when I clicked on them. All those are really good but I'm really loving the second one.
And yeah, I really just love all kinds of different genres from around the world and really dig deep to find stuff I've never heard before. Youtube has an excellent algorithm too, so I'd say about 30% of what I listen to now comes just from that.
This is one youtube recommended to me a few years ago and I've been obsessed with it ever since.

Last edited:
Reactions: Studio84 and DocNo
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
They worked when I clicked on them. All those are really good but I'm really loving the second one.
And yeah, I really just love all kinds of different genres from around the world and really dig deep to find stuff I've never heard before. Youtube has an excellent algorithm too, so I'd say about 30% of what I listen to now comes just from that.
This is one youtube recommended to me a few years ago and I've been obsessed with it ever since.

yes indeed. the youtube algorithm is pretty good.

my main source of inspiration in the last 10 to 15 years is mainly solid steel radio from ninja tune.
the released from the late 80ies till 2018 weekly 2 hour dj sets from various djs with a really very wide spectrum of music.
cause you can download the sets i have about 100gigs (counted it now - 43 days of nonstop music :D) starting from 2007. some stuff is still online and you also find them on soundcloud.
i hear them partly over and over again and still find pearls.

i also like soundtracks from morricone, lalo schifrin, philip glass or also guys like clint mansell who made the requiem for a dream soundtrack for example.

the second track "danube incident" is also famous cause parts of it was used by portishead in the track "sour times".

Last edited:
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
new discovery!

i know partly we are drifting here a bit to blues and jazz but i guess @Studio84 appreciates that. would be ridiculous to start just another thread.
and often the lines are so flowing it would just lead to multi posts in several threads. but i guess here speaks the optimization freak in me now ^^

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
new discovery!

i know partly we are drifting here a bit to blues and jazz but i guess @Studio84 appreciates that. would be ridiculous to start just another thread.
and often the lines are so flowing it would just lead to multi posts in several threads. but i guess here speaks the optimization freak in me now ^^

All good @DocNo all songs are welcome.

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
some good reggae and ska.

:heart: one track cooler than the other.

in terms of ska i was for some time deep into skatalites. and in terms of dub/reggae i listened a lot to mad professor.
skatalites i posted already here and also in "the afterz". mad professor only in the afterz i guess.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/house-disco-funk-soul.57996/page-7#post-1077902
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/the-afterz.40850/page-32#post-1013968

and in terms of dub i discovered not so long ago kanka. french people if i remember right. and radikal guru also crosses sometimes my way.
maybe also reposts from the afterz. loosing more and more oversight ^^

Last edited:
Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
new discovery!

It's all good DocNo, post whatever you feel you want too. Jazz has been heavily sampled in house music and hip hop over the years so it fits :)