• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
@ohhgeeitsme the second video is Geo restricted what was it out of curiosity?

Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
It was 'Baby It's You' by Smith.
It's a cover of this song (hopefully this one works lol):

That one works, and I've just listened to the cover,I think I prefer that version myself. i'l repost it for you.

maybe it's restricted. can't see it here over my vpn.

it's "big mama thornton - hound dog"

It was restricted where I am, i'l repost that one as well.

Last edited:
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
Thank you for doing that!

@DocNo I was seriously going to post this song next...

omg. love that one!

so lets get stoned with big mama and jimi.

and i feel pretty stupid now. cause in my youth based on the word "joe" it was a stoner song for me not listening to the text. now listening to the text i realize it's not even close about that.

reminds me of the story frank zappa told about "bobby brown". that it was at first a big hit in scandinavia cause the people didn't understand the text but liked the melody.

Last edited:
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
and i feel pretty stupid now. cause in my youth based on the word "joe" it was a stoner song for me not listening to the text. now listening to the text i realize it's not even close about that.

reminds me of the story frank zappa told about "bobby brown". that it was at first a big hit in scandinavia cause the people didn't understand the text but liked the melody.
That's funny. Hey Joe is clearly not a stoner song. I've definitely done that with songs though.
I have this like-hate thing with Zappa. I like some of his music, but man.. the guy was such a dick, and not even in a charming way haha. Ironically, one of my favorite songs of his was the live version of Suicide Chump.. go figure.

I really love these songs..

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
That's funny. Hey Joe is clearly not a stoner song. I've definitely done that with songs though.
I have this like-hate thing with Zappa. I like some of his music, but man.. the guy was such a dick, and not even in a charming way haha. Ironically, one of my favorite songs of his was the live version of Suicide Chump.. go figure.

I really love these songs..

mhm. don't know enough about zappa to know if he was a dick. but he was for sure a control freak.
but i liked a lot of his statements in a documentary i watched about him.
and i also admire his vision in working with new techniques like sampling and how he uses it.

music wise i mostly listened to the "sheik yerbouti" album. and there are some real funny/brilliant tracks on it.
but to lots of his music i also never could connect.

Last edited:
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
mhm. don't know enough about zappa to know if he was a dick. but he was for sure a control freak.
but i liked a lot of his statements in a documentary i watched about him.
and i also admire his vision in working with new techniques like sampling and how he uses it.

music wise i mostly listened to the "sheik yerbouti" album. and there are some real funny/brilliant tracks on it.
but to lots of his music i also never could connect.

To be fair, I'm going off of how I felt about him in my early 20's, so I very well could feel a little different about him now if I rewatched some of it. My friend was a huge fan, so I saw a lot of interviews and even read some of his book and I just remember thinking he was incredibly cocksure, pretentious and just came across as very close-minded. That being said, I'm really good at separating art from the artist so I'm not going to dismiss someone's work just because I want to punch them in the face haha.

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Paul Lekakis-Boom Boom (Let's Go Back To My Room) :heart: :heart::heart::heart:
(They used to play this in a radio retro show)

Sorry for all the extra links but there are so many videos being restricted.

Reactions: Studio84