redisblue

redisblue

"cut me clean, till i can't think anymore."
Feb 12, 2023
I never thought I would post here, but I suppose today is the day. I went to a comedy show almost a week ago for my favourite youtuber. The show was amazing and hilarious, it was the first time in a long time that I had laughed so hard. Everything about it was amazing and it made me feel happy. I wish to feel that happy feeling again, it felt so good. I felt so carefree. The show was based around how the world is doomed but the show was meant to act as a distraction from all of it and a light-hearted way of acknowledging how this world is full of shit. At the end, the youtuber talked about his struggles. He has went through very similar things to me. He talked about how he felt like giving up; like there was no point in trying anymore. He talked about how he wished that when he was getting bullied somebody had told him "Not everybody hates you, just most people!" (I found this funny, but also very relatable). He made me feel a lot less alone. He quoted an old video of his and said "Embrace the void and have the courage to exist." Normally I don't listen to things like that, but after hearing everything he said along with that quote, I burst into tears; I don't cry very often. The entire show had a major effect on me. It gave me hope and courage to keep trying. I know that I still have CTB as an option in case things really don't get better, but I want to try. I want to hold onto that little bit of hope and that chunk of happiness that the show gave me. It also made me feel closer with my mother who went with me, which was nice. In conclusion, it was great and as much as I still obviously suffer from depression, it gave me hope. The show was called We're All Doomed and the youtuber was Daniel Howell. Highly recommend his content! Anyways, I hope everybody else here finds something to give them a bit of hope :)

• Love
Reactions: fell, JustSomeoneOnline, Asprex and 1 other person
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Many of us can be on the "fringe" of society for a variety of different reasons. However, having a connection with someone else on the fringe can be a real boost. In a way it penetrates the feeling of isolation.

• Love
Reactions: Trannydiary and redisblue
Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
Sounds like an honest person who has good ideas about how to help others, without even knowing them.

• Love
Reactions: redisblue
Avyn

Avyn

Experienced
Jan 27, 2021
It's good seeing you have some hope for a better life and future. I remember your post about overdosing with ibuprofen and I'm glad you didn't go through with it.
Sounds like even if they didn't directly help you, you felt understood and heard. You can surely recover, you're a good person, maybe take a break from this site if you need to.
It also makes me feel better to joke about how awful life is, that's how a lot of people cope and why so many like memes!
I'm here if you need someone to talk to and chat with (:

• Love
Reactions: redisblue
redisblue

redisblue

"cut me clean, till i can't think anymore."
Feb 12, 2023
It's good seeing you have some hope for a better life and future. I remember your post about overdosing with ibuprofen and I'm glad you didn't go through with it.
Sounds like even if they didn't directly help you, you felt understood and heard. You can surely recover, you're a good person, maybe take a break from this site if you need to.
It also makes me feel better to joke about how awful life is, that's how a lot of people cope and why so many like memes!
I'm here if you need someone to talk to and chat with (:
Thank you so much :) I'm glad I didn't go through with it either - it's not my time yet and I've realised that now. I don't think I'll take a break from here though, I've made friends and met so many lovely people (including you!) and it's just become a part of my day now to be on here, although I don't look at the suicide discussion section as much! Thank you once again, I appreciate your kind words. I'm here if you need somebody to talk with as well :D

• Hugs
Reactions: Avyn