• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

-
Mar 27, 2023
I have decided to make a thread for NEET people.

Are there any other hikikomori/NEET people here besides me?

For those who don't know hikikomori is a Japanese word that means complete withdrawal from society where a person does not work nor go to school and leave their room for 6 months due to various personal social cultural and psychological issues in their life.

NEET is a UK term that stands for Not in Education Employment or Training.

It refers to a person who is unemployed and not receiving an education or vocational training.

$crim

$crim

skincarver
Feb 12, 2023
100%
i spend my days on my computer, playing games or sleeping cuddled up with my cat and calling it "recovery"
in reality that recoverys been going on for 3+ years and i dont wanna get better because im comfortable with my uninteresting schedule lmao

Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

-
Mar 27, 2023
I am a NEET although I do not choose to be. After Covid happened, I have never been able to find a job that I can get to with my limited transportation options.

I can only play games while starving for so long.

How is being a NEET/hikkomori for you?

I enjoyed it at first but now it is just depressing after 6 years.
100%
i spend my days on my computer, playing games or sleeping cuddled up with my cat and calling it "recovery"
in reality that recoverys been going on for 3+ years and i dont wanna get better because im comfortable with my uninteresting schedule lmao

Yeah i feel you i have been like this for 6 years and it is hard to break out of.
Been this way for about 3 years now, mostly go to 7-11 to get food cuddle up with my bodypillow, play games. Even when I'm working it's more or less the same .
Cant cuddle with my partner because shes in constant pain. So anime body pillow will do .

Who is your waifu?

Last edited:
leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
I am a former hikikomori (2017-2022) currently forced back into education. I haven't really improved though and I'll likely be back in a few months. It's still hard to adjust to having a schedule and I am more socially inept than ever. I can't even talk to anyone at college.
I spent all day on my computer or sleeping. I never had other hobbies. I would only occasionally leave the house to shop, in some cases I would go months without even stepping foot outside.
Even if people would consider me "recovered" due to being at college, the damage is already done. I have been unable to adjust to normal life even after a year.

Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

-
Mar 27, 2023
I am a former hikikomori (2017-2022) currently forced back into education. I haven't really improved though and I'll likely be back in a few months. It's still hard to adjust to having a schedule and I am more socially inept than ever. I can't even talk to anyone at college.
I spent all day on my computer or sleeping. I never had other hobbies. I would only occasionally leave the house to shop, in some cases I would go months without even stepping foot outside.
Even if people would consider me "recovered" due to being at college, the damage is already done. I have been unable to adjust to normal life even after a year.

I feel like my life may go in this direction if i end up recovering as well.

C

come to dust

Arcanist
Oct 28, 2019
Not a hiki or NEET here but want to share my appreciation for them. I so wish I was NEET but have no way of supporting myself. So I have to keep wageslaving away. If I was NEET I would be fine living but being a wageslave is much worse.

Chemical Animal

Chemical Animal

"I was born out of time, I'm not meant to be here"
Jan 24, 2023
Yeah i feel you i have been like this for 6 years and it is hard to break out of.
I've been a NEET for nine months in 2020 (From january to late-september), and despite being way less time than you in this situation, I agree with being hard to break out of. My NEET period was the most peaceful and least stressful/depressing of my life, just playing games, watching movies series and some anime, doing some exercises and sleeping, a perfect "routine" for someone like me

Last edited:
P

pulsar

Feb 1, 2023
I have decided to make a thread for NEET people.

Are there any other hikikomori/NEET people here besides me?

For those who don't know hikikomori is a Japanese word that means complete withdrawal from society where a person does not work nor go to school and leave their room for 6 months due to various personal social cultural and psychological issues in their life.

NEET is a UK term that stands for Not in Education Employment or Training.

It refers to a person who is unemployed and not receiving an education or vocational training.
Those are awesome goals. Will you marry me?

Reactions: Rocinante
P

pulsar

Feb 1, 2023
It is at first but overtime your view on it changes as you experience it.
Well Ive dropped out of the world other than going to school. TRD which never relents, probably literally over a 100 different medications, latest one Spravato,5 hours there and back 2 in the office being monitored. Nothing ever works. But as comfortable as it is to say fuck like, yes, it gets less comfortable as time goes by and you see your life slipping away, how little of your goals you've accomplished, and how much you probably never now will accomplish. Disability is a seductive trap as is depression.

Reactions: Luchs and Rocinante
N

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
I just do virtual school because I can't stand attempting anything in person or any large social setting. It's very lonely and depressing, I'm just craving physical affection from anyone - I just want to be pet or held. It feels like my small little world that I don't want to venture out from. Just me and my silly little computer people.

Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

-
Mar 27, 2023
I just do virtual school because I can't stand attempting anything in person or any large social setting. It's very lonely and depressing, I'm just craving physical affection from anyone - I just want to be pet or held. It feels like my small little world that I don't want to venture out from. Just me and my silly little computer people.

If you do virtual school or remote work you are still apart of society not really a NEET or a hikikomori.

Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

-
Mar 27, 2023
Ohhh okay, I thought hikikomori meant staying in your room exclusively. thanks for corrrecting me

It does but it also means that you're isolated socially and not working nor going to school.

Here are a couple documentaries.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante
Haruka

Haruka

the most beautiful angel
Mar 24, 2023
If I didn't go to university, I would 100% be a hikikomori. I used to be one after lockdown lifted for a while but I don't know of many other female hikikomoris, so I struggled to find people online to talk to. But what is being a hikikomori like for you?

Ki_Nam

Ki_Nam

Slow brain turdle
Mar 23, 2023
100%
Relatable.

U

Unending

-
Nov 5, 2022
I'm not sure if I would be considered a neet since I am on disability and unable to work but I sort of do think of myself as one. I've tried to hold down some jobs over the years and have spent a minuscule amount of time in school (maybe 6 months total out of the last 3 years) but in general, I live in one room and don't do much outside of the house at all.

I don't speak to anyone other than my parents and have no social life. I guess at this point it's hard to call it a choice but at the same time, I'm afraid of even trying much because things always seem to get harder mentally when I attempt to be a normal functioning human.

yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
yes, i'm a hikikomori NEET voluntarily and i will be until i ctb. i'm content with my lifestyle (but not with life itelf ofc), fuck work. i never understood why people want to work or study somewhere anyway, or feel it as an obligation to go to work

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I was a hiki for say 5 years, but not completely. I had friends and some outings. I was very invested in making and watching conspiracy material online though, I didn't feel the nothingness of the lifestyle until well into the fourth year.

Then I started programming and I never stopped. I'm not a great programmer, hell, I might not even be a mediocre one, but I like how I can get lost on a task for hours and days. So what I'm saying is that if you aren't going to kill yourself it's necessary to find something to do, and have it be something that pays.

ptolemaea

ptolemaea

♱ Sweet, mourning lamb
Mar 27, 2023
i'm unemployed and out of school, although i'm trying to find work. i also plan on going back to school…. eventually. it's difficult for me to leave the house, but i hate having to depend on my parents. it's humiliating, especially given the fact i CAN work or go to school, i'm not disabled, but instead i have to rely on them to care for me.

Toy

Toy

Let me out.
Mar 12, 2023
Been a hikikomori for 2 years now, I can't function in public at all when i'm forced to go to medical treatment.
Most of my life has been me in my room, it's very hard to get myself out. I don't view areas outside of my bedroom as safe for me to be.
Though I am looking for work currently, it's also been difficult for me to even land a job since I am very inexperienced with almost everything and I am disabled.

M

marudekinoumitai

Mar 28, 2023
Yup, dropped out of grad school, spent some time in mental health treatment, now I need to find a job but I just...can't. I've never held down a job before and I don't think I have anything to offer anyone. The thought of sending my resume to places and interviewing makes me wanna throw up lol

Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I'm older but I've led semi-reclusive for most of my life and full reclusive for almost a decade. Eventually you realize you are nothing but a steaming pile of dog shit and that you were only born to suffer and die. There's just nothing out there for me. I'm not completely alone so it's not nearly as bad as it could be but I don't expect to venture into the world ever again except when I'm forced to see my doctor in person.

Toji

Toji

waste away with me
Mar 24, 2023
i've been this way for about 7 years.
i only ever leave my apartment to go to the local store for essentials, i'd say i live a completely virtual life. i enjoy video games and anime, they bring me comfort. i hate going outside and interacting with people since i get panic attacks being out in public for too long. sometimes it sucks but mostly i like it, i prefer to be alone.

S

sadjenny

Student
Feb 13, 2023
Hello, hi, I have met my people! Yes, I have been a hikikomori for most of my life. I did try college for two years but failed out due to severe depression. I also tried to work two jobs in my 33 years, both attempts of which lasted for only a month, 10+ years ago. I have successfully failed being an adult and would like my gold star please and thank you! ⭐