• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

maybemonday

maybemonday

surviving but not thriving
Mar 28, 2023
I am also a NEET. I was in university last year but dropped out when I was hospitalized but I'm going back next year (if I'm still alive). I've been living off disability money. It's a sad life... I do get outside for walks everyday so I guess I'm not a hikikomori. I tried to find a place to volunteer but didn't have any luck.

Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
Calling All NEET'S!! I'm glad you decided to make this thread @Hikikomori1! I have also been living a NEET lifestyle for yrs now so I can relate. I've read about people on here talking about being some form of NEET and I realize there are difffernt versions of NEET's with the Hikikomori Japanese seeming to be more extreme. I have a general overall dissatisfaction with life and I like being a NEET to a certain extent.

Zegers

Zegers

Misfit
Dec 15, 2021
I think a hikikomori doesn't go out of the house? if so i wouldn't be but i don't have a social life except for going out to eat from time to time or going for a walk, barely any family nor friends.

I

itsallpointless

Experienced
Feb 9, 2023
I think if NEET was a spectrum I'd fall into one of the categories. send me a PM or something if you wanna have a chat or something

Brainslushy

Brainslushy

sigh
Feb 18, 2023
I neeted from my early teens to early 20s. I tried getting better in the last couple years by going to school and jobs. Feels like I haven't improved in any meaningful way though. Still the same kid trapped alone in my room at the end of the day. School is okay but working absolutly destroys my soul so I haven't held a job for longer than a couple weeks.

kafkasfemcel

kafkasfemcel

noko 🍓
Dec 19, 2022
right now, im taking a break from uni due to poor mental health. it's been months, all i do is sleep in my room and read. it would be pretty nice if i wasn't depressed, i think. don't really have any friends anymore, because i'm not very active on social medias.

-TheSorrow-

-TheSorrow-

A host of sorrows
Mar 30, 2023
Unwillingly NEET, every time I start gaining momentum in life, trying to crawl out of this pit, life always smacks me right back down the hole.
From jobs deciding to fire me for doing mandatory computer work while on downtime, to losing jobs because off any sort of accidents that injure me.
Can never catch a break. It's kinda hard to rely on going out but staying inside for years is really taking a toll on me.

A

AsAboveSoBelow

Apr 2, 2023
I guess this is me now, since last year. I got out of the predicament a few years ago, then COVID and lockdown started, and many other past traumas resurfaced along with new traumas (deaths, loss, assaults etc.) , and then I've just lost any drive drive to be involved with/participate in the society anymore. I'm on an "indefinite leave" from studies and work, and have withdrew from all social circles and family interactions, and stepped down from all my roles. I'm practically housebound 24/7, except for when it's completely necessary like when I gotta attend medical appointment (lest they'd call for a "welfare check" for me" ugh); get groceries (usually at night - sometimes I'd even forego this and go to sleep without eating) and when I had to go out to complete essential tasks and chores.

jerry545

jerry545

Dec 28, 2022
Yes. I'm a NEET. I've been trying to fix my life for the past 5 years and it seems like there isn't any hope. The isolation is killing me. Most people don't understand. The second you tell someone you're unemployed, they look at you differently. So what is the point of trying to make connections with others if you're seen as inherently lesser? I'm tired of having to explain myself to people and I shouldnt have to. Believe me, I wish I could be a functioning member of society. I don't want to be a 'leech".

There is something wrong with my fucking brain. I don't know what is. I can't do things that most people take for granted. If I were to tell the average person my problems, they wouldn't believe me. I can't even commit suicide properly.

nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
itll be ten years for me in a couple of months.

ive given up on ever returning to society. i was pretty normal growing up and had friends and stuff but now it's just me and my cat in my crappy little basement studio apartment. im too sick to drive and live in a rural area with no public transportation so im stuck at home all the time. someone from my community mental health agency takes me to therapy & psychiatrists appointments but thats it.

i collect disability for severe mental illness and im so ashamed of it id rather just stay inside and be by myself then try to meet people and possibly have them ask what i do or what i went to school for. thank god i can at least hide in my little hole and i dont have to worry about seeing happy couples in public or running into anyone i went to school with. giving up on dating and having friends has been a difficult journey and im not sure itll ever truly be over.

it makes sense why some people might think this kind of life is glamorous and im sure lots of other neets make it work better than i have, but overall it's been pretty miserable, especially as the years have worn on. running away from the world solves a lot of problems and creates even more.

autistascetic

autistascetic

Mar 15, 2023
just over 5 years for me, uk. as soon as i dropped from college, so life never really began

looking back pretty much everything that happened could have only ended up with me being in this state. hate to feel like a gatekeeper but until someone experiences this level of isolation i can't relate at all to their struggles

hikikomorei

hikikomorei

૮ ◞ ﻌ ◟ ა tired
Apr 8, 2023
uk NEET for years after dropping out over and over until i gave up on the system to accommodate me. but only a little over a year of full hikikomori after becoming kind of schizophrenic. if i leave the house i think people are staring at me, speaking about me, following me home, wanting to hurt me... i feel as though there is something wrong with me on a biological level that disgusts people, that makes me reek.... insane right hahaha.

i feel like it is my mind's response to the fucked up machinery of society and being a cog that just doesn't fit. people notice immediately, and the judgement triggers some animal instinct in me to run away and hide. it takes confidence just to open my curtains and let the sun in.

i barely get by on the disability money i get, i don't have a wealthy family to give me money. but i am so grateful i at least get to survive this way, i feel so sorry for the people who suffer like me but are forced by circumstance into the outside world and wage slavery.

though no one normal understands my issues. no one seems to appreciate the psychological deterioration and torture being hiki actually brings down on a person. they see it as some lucky break. if i could choose i would not live this way, we are social animals at our core and yearn for human connection. it's painful every day to live in your own stale air shielded from the outside light, living your same day on loop. i mourn the relationships i let die to live this lifestyle. i didn't choose to be different and too sensitive for the world outside. i am too depressed keep a nice tidy space to live in or do enjoyable things like hobbies or play videogames. i exist as though i am already dead.

Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
On and off NEET for the last 5 years. Not hikikomori since I need to get outside and interact with people or I get sad.
The freedom was fun for awhile but things slowly start to become monotonous and repetitive. You soon realize you've already lived tomorrow the more you NEET.

Last edited:
Sadbrains

Sadbrains

She/They
Mar 10, 2023
I hate the common misconception that we are just lazy although that usually is not the case. I don't want to be this way, and I'm trying my hardest but my hardest is not good enough. I hope we are more accepted in the future, sooner rather than later. There are also a lot of things that could help us like more remote work from home jobs. But since we are degenerates to most, we probably won't ever get the help we need.

I feel so alone.

Just posted this here although I already introduced myself as a NEET to keep the thread going and I was thinking a lot about this today.
though no one normal understands my issues. no one seems to appreciate the psychological deterioration and torture being hiki actually brings down on a person. they see it as some lucky break. if i could choose i would not live this way, we are social animals at our core and yearn for human connection. it's painful every day to live in your own stale air shielded from the outside light, living your same day on loop. i mourn the relationships i let die to live this lifestyle. i didn't choose to be different and too sensitive for the world outside. i am too depressed keep a nice tidy space to live in or do enjoyable things like hobbies or play videogames. i exist as though i am already dead.
The worst part is how humans will blame us for being different. The "woke" generation aren't as woke as they can be I guess.

P

pulsar

Feb 1, 2023
I am a former hikikomori (2017-2022) currently forced back into education. I haven't really improved though and I'll likely be back in a few months. It's still hard to adjust to having a schedule and I am more socially inept than ever. I can't even talk to anyone at college.
I spent all day on my computer or sleeping. I never had other hobbies. I would only occasionally leave the house to shop, in some cases I would go months without even stepping foot outside.
Even if people would consider me "recovered" due to being at college, the damage is already done. I have been unable to adjust to normal life even after a year.
How do you sit around alone inside for years without wanting to just end things?
It does but it also means that you're isolated socially and not working nor going to school.

Here are a couple documentaries.

What would give you any reason to keep living and not end things living in that state is beyond my comprehension.
I was one. You guys live in hell. The hardest thing to do, is to do nothing for a long time
I don't know how anyone can do that and not mentally break down in less than a year.
right now, im taking a break from uni due to poor mental health. it's been months, all i do is sleep in my room and read. it would be pretty nice if i wasn't depressed, i think. don't really have any friends anymore, because i'm not very active on social medias.
As if people on social media are really "friends"
itll be ten years for me in a couple of months.

ive given up on ever returning to society. i was pretty normal growing up and had friends and stuff but now it's just me and my cat in my crappy little basement studio apartment. im too sick to drive and live in a rural area with no public transportation so im stuck at home all the time. someone from my community mental health agency takes me to therapy & psychiatrists appointments but thats it.

i collect disability for severe mental illness and im so ashamed of it id rather just stay inside and be by myself then try to meet people and possibly have them ask what i do or what i went to school for. thank god i can at least hide in my little hole and i dont have to worry about seeing happy couples in public or running into anyone i went to school with. giving up on dating and having friends has been a difficult journey and im not sure itll ever truly be over.

it makes sense why some people might think this kind of life is glamorous and im sure lots of other neets make it work better than i have, but overall it's been pretty miserable, especially as the years have worn on. running away from the world solves a lot of problems and creates even more.
How the hell do you ever buy groceries or eat?

Last edited:
leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
How do you sit around alone inside for years without wanting to just end things?
I've always wanted to end things. I just had stuff I wanted to do before I died, and thus postponed it until then. (Still am, really.)

Reactions: Skathon
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
How do you guys financially sustain this lifestyle?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hikikomori1
imissmykitten

imissmykitten

heart rot
May 7, 2023
i dont exactly fit the hiki label because i go in stores sometimes, but i am a neet as of now and i hang out a lot in hiki communities because my life experience is similar. the last time i had real life friends and real life experiences, it was back in elementary school, i grew up staring at my computers and living completely online. i like the phrase "raised by the internet" because it's true for me.

my best moments in life are ones that i spent online, my closest friends were online friends, etc etc. i find it difficult to relate to people who aren't part of the community, because they often have more real experiences and i feel shame.

for me, i do enjoy being alone but i also dislike the repetitiveness and general emptiness of living like this. it definitely caused problems with my memory as the days melt together, and i can't really remember much anymore

J

Jallu55

Apr 3, 2023
I am quite a Japanese tier hikki since I have been inside for like two over a year long periods, My Hikikomorism and NEET life really began when I was 14 although I was already home schooled for like 1,5 years before that after I had mental breakdown and my first suicidal from all the trash at school (I was part of a friend group where I was bullied like half the time and when I finally dropped off from that I was all alone which was also hard at the school yard).

I don't think there are many people on this forum who don't want to end things more or less lol, I was suicidal kid before being inside for long periods of time anyway, but to answer the point in my case I guess it's just incompetence to make good CTB plan with my poor attention span and such. I think it boils down to that it's especially hard to fight against your primal survival instinct if you have been unable to deal with easier problems during your life.

How do you guys financially sustain this lifestyle?
I have lived and still live as an adult with my parents and also there is quite ok welfare payment system in my country for people who have problems.

W

Wowser

-
Mar 7, 2023
Yeah, I'm a NEET since ca. 2015 due retardation/depression/autism. No point in working when you don't plan to live that long and you're incompatible with society.

HyperdimensionLoser

HyperdimensionLoser

sleepy forever
Apr 29, 2023
The only thing really keeping me from being a NEET is college. Once the winter and summer breaks roll around I pretty much turn into a shut-in and disappear from the outside world, so I guess I'm not really a NEET or hikikomori despite how much I like to call myself one haha.

• Hugs
Reactions: StolenLife
StolenLife

StolenLife

-
Sep 19, 2022
The only thing really keeping me from being a NEET is college. Once the winter and summer breaks roll around I pretty much turn into a shut-in and disappear from the outside world, so I guess I'm not really a NEET or hikikomori despite how much I like to call myself one haha.
Same here. If it weren't for Uni I would have been a NEET. Possibly even a hikikomori since I only go out for groceries.

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I hate being a NEET. I've never been able to do anything and I never will. And it seems like everyone else is able to even if they struggle with depression. My brain just doesn't work I guess. I technically work a few hours per week but I don't really count that. I feel like I'm dying all the time because I basically am.

You soon realize you've already lived tomorrow the more you NEET.
this is profound

Last edited:
P

pulsar

Feb 1, 2023
I hate being a NEET. I've never been able to do anything and I never will. And it seems like everyone else is able to even if they struggle with depression. My brain just doesn't work I guess. I technically work a few hours per week but I don't really count that. I feel like I'm dying all the time because I basically am.

this is profound
Some people have no choice other than try to make a living even though they struggle with depression. If you're male chances are you have no one to financially support you.

Reactions: whatevs
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Oldest neet on ss probably. I have had to accept it, because although I've tried to work a bit throughout the years, I am now deteriorating so badly due to my condition that struggling against it is just wasted energy that I don't have. I can't work anymore, and my brain doesn't work well enough to study, so that only leaves mindless entertainment. I barely even go outside anymore.