• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Line

Line

Oct 13, 2022
Outside life doesn't interest me. I've been a NEET and Hikikomori since I dropped out of university. It's been about 3-4 years. I don't have a job because I'm lazy and inexperienced. Spend all my day on computer even though I don't enjoy it as much anymore, it helps distract me from negative thoughts.
My mom supports me with the living

Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
😱Omg I'm a NEET, I didn't know what that stood for before 😂 I'm a 46 yr old NEET sad lol! U could pretty much call me a hikkimori, I hardly leave my bedroom unless I have to, and the only fun thing I do outside is ride my bicycle. It's like my security blanket to be slightly less awkward and be out in public. I do work sort of, just not enough so I'm not well off but barely get by. I make money but not like in a formal job.
How does that work? Without welfare or parents money/support a NEET or hikki cannot survive.
I don't have the luxury of either, but if I could, I would be a NEET. If those conditions were met I'd mostly stay at home and be hiding from the world.

Last edited:
Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

-
Mar 27, 2023
😱Omg I'm a NEET, I didn't know what that stood for before 😂 I'm a 46 yr old NEET sad lol! U could pretty much call me a hikkimori, I hardly leave my bedroom unless I have to, and the only fun thing I do outside is ride my bicycle. It's like my security blanket to be slightly less awkward and be out in public. I do work sort of, just not enough so I'm not well off but barely get by. I make money but not like in a formal job.

I don't have the luxury of either, but if I could, I would be a NEET. If those conditions were met I'd mostly stay at home and be hiding from the world.

You aren't a NEET or Hikki if you're working.

Q

qw3rty259

Jun 19, 2023
Yeah, I'm a neet too. Don't know what else to say

byebyemadworld

byebyemadworld

Aug 17, 2023
I'm a NEET too. An old NEET.
I live with my dad. I took care of my grandparents (before their death) and then of my mom, but she died of cancer last December. Since then I have been depressed. I should have been looking for a job, but I didn't. It's a wonder that my dad didn't throw me out. Now I'm sick and can't go to the doctor because I don't have insurance despite living in a country with good health care. It's my own fault. Now my old dad has to take care of me. I'm worried about my health and his health.

leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023

funny how i found this song and watched welcome to the NHK around 5 years ago, relating to them more and more each year that has passed

Chad Marco makes pretty good music, I recommend "dinner with the folks".

heavyeyes

heavyeyes

✿
Oct 9, 2022
I'm a NEET but not by choice. Mental illness/disorder and trauma messed me up pretty good so I haven't really been able to live a normal life let alone have a life of my own.

I was hikikomori for a long stretch of time but in a past few months I've started going outside my house more. I've been agoraphobic for years and going outside is still very anxiety inducing but it's gotten slightly better. The pandemic definitely didn't help things but it felt nice to have a good excuse not to go outside.

Take a drink everytime I use the word 'but' lol

W

Whistea

Jul 29, 2022
I've been a NEET for a little over a year now and will probably be one until I die.

• Love
Reactions: Passersby
A

aleph_zero

Sep 6, 2022
I've always been a total recluse, even as a university student(didn't attend any lectures and just studied on my own) but now I'm a NEET as well since I dropped out of uni shortly after my suicide attempt. It's been almost 3 years. The social world doesn't interest me at all, but living off of my parents is far from ideal given our strained relationship.

This friday seems like a good day to finally off myself, but we'll see, there have been many Fridays so far.

JustARatOnAStick

JustARatOnAStick

Mar 11, 2023
I wish I could have the opportunity to become a NEET, even if for a few years. But I genuinely don't get how people can do it? Like without a job I wouldn't be able to survive, and here you're barred from welfare if you aren't proving that you actively are searching for a job (not to mention that welfare is atrocious anyway, good luck having a place to live).

Last edited:
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
When I was in high school, I was always a loner and I hated being there. But when the pandemic started, one day I decided to disappear, and I stopped attending classes (at that time they were online classes).
I seemed more like a hikikomori than a NEET, because all the time I was locked in my room and only came out of there to eat or go to the bathroom.
For a year I was playing video games and talking to people online. I enjoyed it more than school. But some time later I started to doubt everything and I was too depressed, to the point that I only thought about doing ctb.

In 2022, I went back to high school to finish it, and managed to get into college, but my depression still continued.
A few months ago I decided to drop out of college, as I no longer felt any motivation or pleasure from being there.
I was planning to get a job, but considering that jobs in the third world are underpaid, I preferred to go back to my old routine.
I am now a NEET, as I go out more often. But every day that goes by I get bored and feel less pleasure for the things I used to like...

Last edited:
L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
I wish I could have the opportunity to become a NEET, even if for a few years. But I genuinely don't get how people can do it? Like without a job I wouldn't be able to survive, and here you're barred from welfare if you aren't proving that you actively are searching for a job (not to mention that welfare is atrocious anyway, good luck having a place to live).
Generally family support.

P

pinemarten

Aug 18, 2023
Been NEET ~3 years now but not a hikki; leave the house to get food and for other reasons if required. I sustain myself with savings from my old job and can perhaps survive another couple years before the well runs dry. I'm not really happy being NEET but at the same time in terms of working I would like to have a job / career that actually pays well enough to have a good life; a job where one's hard work is recognised and rewarded appropriately.

The longer I remain NEET the harder it seems to get out of it. To my mind, no employer anywhere would hire someone who has spent the last 3 years NEET and who wasn't even actively looking for work in that period. Hypothetically if an employer asked what the gap was for then my reply would be "I was dealing with a health problem that's now resolved" (technically untrue) which I doubt they'd press further but I still can't see any employer looking kindly on such a gap.

Trying to think of ways to overcome this, one route out might be nepotism / cronyism whereby one is essentially gifted a job by a friend or family member. I can't really envision this for me a my family aren't much use and I have no friends. Perhaps the only way for me now is to apply for the bottom-of-the-barrel jobs that take literally anyone; places that are constantly churning workers (presumably because the work is so horrible) and to stick it out there for 6 months to a year then jump ship. Ideally it will be easier to get different jobs while already working than it is applying from being NEET.

My tentative plan out is to get my driver's licence, apply for a job as a supermarket delivery driver, do that for a while, rent a room / flat, then perhaps consider applying to college / university / doing a course of some kind to try to open the door to more lucrative careers. Even all that sounds very daunting. In the meantime I remain NEET but I am doing driving lessons, working towards my test. We will see how things go.

D1byRam3n

D1byRam3n

Trying to escape from cruel reality
Nov 14, 2023
I haven't go outside yet since I lost my job when I was 18 at that time, I've also got troubling a lot when i was in conversation because I often got misunderstood a lot by them too much

• Hugs
Reactions: Passersby