• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

-
Mar 27, 2023
This thread is for NEET & Hikikomori people to vent about the issues in their lives.

NEET is a UK term that stands for Not in Education Employment or Training.

It refers to a person who is unemployed/Not in the workforce and not receiving an education or vocational training.

Hikikomori (引きこもり) is a Japanese word that means extreme withdrawal from society where a person does not leave their parents' house, does not work nor go to school and isolates themselves away from society and their family in their room for a period of six months or more due to various personal social cultural and psychological issues in their life.

heavyeyes

heavyeyes

Oct 9, 2022
Thanks for creating this thread <3

I'm a NEET. I'm on disability for mental health reasons. I feel like society would rather I disappear and die since I contribute nothing. I'm a waste of resources and space

At one point I was a hikikomori especially at the height of the pandemic. I think I didn't leave my house for about 3 years

NappinHappening

NappinHappening

Better toxic than dead.
Dec 12, 2023
"..and isolates themselves away from society and their family in their room for a period of six months or more due to various personal social cultural and psychological issues in their life."

Damn i just come to understanding iam hikkikomori.
i always disappear from everyones life for about half an year once in a year and most of the time stay home watching tv/movies/playing games/listening to music/reading etc. Leaving my flat only to get groceries and smokes
I'm a NEET. I'm on disability for mental health reasons. I feel like society would rather I disappear and die since I contribute nothing. I'm a waste of resources and space
I can relate to this.
My family wont say it loud , but im pretty confident they just waiting around till i kill myself and they be free of me finally.

Last edited:
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
Not too sure whether I may be counted or am a fraud, but I have zero social connections, so it ought to count for something?

The girls in my group have been trying to arrange a "Secret Santa" meet-up in a cafe (?) for weeks now, the most recent target is next Thursday, should I go? But I have absolutely no clue about any of that. I could just crash their group like an elephant. I'm too scared even to suggest it in chat.

prettycvnt

prettycvnt

Dec 15, 2023
I'm a NEET, dropped out of high-school this year. Recently quit my job after lasting only 1 month. I have no purpose in this life and I'm a burden to my family. I have mental health issues so I could apply for disability but I would almost definitely be denied as my issues are not severe and I am just lazy. I have no direction in my life and I spend my days doing absolutely nothing. I think at some point in my life I had passions, but I don't anymore. I'm empty.

CheekyPhobia

CheekyPhobia

Reasonless, well it stands to reason...
Aug 1, 2022
I'm a hikkikomori neet, 2 years recently. Graduated highschool, went to university and felt out of place, ended up dropping out. I live with my mother who is horrible and it's clear there is no way forward at this point. No Misaki will be knocking on my door, I'm sure of that.

Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

-
Mar 27, 2023
I'm a hikkikomori neet, 2 years recently. Graduated highschool, went to university and felt out of place, ended up dropping out. I live with my mother who is horrible and it's clear there is no way forward at this point. No Misaki will be knocking on my door, I'm sure of that.

You still have a chance look at it this way at least you are not a hikikomori who is 30-+ or even 50-years old.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
CheekyPhobia

CheekyPhobia

Reasonless, well it stands to reason...
Aug 1, 2022
You still have a chance look at it this way at least you are not a hikikomori who is 30-+ or even 50-years old.
I appreciate the kindness a lot but I think this is one of those inescapable trajectories for a lot of people. If you end up on this path in the first place, chances are you don't get out. If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been a hikkikomori for? How did you end up in that situation?

ang3lz

ang3lz

Aug 17, 2023
I guess reading that definition of NEET, I technically fit the criteria? But not too sure as I'm desperately trying to get a job, so the mindset perhaps doesn't qualify me. I graduated university, but the new government are cutting so many jobs, that every position regardless of level gets way over 500 applicants. I don't stand a chance. I spend each day applying for so so many jobs, I've easily applied for over 100 the past month and a bit. But I don't qualify for the benefit, so once my savings dips below the amount needed for burial/death costs, then I'm gonna have to do it.

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
I'm a shut in, but not a NEET. I have actually been in education for over two decades now. Literally prison.

The first decade was rather enjoyable, I was always top of the class, I was even elected a student of the year one time, took part in 11 school contests in a year (won 7 in my school, 4 in my city, and in in the oblast, and went to the South-East by train to take part in the federal-level competition... where I got third place participation medal, but whatever - I slept with boys, it was so hot, no homo).

But the latter decade? It's just a disaster. After high school, I don't have any rigidity in my life, no aims, and the stark reality of Hitler's death and Brezhnev's defeat hit me with full force. I don't want to live in a world without Nazis and commies. There is no system, no hierarchy, no order. Just constant chimp outs, revolutions, whoring.

I can be proud that in December 2013, teachers in my nationalist school asked me to ask my students to come back to school instead of skipping due to the Euromaidan riot, and I went and asked them. And then I came back to the desolate school where only that one high-IQ girl was licking her BF (I still defeated her in competition, so I didn't feel envious at all, plus I don't want to lick guys).

Now, I'm in an all-female university prison where being too depressed to care about learning a few dogshit words may carry the difference of me going on or having my feet cut off in Bakhmut. Absurd. I honestly wonder whether they understand it at all. It's not like I'm skipping all classes or anything.

But if not for the war, I would have definitely dropped out again by now. It's 5.5 years now, I've gone long enough... Meanwhile, I can't even hold a job even if I could because my feet are going to be removed in that case. And I'm not even getting a scholarship/stipend anymore! My mom suggested paying me to raise my interest lmao

• Wow
Reactions: bebebeep
Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

-
Mar 27, 2023
I'm a shut in, but not a NEET. I have actually been in education for over two decades now. Literally prison.

The first decade was rather enjoyable, I was always top of the class, I was even elected a student of the year one time, took part in 11 school contests in a year (won 7 in my school, 4 in my city, and in in the oblast, and went to the South-East by train to take part in the federal-level competition... where I got third place participation medal, but whatever - I slept with boys, it was so hot, no homo).

But the latter decade? It's just a disaster. After high school, I don't have any rigidity in my life, no aims, and the stark reality of Hitler's death and Brezhnev's defeat hit me with full force. I don't want to live in a world without Nazis and commies. There is no system, no hierarchy, no order. Just constant chimp outs, revolutions, whoring.

I can be proud that in December 2013, teachers in my nationalist school asked me to ask my students to come back to school instead of skipping due to the Euromaidan riot, and I went and asked them. And then I came back to the desolate school where only that one high-IQ girl was licking her BF (I still defeated her in competition, so I didn't feel envious at all, plus I don't want to lick guys).

Now, I'm in an all-female university prison where being too depressed to care about learning a few dogshit words may carry the difference of me going on or having my feet cut off in Bakhmut. Absurd. I honestly wonder whether they understand it at all. It's not like I'm skipping all classes or anything.

But if not for the war, I would have definitely dropped out again by now. It's 5.5 years now, I've gone long enough... Meanwhile, I can't even hold a job even if I could because my feet are going to be removed in that case. And I'm not even getting a scholarship/stipend anymore! My mom suggested paying me to raise my interest lmao

What are you even going on about?

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
What are you even going on about?
Describing my situation which is NEET-adjacent. Anyway, I was on the verge of undergoing unction, but then randomly got an inspiration to put in those 5 hours not to get expelled, so I'm still here.

I'm an incel with zero social experience.

SCDLKD

SCDLKD

May 29, 2023
Idk if I'm a hikikomori or not but since my father died 6 years ago my mental health got worse than it was before and I've been in a similar situation.

I'd shut myself in and cut all relationships for like 6 months to a year, maybe a year and a half too. Only going out sporadically for food, cat food, cigarettes, etc.

But it will reach a point where I'll try to go live a normal life and get a job for 6 months at most only to end up failing and repeating the cycle once again.

I'm once again at the beginning of the cycle and I'm 25 almost 26. Idk if this time I'll be able to go out again

migimortis

migimortis

Student
Jan 15, 2024
i fit both defs lol..

no job (ever), high school dropout, been a total shut in for basically 5 years and no end in sight :/
pretty much this tbh

I was hiki pre pandemic and have been for like... 7 years??? Wow has it been that long? Jesus it's fking over. Was anyone else happy the lockdown happened? Gave me an excuse to be indoors. I'm on the verge of homeless rn so I either get a job or ctb. I can't see myself wageslaving tbh so it's probably over for me.

Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

-
Mar 27, 2023
Idk if I'm a hikikomori or not but since my father died 6 years ago my mental health got worse than it was before and I've been in a similar situation.

I'd shut myself in and cut all relationships for like 6 months to a year, maybe a year and a half too. Only going out sporadically for food, cat food, cigarettes, etc.

But it will reach a point where I'll try to go live a normal life and get a job for 6 months at most only to end up failing and repeating the cycle once again.

I'm once again at the beginning of the cycle and I'm 25 almost 26. Idk if this time I'll be able to go out again

It sounds like you were one on and off.
pretty much this tbh

I was hiki pre pandemic and have been for like... 7 years??? Wow has it been that long? Jesus it's fking over. Was anyone else happy the lockdown happened? Gave me an excuse to be indoors. I'm on the verge of homeless rn so I either get a job or ctb. I can't see myself wageslaving tbh so it's probably over for me.

8-years hikikomori here.

Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

-
Mar 27, 2023
That's why I'm not sure if I "qualify" as one myself, but it doesn't matter anyway.
I found this japanese hikikomori who uploads videos about his experiences being one himself and I thought maybe this could help somebody here.
This is his channel: https://youtube.com/@HirosiYamazoe?si=UcPdAvKhSF_Pi0Sh

I think that guy is a faker because he seems to have being a hikikomori as his entire identity even though it is not something to be proud of.

Also with videos like these it shows that he doesn't understand the struggle strictly speaking by definition hikikomori do not work.

He also seems to disregard the mental health issues of other hikikomori saying stuff like it doesn't matter that most hikikomori are mentally il you are just a gatekeeper.

He acts like an expert when in reality he knows fuck all on the topic.

Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
I've been trying to leave neetdom but it's nigh impossible. I tried to complete a single task today(writing) but that was followed by depression and a want to consume food. Thankfully I'm able to suppress it. A job is out of the equation at this point as much as I want to live normal life. Something in my brain is wired wrong and preventing me from moving forward. I believe at this point I'm destined to die in my bedroom. I've worked one job in the past year, and was unemployed for 5 years prior.

• Aww..
Reactions: migimortis
migimortis

migimortis

Student
Jan 15, 2024
I've been trying to leave neetdom but it's nigh impossible. I tried to complete a single task today(writing) but that was followed by depression and a want to consume food. Thankfully I'm able to suppress it. A job is out of the equation at this point as much as I want to live normal life. Something in my brain is wired wrong and preventing me from moving forward. I believe at this point I'm destined to die in my bedroom. I've worked one job in the past year, and was unemployed for 5 years prior.
We rarely die in our bedrooms unless we ctb, we usually die on the streets. Homeless.

• Aww..
Reactions: Rocinante
neonzebra

neonzebra

Sep 11, 2022
I've been on and off NEET for years.
I'm not technically at the moment because I just started a new job after a year and a half of doing nothing.
Let me tell you it is HELL. I'm a nervous wreck already after only one week.
So perhaps I will be back to join the ranks of the NEETs before long.
And there was me thinking I was capable of something...

Reactions: Hikikomori1
N

Nofuture1234

-
Jan 25, 2024
I'm never going to have a relationship and no girls are ever gonna wanna "come back to my place" so what's the point of wasting all my time working just to afford an apartment I'd just rot alone in? At least in my house I can nap as much as I want and talk to my parents. There's no real reason for me to move out or work more than the occasional couple weeks of part-time retail to refill the drug/booze fund.

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
Maybe I'm adjacent. But I'd identify more with NEET as a lable than hikikomori because I'm not employed, in training or education and still live with my parents/my mother. I don't want to work and I'm a very young adult, a school dropout. Yet I still retain some social connections despite having no friends. I still go outside but have lost interest in life.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I've been a NEET since graduating college and tbh I like it because it's a chill existence. I'm happy to not have to interact or socialize with other people in person because I suck at it due to my neurodivergences (specifically Asperger's). I'm also happy that I don't have to work for a living right now, although eventually if I'm still living I will, and that depresses me. I'm just really scared of entering the real world and workforce and the thought of having to work for a living makes me really sad and depressed. I really think that it's basically modern-day wageslavery, I don't want to sign over 50 years of my life to a job or be chained to work, I want to be free. Anyways unfortunately I probably won't be able to get the freedom I want to achieve during this lifetime because I was born as a human, lol. My parents are pestering me to get a job though and enter the workforce/society, and they think that I'm occupying their space and they want to kick me out, and that's the main reason why I'm on this website. I wish that they wouldn't try to get me to leave. That makes me depressed and suicidal.

SCDLKD

SCDLKD

May 29, 2023
I think that guy is a faker because he seems to have being a hikikomori as his entire identity even though it is not something to be proud of.

Also with videos like these it shows that he doesn't understand the struggle strictly speaking by definition hikikomori

Maybe it's his way to cope with it idk or maybe you are right and he's not a hikikomori anymore but he's telling his past experiences as one and I thought that could help someone maybe.
He's also japanese so there's lots of cultural differences regarding the mental health/work culture.

kawaiiphantom

kawaiiphantom

I gently open the door
Feb 1, 2024
This thread is for NEET & Hikikomori people to vent about the issues in their lives.

NEET is a UK term that stands for Not in Education Employment or Training.

It refers to a person who is unemployed/Not in the workforce and not receiving an education or vocational training.

Hikikomori (引きこもり) is a Japanese word that means extreme withdrawal from society where a person does not leave their parents' house, does not work nor go to school and isolates themselves away from society and their family in their room for a period of six months or more due to various personal social cultural and psychological issues in their life.
Wahhhhh thank you for making this thread ❤️ I just feel so useless. Ever since I had to drop out of art school a year ago I've been a NEET :[ I feel like such a burden to the people I live with. I try to send them money when I can that I made from things I do online like art. and try to do household chores when no one is home. But I still feel awful. I live with one of my best friends who convinced me to move in because of my mental health issues and where I was living wasn't good for me, but I feel like they expect me to have a job by now. I feel horrible since it's been 5 months. One of the reasons I want to CTB so I can rid them of my burden. I've just been so incapacitated by mental illness, having multiple episodes of SH and suicidal actions, getting a job feels so scary and hard and I feel like a coward

Last edited:
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
Now I'm closer to being neet because my mom has set me fully to online studies, considering how going outside has grown unsafe due to the Kiev régime politics. Not that I went outside anyway - mainly to retrieve Chinese toys, and to attend classes in case they were offline. But I do feel like a neet - I have no idea why even continue. Aside from pleasing my mom - I'm not into incest such as this (I hate her), but I don't mind it either, it's not supposed to be difficult.

I wonder how unhinged I sound. People talk about mental issues, but they sound much more normal than I do, haha.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori