jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Yeah it's crazy what chatGPD can do. But companies still want junior Devs! They want to be able to train them into senior Devs for a start. ChatGPD still isn't as flexible as a human, you can't always give it all the details it needs to do a great job. People are useful for more complex requirements. Expanding on a code base isn't something chatGPD does well at all. It just gives new snippets.

But if you're looking for a different job, check out freelancing sites to see what jobs are offered that you could do at what price. The pay isn't great but there's graphic design, making logos etc. Doesn't take too much skill, once you're used to the software

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Thats so awesome, what an inspiration!
lets hope advancements in AI dont ruin our job field.
They will soon enough IMO, in 3 years all low to medium programmers will be obsolete, I would say. We are already using ChatGPT to solve some problems at work, although it's useless for most things still.

HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
They will soon enough IMO, in 3 years all low to medium programmers will be obsolete, I would say. We are already using ChatGPT to solve some problems at work, although it's useless for most things still.
so would you say i should still try and learn web dev or forget it and do soemthing else?

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
so would you say i should still try and learn web dev or forget it and do soemthing else?
That depends on what you want to do in life. I wanted to publish some kind of game and that's why I started learning Flutter and now work with it. I don't recommend getting into programming if you don't like it or have some kind of related goal. In terms of work, you'll get one easily after learning the basics of popular technologies and paradigms/practices, but I really think that will only last a few years.

Who knows? If you get into tech and you like it you will certainly find job elsewhere once web development is more automated. Perhaps you will be using those automated tools yourself, they won't be fully autonomous.