• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

-
Sep 28, 2022
Okay i have no experience with either cyber security or web dev.

I dont have money to pay for studies and my parents dont qualify for a loan.

Can these fields be self taught online?

Also im 30 , is that too old for these fields as a junior?

I basically dont work so i have all the time in the world , i want to learn and get a junior level job in the average time of 1 year and 6 months .

I can dedicate every single day , any hours a day.

I am of average intelligence , im very bad with on hand/ practical tasks such as fixing and repairing things.

I am more academically minded and obtained a good pass in high school.

I also had obtained my A+ years ago but i didnt take life serious back then and i just passed cause it was multi choice and i was quite academic and computer literate.

I want either something like an ethical hacker or front end web developer.

Is it possible self taught within 18 months for a junior job?

thank you for any guidance and help.

Reactions: hungry_ghost
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Hey. I'm glad to see you looking into this options.
It is totally possible to teach yourself online, if you're determined and have tons of time. There are lots and lots information available on the Internet for free.
I'm not going to lie, it is tough to start a career from scratch at 30 and without a college degree. You might have to do some portfolio projects on freelance market for a very low price, or maybe even some personal projects for free. You will probably spend some time looking for a job and will kind of have to learn to "sell" yourself to the employer. But with enough motivation, nothing is impossible. Front-end web developer sounds like a more realistic career path than an ethical hacker.

Wishing you best of luck! Hope it works out for you!

• Informative
Reactions: Un- and Cathy Ames
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Okay i have no experience with either cyber security or web dev.

I dont have money to pay for studies and my parents dont qualify for a loan.

Can these fields be self taught online?

Also im 30 , is that too old for these fields as a junior?

I basically dont work so i have all the time in the world , i want to learn and get a junior level job in the average time of 1 year and 6 months .

I can dedicate every single day , any hours a day.

I am of average intelligence , im very bad with on hand/ practical tasks such as fixing and repairing things.

I am more academically minded and obtained a good pass in high school.

I also had obtained my A+ years ago but i didnt take life serious back then and i just passed cause it was multi choice and i was quite academic and computer literate.

I want either something like an ethical hacker or front end web developer.

Is it possible self taught within 18 months for a junior job?

thank you for any guidance and help.
Have you checked into student loans, pell grants? Could an aunt, uncle, grand parents help? Google your subject see if there is an apprentice program in your area. Above all else do not give up too easily.

HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

-
Sep 28, 2022
Hey. I'm glad to see you looking into this options.
It is totally possible to teach yourself online, if you're determined and have tons of time. There are lots and lots information available on the Internet for free.
I'm not going to lie, it is tough to start a career from scratch at 30 and without a college degree. You might have to do some portfolio projects on freelance market for a very low price, or maybe even some personal projects for free. You will probably spend some time looking for a job and will kind of have to learn to "sell" yourself to the employer. But with enough motivation, nothing is impossible. Front-end web developer sounds like a more realistic career path than an ethical hacker.

Wishing you best of luck! Hope it works out for you!
thank you and yes i got no problem with working for low and doing personal projects at first to show a portfolio.

Yes i am thinking Web Dev seems the easier option.
Have you checked into student loans, pell grants? Could an aunt, uncle, grand parents help? Google your subject see if there is an apprentice program in your area. Above all else do not give up too easily.
thank you for the encouragement.

• Love
Reactions: GrumpyFrog
DisillusionedDragon

DisillusionedDragon

Pessimist/Antinatalist
Nov 25, 2020
I think if you are and stay motivated there's nothing in your way. Humans can achieve a great deal if they really want to.
Wishing you luck!
But don't overwork or be too hard on yourself, otherwise you'll loose your motivation, which is the most important factor in achieving your undertaking, so try your hardest to preserve it.

HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

-
Sep 28, 2022
I think if you are and stay motivated there's nothing in your way. Humans can achieve a great deal if they really want to.
Wishing you luck!
But don't overwork or be too hard on yourself, otherwise you'll loose your motivation, which is the most important factor in achieving your undertaking, so try your hardest to preserve it.
thank you so much. are you in the field?