• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

cetacea

cetacea

underwater
Nov 8, 2023
I made a thread on the opposite topic, unhelpful responses you've gotten from non-suicidal people.

I invited people to share helpful responses too, but I think that would be better off here. I would love to hear the caring, loving, helpful things people have said to you when you've admitted you want to CTB or hurt yourself. Or anything else you've opened up about and someone said something that really comforted you. Let's try to think about the positive experiences in our life even if small.

For me, my boyfriend telling me "I get not wanting to bring up that shit when hanging out w other ppl or friends and they don't need to know everything, but you can be clear with me" was very comforting. He made sure I knew he isn't bothered by my thoughts and in fact wants to hear them so he can help me through it

cetacea

cetacea

underwater
Nov 8, 2023
My mom said if I ctb its the equivalent of murdering someone and she could no longer love me. WTF!
WTF indeed! Im sorry she said that to you. I dont know much about your mom but I think she would still love you if you CTB'd. Non-suicidal people sometimes resort to guilt-tripping because they dont know what else to do. Sorry if im assuming too much, I just dont want you to feel bad. If you CTB'd, it would not be murder. You would just be trying to escape pain.

Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
It's not a response, but The Myth of Sisyphus has been very helpful. It's probably the most well-thought out and reasoned argument against suicide I know of.

I also had someone urge me to reconsider because they believed the mistakes I made at the time could be solved without suicide. They also suggested I work on my self-loathing, because it's a tough road. It honestly made me reconsider. They ended up being right, btw.

laylaN

laylaN

Apr 4, 2023
"If you feel like hurting yourself again, just get a facial treatment (referring to an oil extraction) instead" — It wasn't helpful because it was kind or insightful, but because it made me double take hard enough to snap out of my self-destructive haze. Like, really? What? That's what you're going to say to your kid after you caught them in a CTB attempt? Huh? I mean, part of what got me is that those treatments do hurt like hell. I dare say they hurt more than self-harm and they improve my skin instead of scarring it, so maybe my mom was onto something. Lol

Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
"Wait 72 hours before doing anything. You can always kill yourself once the 72 hours is up, but you can't unkill yourself if it turns out you were just having a bad day." <- Advice that has saved my life more than once, I think.

Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
My mother told me if I killed myself, she would as well. Welp! Looks like that is off the table. Some may take issue with her saying that, but I do not really care because that is enough to keep me from heavily considering.

• Hugs
Reactions: cetacea
nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
im just finished a very intensive inpatient rehab. they didn't eliminate my self harm and suicidal ideation because they didn't want to tackle the death of my boyfriend. but they did remind me that the pain of the past and anxiety of the future can be lessened by living just for the day. meaning, doing what you need to today and worrying about tomorrow when it comes. it helps to become less worried about future.