• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Zany

Zany

scaredy-cat
Jan 31, 2024
I'm trying to write my note, but I'm struggling immensely getting anything on paper. I've only got down one sentence and it's not satisfactory. The problem isn't that I'm incapable of writing anything, I've always exceeded the word count for essays and the like, but somehow I just can't seem to get anything down. I think one of my issues is that I don't fancy writing an autobiography, my family knows who I am, I see no point in telling them things they already know, but that leaves me with something that basically boils down to 'i love you guys, but i'm dead now' and that's kinda soulless and possibly insulting. Somehow I just can't find the words to explain myself, so I'd really appreciate any advice.

PreCambrianBliss

PreCambrianBliss

Touring the primordial aeon
Apr 26, 2023
The majority of suicide cases don't leave notes. I have a very hard time writing anything too, I have a document with like 50 pages of scribbling but I think my note will only end up being a couple sentences. I'm just going to stick with something positive and impactful for my family to help put them at ease, but otherwise I guess there's just not much worth saying in a situation like this.

My advice is to just put some thoughts down every now and then. Most will be discarded but you'll probably also pick out phrases or ideas worth revisiting in a final draft. You should also try to consider what purpose the note serves for you and how you want it to affect the reader. It's easy to lose sight of this

Upvote 0
notforl0ng

notforl0ng

Student
Feb 19, 2024
My mom's suicide note was a few sentences with "I'M SORRY" etched into the lower half of the page hundreds of times. It spoke volumes. I don't know if it helped any of us grieve or not, though. I read it one time and didn't want to see it again.

My note is brief. Thanking my sister for all the help she's given me when I was homeless and struggling, telling her what I appreciate about her and that I hope she doesn't take it too hard and that I found what I'm looking for. Telling the other sister that I hope she gets clean and stops self destructing, and that I had to cut contact because I couldn't participate in it anymore. We haven't been close since childhood and I know for a fact she rarely thinks about me so it doesn't matter to me too much. She's going to be angry at my death after we lost our mom. I think leaving my dad out of the note entirely is a good final fuck you lol.

My advice is try to remember that when you leave your note your family may read it dozens or hundreds of times trying to process your death. I wouldn't try to make it too morbid or twisted if you care about how their grieving process goes. It's gonna be brutal regardless. Use the opportunity to tell them things you couldn't without being committed to the psych ward, or how much you appreciate them if you do at all.

• Informative
Reactions: Buh-bye!
Upvote 0
CasperDaGhost

CasperDaGhost

Only I Can Bring About The End.
Feb 17, 2024
My note is honestly more of an amalgamation of thoughts and feelings than anything cohesive and this is more of a personal thing. But the three main things that I'd recommend would be, just the regular, saying that you love them and don't want to hurt them, elaborating on why you think CTB is what you need to do, and reassuring them that even if they or the world disagrees with your choice, you believe in what you are going to do.

Upvote 0