• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
Some nights I struggle, my pattern is messed up.
What do some of you do to help sleep, apart from counting sheep :ahhha:
I have tried listening to sleep inducing music/binaural beats, I've tried a sleep spray, once I turned the internet off because I was sure that affects it!
Anything you do that I could try would be appreciated.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
not using the phone 1 hour before bed can help you to stop being stimulated when you're trying to sleep. Head empty, no thoughts lol

taking a bath before bed can help

I used to have insomnia and got meds now so those help me sleep but sometimes I still struggle. Music helps me fall asleep and also benzos/weed/alcohol. Having good sleep hygiene is important so going to bed and waking up at the same time everyday could help, so that your body learns a routine.

reasonabledoubt

reasonabledoubt

Mar 11, 2020
I found it to be helpful listening to whisper asmr videos, but there are more options like tapping, mukbang, mouthsounds, etc you get what I am saying, so just go with asmr on youtube.

Reactions: raindrops
raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
not using the phone 1 hour before bed can help you to stop being stimulated when you're trying to sleep. Head empty, no thoughts lol

taking a bath before bed can help

I used to have insomnia and got meds now so those help me sleep but sometimes I still struggle. Music helps me fall asleep and also benzos/weed/alcohol. Having good sleep hygiene is important so going to bed and waking up at the same time everyday could help, so that your body learns a routine.
youre right i need to self discipline myself more, routines and getting off my phone would be beneficial.
its 2:42 here I have work at 9:30 I just cant sleep. its always when i have work, days off i could sleep early.
i need to sleep now lol

i use to smoke weed but quit, made my anxiety worse imo. i do miss it though.
a routine would definitely help, ah i do miss weed though.
I found it to be helpful listening to whisper asmr videos, but there are more options like tapping, mukbang, mouthsounds, etc you get what I am saying, so just go with asmr on youtube.
whispering, oh i dunno, its dark, bit scary lol
i can see how that could work though.
i'll end up staying awake watching mukbang, mesmerised by how quick they eat!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
Tea, warm milk, herbs... I don't mean stuff like weed with that.
Peaceful music, rain ASMR from YouTube, other things such as looking at something like images / art ones until you fall asleep.
My lame formula for it. :ahhha:

Reactions: Lostandlooking
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I second herbs. Strong tea on white sage knocks me out quickly. It's cheap and on-addictive.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I have the same problem as you, I have tried counting sheep, YouTube sleep induction therapies, nothing works, I've become so addicted to sleeping pills, that none of them works for me. Talked to the doc, twice he prescribed me anti psychotics, luckily I came here to ask for advice to people that take them or taken them, so I decided not to take those. It's hard though, I still take crazy amounts of ambien, and I'm starting to feel it in my daily life, my hands shake sometimes, I tend to forget things. Dunno how will I ever sleep again naturally. Wish you luck I think we both need it. Hugs

CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
Please get yourself a quality mattress, a cervical pillow, and allergy-free bedding if possible. It will save your back and neck, encourage quality sleep, and is an investment into your physical and mental health. Good luck! :heart: :hug:

Bahbah Blacksheep

Bahbah Blacksheep

Dec 23, 2019
I listen to the sleep with me podcast or sleep meditations or ASMR on youtube.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

🚫Safety is a figment of the imagination🚫
Jul 1, 2020
Melatonin. It's a supplement.