• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020

I haven't myself! i do
The tanks I bought come with a flow regulator installed. I bought 2. But now have to re order as couple years old. I used an instructional video produced Netherlands on setting up home tubing and making exit bag to decide what size, flow, size of tubing and how to put on. I live alone so has to be something can do without anyone else having to be involved and for me this video ( aimed at older and disabled people) was a simple step by step method that I could access and remember more easily. I worry about brain damage and aware I may not be fully attentive at the time so as an instructional step by step method looked ok.

did you purchase the tanks from a source mentioned in the PPH, i know there was a source that used to supply the tanks but now its just regulators they sell?
Where are you located? I am in the UK and there is a supplier in Margate (Also mentioned in the PPH) that is pure Food grace nitrogen in the small 400 l Canister. I purchased this back in December. I made the exit bag exactly as instructed By Betty on you tube. I bought the expensive regulator From MD Brewing In Oz. I simply didn't want to fanny around with different types of gas and regulators not knowI got what I was doing. The regulator arrived after about three weeks. The only problem I had was that I had to tighten it a lot when fitting in in the canister (it suggests in the PPH that you don't have to tighten it a lot – finger tight). I actually needed to use a wrench to do the extra 1/4 inch it needed, I still had a little bit of leakage of gas. I posted on here and a very kind person on this forum (I really can't remember who) showed me a link to using Teflon tape around the threads of the regulator. It sounded very complex but really it was very easy. I ordered some from Amazon, wrapped it around the threads on the regulator as shown in a small YouTube clip that the person also provided and instantly there was no leakage at all.. So basically everything is set up. I think people generally seem quite put off (SN seems to be the preferred method) as it seems there are quite a few steps involved but really it isn't that complex at all once you get your head round it, I'd much rather do that I think then take SN as it's a lot quicker to unconsciousness and of course you can have a few drinks before you do it!

To prevent the leakage and having to tighten as much, you can us ptfe tape(plumbers use it) it would seal the fitting to the tank. it costs pennies. you can also get gas tape which is thicker stuff so less needed.there is also gas paste(more expensive). sounds to me like there was a problem with the 'o' ring that makes the seal on the regulator you had. i remember reading an article (possibly PPH) that said ptfe would suffice.

sorry i didn't read your full reply and noticed you found a solution!!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Greenberg
W

Wiltshire

Nov 14, 2019
I haven't myself! i do

did you purchase the tanks from a source mentioned in the PPH, i know there was a source that used to supply the tanks but now its just regulators they sell?

To prevent the leakage and having to tighten as much, you can us ptfe tape(plumbers use it) it would seal the fitting to the tank. it costs pennies. you can also get gas tape which is thicker stuff so less needed.there is also gas paste(more expensive). sounds to me like there was a problem with the 'o' ring that makes the seal on the regulator you had. i remember reading an article (possibly PPH) that said ptfe would suffice.

We don't have an 'o' ring on the U.K. regulators. I didn't know this at the time and thought I had been sold a diff regulator lol. It just shows I was right to follow the full instructions from PPH and buy the Maxx regulator and then get advice when the seal wasn't completely tight. I couldn't have been fannying around with trying to do things from scratch and needed a list of things to buy. The Teflon tape worked a treat - I could tell immediately as I screwed the regulator into the tank -it just felt so much tighter. A quarter turn with a wrench and it was all sorted. It's all there - Locked in a cupboard just as a 'backstop' In case life becomes even more unbearable. I know it works, I've tested it all.

D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
Filled cylinders of welding grade helium, which will not be mixed with air as party baloon grade may likely be, and argon, are sold online and delivered by parcel delivery service anywhere in the continental US for only a small shipping charge. The company, abbreviated WS, is easily found with a web search. Another online supplier recommended in the PPeH is abbreviated CW, but I don't have first-hand experience ordering from them. For some reason, WS doesn't sell filled nitrogen cylinders, but my understanding is the human body reacts to helium and argon the same way as it does to nitrogen.

Edit: I just checked again, and WS now is selling filled nitrogen cylinders online.
What is WS?

D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
W
We don't have an 'o' ring on the U.K. regulators. I didn't know this at the time and thought I had been sold a diff regulator lol. It just shows I was right to follow the full instructions from PPH and buy the Maxx regulator and then get advice when the seal wasn't completely tight. I couldn't have been fannying around with trying to do things from scratch and needed a list of things to buy. The Teflon tape worked a treat - I could tell immediately as I screwed the regulator into the tank -it just felt so much tighter. A quarter turn with a wrench and it was all sorted. It's all there - Locked in a cupboard just as a 'backstop' In case life becomes even more unbearable. I know it works, I've tested it all.
Why did you need to use teflon tape?
I haven't myself! i do

what is ptfe?

Last edited:
  • Love
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
W

Why did you need to use teflon tape?

what is ptfe?
Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) is a synthetic fluoropolymer of tetrafluoroethylene. It is the material employed in Teflon tape. PTFE is hydrophobic, non-wetting, high density, and resistant to high temperatures,

D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) is a synthetic fluoropolymer of tetrafluoroethylene. It is the material employed in Teflon tape. PTFE is hydrophobic, non-wetting, high density, and resistant to high temperatures,
Greenberg why does he need to use teflon tape? Would i need to use teflon tape as well if im in the usa?

• Love
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
Greenberg why does he need to use teflon tape? Would i need to use teflon tape as well if im in the usa?
Hi, @imstillhere, I did not say that you require Teflon tape; @witshire did.

From my blog...

"A pressure contact weld is used instead to seal the [CGA580] connector to the valve of a gas cylinder. As an example, the threads of a CGA 580 connection are used to join the two connections. But they do not make the actual seal, the pressure exerted via screw tightening to the nipple does. The application of Teflon tape to the threads can weaken the connection and compromise the seal, increasing the chance of a gas leak or having pieces of Telfon dislodged into the regulator."

Reactions: WearyOfStruggling
D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
Hi, @imstillhere, I did not say that you require Teflon tape; @witshire did.

From my blog...

"A pressure contact weld is used instead to seal the [CGA580] connector to the valve of a gas cylinder. As an example, the threads of a CGA 580 connection are used to join the two connections. But they do not make the actual seal, the pressure exerted via screw tightening to the nipple does. The application of Teflon tape to the threads can weaken the connection and compromise the seal, increasing the chance of a gas leak or having pieces of Telfon dislodged into the regulator."
Do people only in the UK need teflon tape? Like would the ones in the US be tight and not have a risk for Gas leaking?

• Love
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
The UK BS341 #4 connection standard is very similar to the US CGA580 standard. Neither one requires the use of Teflon tape.

Reactions: WearyOfStruggling