T

TengoK

Aug 1, 2018
I've been here - hmm, not sure - a couple of months maybe? I think it's useful in terms of info and a bit of a comfort to know that other people feel this way. Though as a source of info it also has deep flaws - the threads get too disorganised; you might read something useful and then, a couple of days later, read something useful that's completely different. The 'megathread' format is, I'm afraid, even worse for that. Try reading thirteen or fourteen pages of info and not get completely bewildered. I'm not claiming there's necessarily a better way to do it, though at times I wonder if there could be separate boards for different methods: an N board, an SN board, a CO board, a hanging board. That sounds critical of the people hosting this place - it really isn't meant to be, as I think what they're doing is valuable. I also think it's up to us to make our message titles more informative. Posting a new thread called "I can't take this anymore" - well, yeah, nor can any of us, that's why we're here - just becomes so much excessive noise.

Reactions: lv-gras and weedoge
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I've been here - hmm, not sure - a couple of months maybe? I think it's useful in terms of info and a bit of a comfort to know that other people feel this way. Though as a source of info it also has deep flaws - the threads get too disorganised; you might read something useful and then, a couple of days later, read something useful that's completely different. The 'megathread' format is, I'm afraid, even worse for that. Try reading thirteen or fourteen pages of info and not get completely bewildered. I'm not claiming there's necessarily a better way to do it, though at times I wonder if there could be separate boards for different methods: an N board, an SN board, a CO board, a hanging board. That sounds critical of the people hosting this place - it really isn't meant to be, as I think what they're doing is valuable. I also think it's up to us to make our message titles more informative. Posting a new thread called "I can't take this anymore" - well, yeah, nor can any of us, that's why we're here - just becomes so much excessive noise.
I have to agree, the nature of this forum means providing the same info multiple times. The main sticky doesn't include some common methods info and even the "megathreads" have a lot of back and forth discussion that makes it hard to find and remember the most important info. This isn't a dig at the forum or anything, I love having a place to stagnate before I leave aha, just that some people who get tired of reading the same posts over and over should expect it with the nature of this forum and especially the inability to eedit/update resource posts.

Reactions: IronicFail, TengoK and lv-gras
T

TengoK

Aug 1, 2018
I have to agree, the nature of this forum means providing the same info multiple times. The main sticky doesn't include some common methods info and even the "megathreads" have a lot of back and forth discussion that makes it hard to find and remember the most important info. This isn't a dig at the forum or anything, I love having a place to stagnate before I leave aha, just that some people who get tired of reading the same posts over and over should expect it with the nature of this forum and especially the inability to eedit/update resource posts.

Yeah, I expect like a lot of people, I'm not in the clearest of minds at the moment. I just want simple, straightforward advice. I want to research, sure, but my brain really can't cope right now with detailed scientific research about the effects of this, that or the other. I have difficulty reading and concentrating on a simple paragraph right now, let alone anything else.

Reactions: betteroffdead, lv-gras, IronicFail and 1 other person
I

IronicFail

Sep 27, 2018
I'm new, so I'm not tired. There are some structure issues as weedoge said and I think Tengok is right about why that is. I know my first night finding this place I wasn't in a clear mind and couldn't find anything. I literally sat there and read every thread I could on this part of the forum.

It actually calmed me. The choas of the forums actually was comforting as I could empathize with nearly everyone I was reading. It made me focus. Though I did screen the thread that was most important to me (since joining officially a few days later I can't even find that thread).

I think as I get nearer to CTBing that the issues Weedoge pointed out will frustrate me.

Edit: fixing typos

Last edited:
Reactions: lv-gras and weedoge
AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
I think I was here for several months. Had a brief break cause I wasn't sure if I wanted to ctb yet and there was no point in me being here, then after realizing the damage in my adult life after being misdiagnosed with autism was already done and mostly irreversible that even if I kept taking my meds and found a new job to replace my shitty one it honestly wasn't going to get much better, so I basically said fuck it and going to ctb in about a week.

If I fail, chicken out, or have someone call the police on me again I'm basically going to get off the pot like someone said earlier, cause idk if this makes sense but I attempted way too many times that at this point it'd be like "you obviously suck at this, just hope you die from a disease instead like most people".