• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Querlista

Querlista

Jan 12, 2021
I used to love these three songs, listended to them all the time. Last time I attempted in october I just left the psych ward (admitted myself and was there voluntairly so I wasn't locked up... yet lol) and went home to attempt there.
Long story short I avoid these songs now pretty much. I just can't listen to them anymore without thinking of this day and how horrible I felt, how lonely I was.

Soo for the curious (with excellent music taste) here are the songs:

Oh wow they are actually four spoiled songs, not three

How about you? Tell me about how you spoiled (or didn't) your fav songs! And share them is you like!

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Not really, but when I was young and resentful one ex of mine ruined a song I used to love, "Feel" by Robbie Williams :(

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Lol yeah. It was listening to Firkaag combat music from Baldur's Gate 2, during one of my hanging attempts. You know, because the body I inhabit is my dragon to slay, so it's really symbolic. There was also a necromantic dragon in BG1, it could outright kill your companions and raise them as undead zombies. Necromancy symbolizes nature that binds creatures to life to do its bidding.

Reactions: sourpink
sourpink

sourpink

struggling in the direction of better
Aug 27, 2020
oddly enough, every attempt I've made and their respective musical accompaniments as memories serve much more to calm me than to cause me any upset.
my memory is complete garbage though, so I can't remember with any certainty what those songs were. I do know though, based on which 'era' of my existence an attempt was made, what the music likely would've been. I still listen to all of it now. and it actually really does calm me down, probably because the way I look at it, yeah, I tried to die while that song was playing. unfortunately I was unsuccessful every time or was revived. however, the music that always inevitably would fade out as I did, it reminds me of that calm drifting away. the reminder of the fact that I can die, as I've lost count of my attempts, or rather stopped caring to count after ~11, that reminder brings me great comfort.

the only music that's been ruined for me was one very specific band, once very popular in alternative circles, thankfully much less so nowadays. and that music happened to be the soundtrack to one of my most primary traumas - it wasn't an attempt, quite the opposite. I was fighting to survive. and while that particular trauma definitely still contributes to my need to ctb, the background music only causes flashbacks and feelings of entrapment, torture etc.

just wanted to throw my experience in the hat here. I realise a lot of folks probably have some negative attachments to music they used as an attempt soundtrack, but I'm a dark humored eccentric and I guess my perspectives can be unique.

I generally like to keep information like my musical tastes to myself here - they could absolutely be a way for me to be found out here by anyone who might know me irl, music is a major theme in my existence, as someone who has been a frontwoman in an alternative genre band/performed/etc. maybe it's my paranoia, but I do worry divulging some of my favorites could be a dead giveaway lol. it is one thing I'd love to talk about, though. my art is all I can be certain will be my 'legacy' as people often say, and my musical tastes are a large part of that.

• Hugs
Reactions: 262653