Oct 1, 2020
ECT made me into an idiot.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Élégie, demuic and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, sometimes I struggle to think straight and I feel trapped with my own thoughts. I lack the energy to do anything really. My existence is pretty much pointless, living really can be painful.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, DarkDg21, LifeQuitter2018 and 2 others
Seiko

Seiko

"Nothing's gonna hurt you, baby."
Jul 9, 2021
Yes. I can make friends by faking smiles, but I know I'm incompatible without my forced positivity. People are only in love with a certain version of you.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and demuic
AloeGarten

AloeGarten

magicka
May 14, 2021
anxiety has robbed me of all the life oppertunities offered to me and turned me into a panic filled wreck that cant even leave the house. i dont just feel stupid, i dont even feel human anymore. i cant even perform the most simple of tasks that people perform every day as part of their routine, without a second thought. eventually it takes a permanent toll on you, i think

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: patheticpartner, NasiGoreng, Élégie and 3 others
CatTheBus5689

CatTheBus5689

Jun 22, 2021
It just made someone who can't be bothered to do anything even less motivated somehow.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner and MiseryWithoutCompany
Walkingcorpse123

Walkingcorpse123

My only friend, the end
Jul 9, 2021
My mind is constantly bullying itself. No matter what I do...

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and MiseryWithoutCompany
aminend

aminend

Warlock
May 24, 2020
Yes I'm losing my abilities at my work. I'm forgetting even simple thing rhat I learned at university

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: patheticpartner and OnlyTheWind
Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
If anything I've become way to aware of everything in life and can feel too much n so on ,i can tell n feel bout people's feelings as if the feelings where inside of me idk

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
I think I also dropped a few iq points because of it, which just makes me more depressed. To add to this bullshit, I had a few head injuries when I was younger which undoubtedly made things worse. It's like everything I ever wanted has gone wrong. On the dimly lit side, I've become a misanthrope and want to leave this planet anyway.

• Hugs
B

Blackrose23

Jul 10, 2021
Ya People treat me pretty worthless because of my mental disorders. That's why I'm on here.

• Hugs
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
I have made bad decisions due to my mental illness, I get more clumsy every day and my motivations fade.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, MiseryWithoutCompany, LifeQuitter2018 and 1 other person
B

Blackrose23

Jul 10, 2021
I have made bad decisions due to my mental illness, I get more clumsy every day and my motivations fade.
I know how that feels. The stupid ass choices I made with Mental illness basically ruined my life.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, LifeQuitter2018 and Judah
T

TheUnkn0wn

Jul 2, 2021
I wouldn't say my mental health made me "stupid" however I lost a lot of ambitions and worth for myself. I had a great job that I recently lost due to a mental health crisis, as well as lost a lot of close friendships and a great relationship.

I always knew my mental health was drawing a fine line, but never thought it'd consume me on such a negative level.

• Love
O

Omega290

Jun 12, 2021
I've been stupid my entire life. I even look stupid which is why I get treated as such.

• Love
Sockeye Salmon

Sockeye Salmon

Student
Mar 28, 2018
I'm a cornucopia of mental illnesses so I'm basically a worthless, dysfunctional person.

• Hugs
C

Canon1

Student
Dec 2, 2019
My OCD, anxiety and depression has made me like this because I have no confidence in my own judjement. I doubt everything and make stupid decisions which I later regret. This has been a never ending cycle. What about you.?
That's exactly me! So we are 2 at least

• Hugs
ncmxm

ncmxm

Experienced
Jun 9, 2021
I have been always stupid so I don't think it's only caused by mental ilness

Same here

Depression made it even worse though and took what little intelligence I had

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and grungeCat
ikadasui

ikadasui

Arcanist
May 29, 2018
100% I'm nearly braindead. I don't even remember how to use proper grammar anymore and I recall nothing from school except from the bullying. I can't hold any conversations well and I dread any and all social interactions

• Love
medjooled11

medjooled11

Define or be defined.
Aug 13, 2021
I hope not, but it certainly feels like it.

• Hugs
N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
I do not have cognitive issues. I have made tests with very good results especially with the fact I had psychosis. I am glad about it. However as a bipolar person I have extreme problems with my mood.

• Hugs
AnotherTragicName

AnotherTragicName

Sep 10, 2021
Yes I do feel extraordinarily stupid. Used to have an IQ of 125. Now, it's even hard for me to follow conversations, to read, etc. Use it or loose it, seems to be true. Staring into a screen all day, avoiding human interacting does not make you smart.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Beeper, Seaghost, patheticpartner and 1 other person
B

Bookscover

Aug 10, 2021
OCD is closely linked to intelligence so it's most likely that you're not stupid. I used to believe genes were everything but I've come to realise that environment affect us more than we think in more ways than we think. Just know that right now you have the potential to rise up to your real form and become even smarter.

• Hugs
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
My OCD, anxiety and depression has made me like this because I have no confidence in my own judjement. I doubt everything and make stupid decisions which I later regret. This has been a never ending cycle. What about you.?
I've never been stupid, I've been abused and tricked and lied to and fucked with to the point of no return and my mom is now dead, hopefully the rest of the thieves and liars and abusers someday will be too. I couldn't get out of her greedy little games. And that's why I'm so sad and so angry. Three words would've changed anything and she would never love me. She was a sicko. Life goes on. And someday I will sleep and never wake again. Good. So be it.

I've used my words so many times. And nothing ever changed. People just continued being arrogant and fucked up. You know, anything short of being physically violent. Unfortunately that just turns abusers on even more. They think it's entertainment. I think it's fucked up.

• Hugs
C

ChangeWaiter

Oct 23, 2023
I wouldn't say my mental health made me "stupid" however I lost a lot of ambitions and worth for myself. I had a great job that I recently lost due to a mental health crisis, as well as lost a lot of close friendships and a great relationship.

I always knew my mental health was drawing a fine line, but never thought it'd consume me on such a negative level.
That pretty much happened to me just about a year ago
Depression made me super slow in the brain, super hesitant and super unmotivated.

Last edited: