• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wise woman and Celtic sky person
Mar 7, 2020
Hi guys.
I'm on Dusolepin for depression and it seems to be working. It also helps with my anxiety unless a topic that triggers me arises. A few people here know what those topics are.
Any comments, thoughts and questions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks......Poppet!

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1465
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
I haven't taken it, but I assume that you have tried other, safer options that were ineffective? Did you exhaust these safer options first?

In my case, I take meds for bipolar disorder, and I exhausted the safer options prior to trying Zyprexa, which has a bad side effect profile. Zyprexa is the only med that has offered me any relief, and thus, I don't have other options.

I recommend that you familiarize yourself with the potential side effects of Dosulepin, so you can mindfully watch for any potential adverse reactions.

Reactions: BlackPoppet
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Mar 7, 2020
I haven't taken it, but I assume that you have tried other, safer options that were ineffective? Did you exhaust these safer options first?

In my case, I take meds for bipolar disorder, and I exhausted the safer options prior to trying Zyprexa, which has a bad side effect profile. Zyprexa is the only med that has offered me any relief, and thus, I don't have other options.

I recommend that you familiarize yourself with the potential side effects of Dosulepin, so you can mindfully watch for any potential adverse reactions.
Yes I have taken more safer antidepressants but I was pulled off Prozac.. ..even though it worked for me.
The other ones that I was on were supposed to help with sleep. Trazadone and Mirtazipine. They wore of after two or so years of being g on them.
Dusolepin is the only med that has offered any relief and I'm well versed on the side effects. Including the heart problems that may occur. I am also keeping an eye on any thing else that might occur. I'm aware that these antidepressants are first generation....so there will be more side effects that one might not get with The newer gens of antidepressants.
I always read the instructions on the leaflet... Just to keep abreast of things.
I hope your medication helps you. Thank you for commenting and your advice.

BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Mar 7, 2020
Cause my Dr wanted to take me off Prozac because I was also taking zopiclone for sleep and the wanted me off those in favour of Trazadone....which would help me sleep and he!p with my depression.
Trazadone worked for 5 years and t stopped working. Same with the Mirtazioine, which I was put on after The Trazadone. Again after a few years that also stopped working . It was a real shame.
Although I really liked Prozac a lot and felt better within two weeks. It wasn't good enough for my Dr. Who wanted to save the NHS money by giving me a 2 in 1 antidepressant and sleeping pill.
I saw right through this method and my Dr. They must of thought I was stupid. But I see everything.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Not sure I see any contra-indication there. I had Prozac, worked really well, then stopped working. I had Mirtaz but didn't want all the metabolic complications so took myself off it. I was on zoppers for way too long and that stopped working. I'm not on anything like that now, and much happier.

Reactions: BlackPoppet
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Mar 7, 2020
Not sure I see any contra-indication there. I had Prozac, worked really well, then stopped working. I had Mirtaz but didn't want all the metabolic complications so took myself off it. I was on zoppers for way too long and that stopped working. I'm not on anything like that now, and much happier.
sorry that Prozac didn't work for you. Yes Mirt did make me put a bit of weight on. That's one of the side effects.
This Dusolepin that I'm one has actually made me lose weigt. So I'm chuffed with that. I do exercises too to try and lose a bit more weight . Lots of walks and Pilates at home. Yoga too!

Reactions: Regen