• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

heisenberg

heisenberg

pile of skin and bones
May 18, 2020
as the thread title suggest, has anyone ever said something to you that was so odd it snapped you out of what you were feeling?
IMG 6629

this morning i told my boyfriend i was feeling depressed and awful and planned on leaving work early when my boss came in. he said "luckily it's only a couple more hours babe. hope you can survive."

like thanks? me too? anyway i'm no longer currently having suicidal thoughts because that last sentence truly baffled me.

Last edited:
Toobrokentofix

Toobrokentofix

Experienced
Jul 7, 2020
Similar experience in psych hospital following attempt. I was crying my eyes out and pacing the place, when a charge nurse said "just be positive" I looked her in the eye and said "alrighty then" and walked away. She later came to check om me and asked if our chat helped!! Lmao

Bed

Bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
From my father, "maybe you should just kill yourself".
He was mad that I wanted to apply for MAiD due to my chronic pain and treatment resistant MH conditions. It was a hard convo to bring up so I began crying but his initial response was just anger which I can understand due to the nature of the subject but i was not expecting him to just straight up tell me to kill myself instead of just talking about it. he apologized but i think about it from time to time.

sapphoslastpoem

sapphoslastpoem

Jun 23, 2022
From my father, "maybe you should just kill yourself".
He was mad that I wanted to apply for MAiD due to my chronic pain and treatment resistant MH conditions. It was a hard convo to bring up so I began crying but his initial response was just anger which I can understand due to the nature of the subject but i was not expecting him to just straight up tell me to kill myself instead of just talking about it. he apologized but i think about it from time to time.
My father did something similar after I brought up how suicidal people I'd been feeling. Instead of supporting or helping me he screamed at me to just do it already

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Little_Suzy and Bed
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
"You are born into the world, once you enter it you can not leave it. There is no outside."
"Every society creates deviants, but try as they may those deviants are just as part of society as everyone else."

This is such a defeatist attitude, I think it's like learned helplessness. I think that people are able to escape society if they truly want and have the means to.

Last edited:
girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
a doctor (not psych) saw the report from the er after an attempt and they said i should read one good book per week. brb gonna go pick up the Rainbow fish and all will be okay <3

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
"You are born into the world, once you enter it you can not leave it. There is no outside."
"Every society creates deviants, but try as they may those deviants are just as part of society as everyone else."

This is such a defeatist attitude, I think it's like learned helplessness. I think that people are able to escape society if they truly want and have the means to.
I forgot to add "people have dreamed of escape since Thoreau". This makes it seem like no one has been able to successfully escape yet. Even though multiple people have all had the same dream and desire, no one has been able to accomplish this goal.

• Hugs
Reactions: Little_Suzy
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
My father did something similar after I brought up how suicidal people I'd been feeling. Instead of supporting or helping me he screamed at me to just do it already

A comeback of "ok, do it already," has to be the most misunderstood comment. People aren't literally telling or urging you to kill yourself.

In my early twenties, I had my first encounter with someone threatening suicide. They started playing Russian Roulette, and I tried desperately to help them. I didn't call 911 because we were both first responders and didn't want to jeopardize his career.

Instead of accepting medical help or putting down his gun, he shot me. My sympathetic emotions quickly turned to rage as I yelled, "I want to live, and you say you want to die, but you are trying to kill me."

Society views people who refuse medical intervention for suicidal thoughts as impulsive, negligent, and disrespectful of human life.

"Do it already" implies that you can kill yourself without injuring or traumatizing others. People will not phrase it that way because they don't want to become victims of a murder-suicide.