N

N2Narcosis

Jun 5, 2021
So I was looking through therapists and I found that one near me is making people sign a contract that says they will not attempt suicide. I find that kind of funny because they could always lie and just do it. Speaking of which, my nurse practitioner made me say out loud I wouldn't ctb or hurt myself, but I just feel it's unrealistic and I ended up self harming again a couple months later. Besides that, my nurse practitioner has been good.
Had to sign those "safety plans" where you have to list trtriggers, warning signs, distractions, coping strategies, trusted friends, etc. I just bullshitted every time and when I got home I would just throw out my copy of the "safety plan". The whole thing is feel-good bullshit and I never found mine helpful.

• Hugs
Reactions: Squiddy
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Had to sign those "safety plans" where you have to list trtriggers, warning signs, distractions, coping strategies, trusted friends, etc. I just bullshitted every time and when I got home I would just throw out my copy of the "safety plan". The whole thing is feel-good bullshit and I never found mine helpful.
Omg same lol. Though I think I might have one safety plan somewhere in my room. I never really looked at it again though

N

N2Narcosis

Jun 5, 2021
Omg same lol. Though I think I might have one safety plan somewhere in my room. I never really looked at it again though
Mfw someone unironically asks what/where my safety plan is:
We Dont Do That Here Black Panther GIF - WeDontDoThatHere BlackPanther  Tchalla - Discover & Share GIFs

• Yay!
Reactions: Squiddy
E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
This sounds like something a 3rd grade teacher would make you sign. It'd be made of construction paper and have that characteristic teacher dotted lettering, and those gigantic ugly star stickers with the smiley faces lol.

I'd just walk out of the session if a therapist made me do this. It sounds so patronizing. I feel like there would be legal issues in trying to enforce a contract like this after a client has died anyways. Those therapists should just get liability/malpractice insurance like they're supposed to.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
We Dont Do That Here Black Panther GIF - WeDontDoThatHere BlackPanther  Tchalla - Discover & Share GIFs
Same lol. I remember years ago when I had an in home therapist and she asked me where my plan was and I said I lost it so she said we had to make a new one

N

N2Narcosis

Jun 5, 2021

Same lol. I remember years ago when I had an in home therapist and she asked me where my plan was and I said I lost it so she said we had to make a new one
It was the funniest shit too because the social worker or whoever it was was like "ok it says you feel safe in this place" and I'm like who the fuck put that shit in? No bitch I don't feel safe anywhere.

I can't fucking stand these "professionals".