• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Amaree

Amaree

Jun 15, 2021
I'm honestly all over the place and second guessing every detail of this setup but rn i am set on Full Suspention Hanging.

I was thinking of using the Attic above this room to attach the rope to and simply pulling it through the Ceiling and hanging from that.

My worry is that the Attic won't be able to support my weight. I have a setup that would spread the weight across mutiple joists but i'm not sure if thats enough.

If anyone has any enginering or building experience i would really apppreciate the help

Reactions: seekingrelease22
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm not an architect but honestly you're worried the beams used to construct the attic are not strong enough to hold 3-4 times your body weight?

What I also do not understand is - do you drill holes through your ceiling into the attic to attach the rope to the beams there and the noose is in your room then?

Amaree

Amaree

Jun 15, 2021
I'm not an architect but honestly you're worried the beams used to construct the attic are not strong enough to hold 3-4 times your body weight?

What I also do not understand is - do you drill holes through your ceiling into the attic to attach the rope to the beams there and the noose is in your room then?
Yes , My plan was to go into the attic and attach a large piece of wood across mutliple floor beams and then attach the rope to that and make a small hole in the ceiling of my room and slip the rope through

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Yes , My plan was to go into the attic and attach a large piece of wood across mutliple floor beams and then attach the rope to that and make a small hole in the ceiling of my room and slip the rope through
Idk about your attic but the attics I know about have already strong beams where you could attach a rope to there wouldn't be any need to use another piece of wood in between those beams?!

You could make photos and maybe a simple drawing of your setup / plan so people with more knowledge about hanging setup can reply.

Amaree

Amaree

Jun 15, 2021
Idk about your attic but the attics I know about have already strong beams where you could attach a rope to there wouldn't be any need to use another piece of wood in between those beams?!

You could make photos and maybe a simple drawing of your setup / plan so people with more knowledge about hanging setup can reply.
i'll try and put together an illustration of the setup. Initially i assumed it would be able to handle my weight but after reading online i saw alot of info that said most attic floors arent made to support weight how regular room floors are.

So i'm really concerned about the whole ceiling collapsing on me

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Amaree

Amaree

Jun 15, 2021
i'm unable to get into the attic right now to take exact measurements but it looks something like this IMG 20240307 052323
My plan was to lay a piece of Strong wood Perpendicular to these wood joints. Then Attach the rope to the new plank and make a hole in the floor (The plaster Celing to the room below) and slip the rope through.

i can provide better measurements of the joints later if that helps.

Amaree

Amaree

Jun 15, 2021
We'll agree to disagree unless you can explain why given that the way ropes generally tend to be tested by the manufacturer (especially dock and climbing ropes) is to do with both tortion and sway movement 🤨🙄. The exceptions possibly being cheap shitty twisted ropes which I think even you have the sense to advise against.

They should comfortably hold providing the planks doesn't fall away and pull through the plasterboard. You can test this easily enough by sitting on the plank. Polyesyer Double braided mooring rope can be purchased from many places online (like eBay) and comes with a loop/splice woven into the end so you wouldn't need to do an anchor point knot as you can just put the loop over the plank and thread the other end through.
I would probably screw the plank into the joists to stop it from slipping But my concern is that when i go to test it or during the actual attempt the weight will pull the ceiling in. Theres alot of conflicting info online about the strength of attic joists which has left me confused