• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

roping

roping

Oct 20, 2021
easy method, easily accessible, in theory all youd need is a syringe and a needle.

what you're trying to do is inject a lethal amount of air into a vein or artery. yes air, its called an air embolism and according to my very brief research, can be fatal. also according to my very brief research, there have been suicide attempts with this method, apparently its very rare.

i'm not sure how much of this you've heard, but i've never considered it up until yesterday when the idea just clicked in my head, i realyl need to do more research to see if this is a viable method, haven't seen anyone speak about it here either.

i'd like your guys' thoughts on this so far, share any info you may have, i'll continue to explore how it works, why, how successful or viable it is etc...

i'll try to update you guys and report my findings, maybe on a different thread.

please please please share your thoughts, any and all insight is valuable :D

Reactions: SorrowMind, Huntfish34 and Akoya
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Yeah, it's an issue amongst heroin users, (won't tell you how I know that) and its the reason you always see people bold it vertically and flick the tip of the needle before injecting. They will push the air out first. Similarly if you get a small bit of grime or fibre in there you have a bad hit and feel horrendous for a period of time.

Unfortunately, whilst and embolism is deadly I don't think it's a very nice way to go. It would be painful. Fair play for the post though. I've not seen anyone speak of it here before so well done there lol.

Reactions: touhoufan
S

shortstay

Dec 30, 2022
I been shooting intravenous drugs for going on 4 years now there have been many occasions that small air bubbles have been injected and in still here not saying that a full syringe of air wouldn't do it just that small amounts won't.

stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
This is an extremely painful and agonizing way to die unfortunately. :(

Reactions: Smart No More
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Agree with the posts above. It could work (according to a 2017 study, it has a 21% mortality rate) but it would be agonizing and for a long time. The same study said 69% of the deaths occurred within 48 hours but weren't more specific. Those were mostly in a hospital setting, though.

• Wow
Reactions: Forever Sleep
L

lost&lonely

Jan 6, 2023
This an exit strategy that I have also thought about, but I wondered how painful it would be.

W

wantittoendsoon

Experienced
Dec 11, 2022
This can Cause a heart attack, Stroke, or Coma. very painful in most cases. 500ml injected at 100ml/min is considered lethal.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Always thought this would be extremely painful. Wouldn't it be like 'the bends' in diving? That's supposed to be very painful.

sheepgirl

sheepgirl

-
Aug 11, 2018
Someone from
The psych ward did this, she survived

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
That method is not reliable, painless or simple. Sounds like trolling to me.

Reactions: scuicideuser2023
D

Disaster

Experienced
Jan 24, 2023
It's not a reasonable method. The fact that something can be lethal sometimes to tome people doesn't make it a reliable CTB method.

Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
It can be painless. If you can inject enough air to collapse the right ventricle. If the right ventricle collapses, that means sudden cardiac arrest, so peaceful. But even pushing that much air through a large vein in the arm isn't easy. Patients who beat the cancer died this way while the central venous port was removed. It was instant and painless. The air in the chest cavity went to the central vein. With a syringe and a large vein in the arm, you'll most likely have an an organ infarction.

LiesAndLigatures

LiesAndLigatures

Please kill me. Please? PLEASE!
Nov 8, 2020
You can never fully predict where the embolism would end up. There was a user in chat over a year ago that gave himself an air embolism, and he ended up surviving a stroke with some pretty painful damage. Heart attacks can also be quite painful. The risk of failure or prolonged suffering with this method is too high.

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
500ml injected at 100ml/min is considered lethal.
That's an enormous amount of air. For my fellow metric-impaired Americans: imagine a 2 liter of soda. Imagine pouring a quarter of it out. All that air at the top of the bottle has to go into your bloodstream within a 5 minute window. I'm skeptical that this is even possible as a DIY method. I mean, people here have said that it's been attempted, and I won't call them liars. But damn. That is not a practical way to go.

Thanks for being on the lookout for pain-free and accessible methods, OP, but I think this one has to go in the "nope" folder.