Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
Not to look a gift horse in the mouth or to come across as otherwise high maintenance, but given the plethora of game threads, does anyone else see the value of putting these into a new thread container to hold nothing but games? It seems this would add value to SS.

BTW, since signing up and seeing all the features here vs lurking I'm really impressed how the site is set up and run. Kudos!

PS. If you don't know the phrase look a gift horse in the mouth, then ask your grandpa.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Fragile and nitroautnz
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I have no input into the games threads but I recognise that there are a significant proportion of members that do. I think a separate sub for game threads would be valuable.

Reactions: peacefully31425 and Fragile
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
I have no input into the games threads but I recognise that there are a significant proportion of members that do. I think a separate sub for game threads would be valuable.

Keep it for sure! Many clearly dig it!

Just extract the other threads and put those elsewhere or extract games and put those threads elsewhere. Six of one, half dozen of another.

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
the thing with the game threads are they are a bit of fun.

some off the stuff is totally stupid, but i think thats part of the fun for some people. It might bring just that little relief to some, or a smile to their face.

I'm 40 years old and i openly admit i write totally stupid stuff, i can be guilty of being childish aswell. but i like doing it because i think it might be bringing a little smile, to some people that might be feeling a bit low. I like being stupid and not so grown up, but their's a time and a place and the game threads are this(i think people in them would agree)

I can totally also understand people reading it and being like WTF!!!!

Reactions: Chupacabra 44 and BitterlyAlive
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I love the games and I actually agree with this idea because it would totally make it easier to find them! Sometimes I lose track of the ones that haven't had posts in a while and I'm too lazy to use the search bar so putting them all together would certainly help.

Reactions: Chupacabra 44, BitterlyAlive, Fragile and 1 other person
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I love the games and I actually agree with this idea because it would totally make it easier to find them! Sometimes I lose track of the ones that haven't had posts in a while and I'm too lazy to use the search bar so putting them all together would certainly help.

yeah it would be easier to find them, i think most cant be arsed searching. you just got to wait till someone randomly posts again in one so its near the top of the list lol

Reactions: Chupacabra 44, BitterlyAlive and Dr Iron Arc
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
As someone who doesn't participate in them, I agree 100%, game threads tend to drown other topics.

Plus, the people who enjoy them will have an easier time finding and creating new threads.

• Love
Reactions: Chupacabra 44, GoodPersonEffed and BitterlyAlive
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Nah, you don't sound high maintenance. It would be easier to have a separate games section. Less clutter and distractibility

• Love
Reactions: Fragile, Chupacabra 44 and checkouttime
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
the thing with the game threads are they are a bit of fun.

some off the stuff is totally stupid, but i think thats part of the fun for some people. It might bring just that little relief to some, or a smile to their face.

I'm 40 years old and i openly admit i write totally stupid stuff, i can be guilty of being childish aswell. but i like doing it because i think it might be bringing a little smile, to some people that might be feeling a bit low. I like being stupid and not so grown up, but their's a time and a place and the game threads are this(i think people in them would agree)

I can totally also understand people reading it and being like WTF!!!!
[/QUOTE

Makes sense to me to separate them. It doesn't matter which one moves to a different section but I think it should be isolated because I have seen over the last couple of months the amount of games just keeps growing and growing, and frankly I think that's great cuz it's very therapeutic. I know for a lot of people play those games, but people playing games don't want to sift through a bunch of threads about other stuff and people looking for other stuff don't want to sift through a bunch of threads about games that's my opinion at least.

And honestly for me to put forth some effort to compose what I think might be important information for members on this thread to have you know 15-20 games pop up every couple of minutes and have my thread be buried on page five or three or whatever I'm not sure it kind of makes me feel like I wasted my time trying to put some stuff out there for people to see, because I know a lot of times I don't bother to scroll past the first page. I imagine I'm not alone with my approach.