Chiisai

Chiisai

To infinity and beyond!
Sep 1, 2021
I have been trying things I missed in my younger years and one of them is gaming. I played the classic Halo and Dragons Dogma and upon hearing the main theme of the former and the duskmoon tower gregorian chant of the latter, I somehow find it comforting and I have been listening to these kinds of songs lately. There's a strange feeling listening to these songs especially when it comes to male monks singing in a bass-y/baritone voice. It feels oddly familiar, peaceful, and nostalgic like there's heaven and its welcoming me. This got me off the rut of fearing SI and now I want to listen to this in my CTB. Ah, the power of music.

• Hugs
Reactions: OnlyTheWind and BitterlyAlive_
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Extra bassy

Attachments

• 1305716742.mp3
    5.4 MB
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, BottomlessPit and Chiisai
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Ooooh thanks! Love this! <3 what song is this? feels like what would be a good intro/fill to a war metal song. :)
It's called We Bow Before Thy Cross. You can search for "russian oktavist" for more like this. The oktavists are a small number of singers with the deepest possible voices.

• Love
Reactions: Chiisai
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
Extra bassy
This is not Gregorian chant; it sounds like Russian orthodox chant, which is famous for it's frequent use of the basso profondo:

This is Gregorian chant, which is monophonic and unaccompanied:

Later on, a second voice was sometimes added:

• Love
Reactions: Makko, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Chiisai
Chiisai

Chiisai

To infinity and beyond!
Sep 1, 2021
It's called We Bow Before Thy Cross. You can search for "russian oktavist" for more like this. The oktavists are a small number of singers with the deepest possible voices.
Wow! Thanks for the tip Makko! <3
This is not Gregorian chant; it sounds like Russian orthodox chant, which is famous for it's frequent use of the basso profondo:

This is Gregorian chant, which is monophonic and unaccompanied:

Later on, a second voice was sometimes added:

Oh so these are very specific. Thanks for the informative reply and suggestions! Still the Russian Orthodox theme still fits. I like it. More options, more fun! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Makko, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Chiisai
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I really like the menu screen music from Medieval 2: Total War. I don't know if it counts as Gregorian chants though.

• Love
Reactions: Makko and Chiisai
Chiisai

Chiisai

To infinity and beyond!
Sep 1, 2021
I really like the menu screen music from Medieval 2: Total War. I don't know if it counts as Gregorian chants though.

Love it! Hmmm sounds like it but it was just clipped and inserted to fit the instruments. Just like dragons dogma's dusktower theme, the chant was gregorian but was on loop and fitted to instrumentals.

• Hugs
Reactions: OrcWitch