Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
It has been two weeks since I deleted my facebook, instagram, snapchat and I have never felt better. No more comparing myself to others and ruining my whole day just because somebody looks good and happy. What an awful side effect of technology I must say.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: DontGiveAshiit, Auto Immunity After, GentleJerk and 12 others
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
I left social media in 2015 and since then I felt much better. It's full of fake narcissistic people with God complex and diarrhea memes and content. I actually first did an experiment to see how many people from my "precious" friend list on Facebook would reach to me if I just suddenly disappeared. Of course no one reached. And then I told to myself "Fuck it" and deleted everything.

Reactions: GentleJerk, Passersby, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Social media does not reflect reality, it is what other people want people to see rather than reflecting the truth about their lives. Social media is incredibly shallow and it can lead to people having unrealistic expectations. I certainly see it as better to stay away from it.

Reactions: GentleJerk, WearyHSP, demuic and 1 other person
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
If only more people heard this message. Social media is the worst thing for human psychology since organised religion.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: GentleJerk, Insomniac, demuic and 1 other person
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
You'd be surprised how many of those ppl who are supposedly winning in life are miserable. I can't imagine having to project a perfect lifestyle 24/7 just for some clout. I mean I just don't see the point in showing off to complete strangers who don't really care about you. I guess it can be an ego boost but in the end it all seems so pointless. Basically just a dick measuring contest life has become.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: GentleJerk, Snake of Eden and demuic
WearyHSP

WearyHSP

Student
Dec 12, 2021
Good decision Zeroornothing!

I removed my birthdate from FB years ago because once a year I'd get a bunch of insincere birthday wishes and otherwise nothing. When I posted information on my illness, with hope of educating people, There were no responses but got some responses when I posted some paintings (I guess, not a bummer to people versus the illness.)

Look at Gabby Petito, granted she was trying to make a living off of social media, but she was in so much denial it killed her. (not meaning to be glib here, it was a tragedy.) You get what I'm trying to say, it was all phony baloney - pretending to be happy when she was in a terrible dysfunctional relationship. She serves as a model for many who are addicted to the social media sham-game.

• Hugs
Reactions: GentleJerk and Snake of Eden
maakies

maakies

DOOK
Dec 7, 2021
Man! I wish I could delete my social media. I work in media and freelance and it seems like it's one of the only ways to get jobs. It's a total drag.

• Hugs
Reactions: WearyHSP, GentleJerk and Snake of Eden