D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
If you didn't, watch "the bridge" , a great documentary about jumpers on the golden gate, i think you can still find it for free on facebook in spanish with english subtitles.

The photo on my profile is Gene , a guy who jumped at the end.

I wish the golden gate was in my backyard , i would have visit it a lot and maybe jumped.
Why is that so ? Is it painless.. jumping from there...or can you override SI ?

Life Is My Coffin

Life Is My Coffin

One final action ⚰️⚰️⚰️
Oct 13, 2023
It's actually so cliché for people to end their lives on that bridge there's even a Wikipedia article for it 🌉

Reactions: DT2007
Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
It's actually so cliché for people to end their lives on that bridge there's even a Wikipedia article for it 🌉
I get the feeling that very few suicidal people are actually worried about whether or not their death will be considered cliché. It's not like they're going to be getting a slap on the back for killing themselves creatively with some novel, trendy method that all the kids are raving about.

Reactions: TapeMachine, LastFlowers, Rogue Proxy and 3 others
lexicidal

lexicidal

Oct 3, 2023
do you know if you can still jump or have they finished installing nets?

Reactions: overthestorm
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
Please tag me if you answer this ^

Reactions: overthestorm
O

overthestorm

Oct 4, 2023
do you know if you can still jump or have they finished installing nets?
@ipmanwc0 you still can. I live there. Everyone keeps saying the nets are up but they're not lol. A tiny fraction of it is up. What is up are the metal bars that will hold the entire net. People are still jumping. One recent college grad kid jumped like two months ago.

Reactions: bridgeluvr626
bridgeluvr626

bridgeluvr626

Oct 17, 2023
I live relatively close and saw 2 weeks ago that the suicide barrier is almost complete, but not quite, there's still slim sections towards the middle where you can fall down. Those may be closed up by the end of 2023 though.
Does anyone have any reliable statistics on the "death on impact" vs "drowning in agony and potentially getting eaten by sharks" based on autopsy data or anything? Ngl I'd been pretty set on this method for a minute but hadn't considered the latter since recently and it's making me second guess a bit.

R

roguetrader

Experienced
Feb 17, 2021
I used to live in San Francisco. If I recall, one can always jump from the Bay Bridge instead. Sure it's nor red and pretty, but it'll work just as well

• Informative
Reactions: LastFlowers and overthestorm
O

overthestorm

Oct 4, 2023
I live relatively close and saw 2 weeks ago that the suicide barrier is almost complete, but not quite, there's still slim sections towards the middle where you can fall down. Those may be closed up by the end of 2023 though.
Does anyone have any reliable statistics on the "death on impact" vs "drowning in agony and potentially getting eaten by sharks" based on autopsy data or anything? Ngl I'd been pretty set on this method for a minute but hadn't considered the latter since recently and it's making me second guess a bit.
I don't how reliable this source is but: http://www.bridgerail.net/golden-gate-bridge-suicides/demographics

O

overthestorm

Oct 4, 2023
Hmmm, only 5% of those who pass away from jumping don't die on impact. That's a lot more hopeful than I thought I guess, for a relatively quick and "painless" death.
I guess it depends on how you land too

Reactions: LastFlowers and bridgeluvr626
bridgeluvr626

bridgeluvr626

Oct 17, 2023
I used to live in San Francisco. If I recall, one can always jump from the Bay Bridge instead. Sure it's nor red and pretty, but it'll work just as well
Unfortunately seems like Bay Bridge might have lower chance if reliably CTBing, GG is around 220 ft and Bay is closer to 190. Ideal confirmed death from water landing is ~240 I think. Gap is closing up on the finishing of the barrier soon tho which is why I'm scramblin

Reactions: LastFlowers and overthestorm
bridgeluvr626

bridgeluvr626

Oct 17, 2023
would another local be able to take pictures of the bridge for me by any chance to show me where the remaining gaps in the railing are? All my friends and family have me on Find My Friends and would prob get hella suspicious if I went there. Idk if this is allowed but I would be willing to venmo lol...getting desperate, planning to CTB soon

bridgeluvr626

bridgeluvr626

Oct 17, 2023
Lol so I got some binoculars and took a vid of the bridge, it's uploaded on my most recent post.
Unless my eyes deceieve me unfortunately it looks like it's completely sealed up now 🫠

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I get the feeling that very few suicidal people are actually worried about whether or not their death will be considered cliché. It's not like they're going to be getting a slap on the back for killing themselves creatively with some novel, trendy method that all the kids are raving about.
Yea I wish mine was more so, honestly. I'm worried about a particular method (commonly spoken about here) leading people back to this site or causing police to go an extra mile.

Jumping, hanging..that sort of thing doesn't usually raise further alarm after the fact, nor does it leave a narrow trail, because those are just the bread and butter of suicide methods that have a wide reach.
Nets.

Stupid phone
I was picturing a crowd of strangers making bets on whether a person would end up jumping or not.
Severe depression, ocd, anxiety etc.. I've tried every treatment and therapy you can think of aside from brain surgery. I'm done living in 24/7 terror and sorrow for no reason :(

I've seen it a number of times and have read Gene's blog entries too

They haven't. I live in the city. All they've installed is the long steel bars to hold the nets. People are still jumping
Maybe it's a deterrent..if enough people think there's nets, they won't even bother making the trip.

Last edited: