Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
It's from his latest, At the Dolby. Yeah Jehovah, that must've been wild. "I've seen some shit". I came up Methodist, much more vanilla. Had doubts from a young age, and the rents to their credit didn't really try to force it on me once I left the house. Which rebukes the idea every Christian household is a fanatical coven that will wholesale disown you if you so much as question shit, though that clearly exists

My sister is still a Jehovah's Witness though we're very close; I was never baptized so I'm not viewed harshly as opposed to those who were baptized and either "resigned" or were disfellowshipped. The Jehovah's Witness loophole if you will. She's been shunned before - I believe it was for a year, because she was pregnant before marriage. As Dwight Schrute accurately describes it, shunning is like being slapped with silence.

I did make the mistake of calling someone a douche in front of my sister and my two young nieces 😬 It was a total mistake, and I felt so bad but I also could not stop laughing. My youngest niece was sitting on the sofa with me when I said it and then she wanted to say it - I was crying laughing, she was pleading with my sister - "my lips want to say it so bad!" 😆

My mother was baptized, but she wrote a letter of resignation after she and our father got divorced. Divorce was viewed as a no-go back then, more than it is now. I'm glad your parents weren't radical Methodists and didn't force it on you.

Fr they focused on the wrong kinda rods that man was throwing out. (In all serious Zeus is a disgusting POS)

Plz don't knock on my door I'm anti social and don't want to talk >:(.

Also, I'm sorry for whatever trauma a religious family pushed into you. Idk if ur still a practicing Jehovah's Witness, but regardless I want to say that parents really should do everything in their power to not force religion on their kids, especially one with tales of Armageddon.

I used to have to go "out in service" as it's called, with my mother - it was sketchy AF. Looking back, I almost feel like I was brought along as a child shield. Sometimes a door would open and a person would be really angry, but they'd see I was there (kindergarten age through grade 3) and just shut the door.

Ah, memories.

Knock knock….

(No longer a Jehovah's Witness; I was never baptized anyhow)

I appreciate your words regarding, recognizing the trauma of it - it was mostly isolation from "wordly people" as anyone who isn't a Witness is called. Armageddon threats had me messed up for a while. Self-hatred as I felt I could never be good enough and wouldn't be saved in Armageddon, etc. At hockey games, we never stood for the national anthem and people around us would get very angry. National anthem/saluting the flag are against Witness beliefs.

Last edited:
SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
According to most Christians, of course God will send you to hell for committing suicide.

But not just that, you aren't saved if you're depressed according to them. Now submitting to God out of fear is a no no to, to save your ass. Because you need to "love" God with all your heart.

And God wants a "loving" relationship. You go to hell too if you worship God out of fear basically.

But if you try to love God, and try to be happy big fail, you aren't saved either they say.

You need to be cheery, happy, grateful, obidient, never angry, etc.

That's a sign of bering saved they say. Now they say Christians aren't perfect, but at the same time they say forgiveness isn't a license to sin, and "true" Christians behave a certain way.

Salvation has no conditions, but at the same time it does have many many conditions.

Also if you have any sexual desires outside of marriage you aren't saved either basically. Oh and in marriage only missionary sex is acceptable of course.

Also many protestant Christians atleast online said to me if I just turn to God, submit to him fully, everything will become fine in my life. And I will be "cured".

Seems to me you can never win with their version of God right? So many conditions.

But somehow they themselves present themselves as holy little angels.

And I'm the horrible wicked sinner.
I hate this so much. What happens if you weren't brought up that way because your parents didn't do anything with the Bible or the church.

My mom was mentally disturbed and hung out in her bathroom all day if she wasn't at work. I know you could choose to do it when you're older, but when you're surrounded by crappy humans who don't participate in religion and your life already sucks then you don't fully give yourself to it. You struggle, but you try and believe in something bigger than yourself. You've never been properly taught love or anything that goes along with your relationship with god.

Going to church already makes you suspicious of other people and increases your anxiety because of how you were raised by a parent who was severely anti social.

I know these all sound like excuses, but I'm tired of hearing that. We are taught by the external influences in our life. I wasn't born to pick up a Bible and say "Hallelujah!" I was born and then dragged through the mud my entire life.

John Ryder

John Ryder

"You're a smart kid...you'll figure it out."
Jul 7, 2023
My sister is still a Jehovah's Witness though we're very close; I was never baptized so I'm not viewed harshly as opposed to those who were baptized and either "resigned" or were disfellowshipped. The Jehovah's Witness loophole if you will. She's been shunned before - I believe it was for a year, because she was pregnant before marriage. As Dwight Schrute accurately describes it, shunning is like being slapped with silence.

I did make the mistake of calling someone a douche in front of my sister and my two young nieces 😬 It was a total mistake, and I felt so bad but I also could not stop laughing. My youngest niece was sitting on the sofa with me when I said it and then she wanted to say it - I was crying laughing, she was pleading with my sister - "my lips want to say it so bad!" 😆

My mother was baptized, but she wrote a letter of resignation after she and our father got divorced. Divorce was viewed as a no-go back then, more than it is now. I'm glad your parents weren't radical Methodists and didn't force it on you.

I used to have to go "out in service" as it's called, with my mother - it was sketchy AF. Looking back, I almost feel like I was brought along as a child shield. Sometimes a door would open and a person would be really angry, but they'd see I was there (kindergarten age through grade 3) and just shut the door.

Ah, memories.

Knock knock….

(No longer a Jehovah's Witness; I was never baptized anyhow)

I appreciate your words regarding, recognizing the trauma of it - it was mostly isolation from "wordly people" as anyone who isn't a Witness is called. Armageddon threats had me messed up for a while. Self-hatred as I felt I could never be good enough and wouldn't be saved in Armageddon, etc. At hockey games, we never stood for the national anthem and people around us would get very angry. National anthem/saluting the flag are against Witness beliefs.
There's probably a book or movie in your experience. Bring us the memoirs, Kerrtu. I've always been fascinated by hyper insular communities like that. Jehovah, Amish, Mennonites, prominent cults, Kpop stans etc.

Reactions: Kerrtu
Touhou

Touhou

2hu
Mar 9, 2023
God cannot contradict reason because he IS REASON. He did not create reason, so he can't change it. All-powerful does not mean he can do literally anything you want. God cannot create a married bachelor, because it is a contradiction in terms. He cannot create liquid solids for the same reason.

He is all powerful because he is the creator of the universe and rules over everything inside of it. He has complete control and is able to perform miracles that go against the laws of physics. He cannot perform miracles that go against the laws of mathematics and logic because he did not create those. I feel like this is a simple concept.

He created a world with suffering so we could experience real Joy. If you are anti-joy, then you should retrace your steps to find out where your philosophy went so sideways. Most people, happy or not, would prefer joy over mind-numbing heroin addiction.
How come this guy's banned? Did he CTB?

John Ryder

John Ryder

"You're a smart kid...you'll figure it out."
Jul 7, 2023
How come this guy's banned? Did he CTB?
Nah I remember seeing him get crossed in real time. Either got banned during the debate or decided ss isn't his bag and bounced

Already Gone6

Already Gone6

Jul 31, 2023
Nothing says love to me like threatening burning in hell for all of eternity.

• Hmph!
Reactions: CW36 and Touhou
dialogos

dialogos

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
Just finish the short videos. Suicide is a sin but God's love for you doesn't change

Last edited: