• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

P

Peachycherry

Oct 3, 2020
Wanted to share a bit of information, and get you guys' opinion on it.
Before I got on SS, insulin overdose was my preferred ctb method, since I'm diabetic and I thought it was a pretty ironic way to go. However, I quickly found out that it was a highly unreliable method. From the threads I read, survivors of insulin ODs often said that something in their body was preventing their blood sugar from going lethally low. I'm here to put a name on that: glucagon! The pancreas normally produces 2 hormones: insulin, which lowers blood sugar by allowing glucose to enter cells, and glucagon, which elevates it by ordering the liver to release its storage of glucose. Glucagon is automatically released when blood sugar levels are too low. With that being said, there's some limits to the effect of glucagon: 1. The liver needs some time to build up its reserves of glucose, so if someone was fasting/avoiding eating glucose, the liver would have less glucose available to release when glucagon takes effect 2. Alcohol stops glucagon from working properly, because the liver considers alcohol as toxic and thus focuses on metabolizing it first before glucagon (that is why diabetics sometimes experience low bloodsugar when drinking alcohol, especially on an empty stomach).
So my point is; could an insulin OD be successful if we take that into consideration?
For example:
1. Fast/avoid eating carbs a while before the attempt
2. Drink a considerable amount of alcohol before the attempt ( the alcohol has to be carb free )
3. Glucagon is also available as an emergency medicine for seriously low blood sugar events. If you were to inject glucagon, it would empty the liver of its stocked glucose, and with the fasting, the liver wouldn't be able to restock glucose. Thus nothing would stop blood sugar from going low in a insulin OD.
4. Use very fast acting insulin (humalog, novorapid, apidra, etc). Most rapid acting insulins' peak action is 1-2 hours after injection, meaning low blood sugar would be achieved by that time.
5. Additionally, intermediate or slow acting insulin could be used with the fast acting and would increase sensitivity to insulin
6. Insulin is normally injected subcutaneously, but if one were to inject it intravenously (IV), its effect would be much faster
7. The only problem left is SI. Though with the alcohol, and maybe with additional meds like allergy medications ( which have confusion/drowsiness as side effects) it would be easier to ignore. Plus, sleepiness is sometimes experienced in hypoglycemia, so if you were to go to sleep, you could be able to just pass away in your dreams... (provided hypoglycemia symptoms and SI doesn't wake you up)
So with all that being said, do you think that an insulin OD could be successful if you take into consideration all of the above? I'm not saying I'll be trying this ctb method, I just want to get honest opinions on it.
P.S. : I do realize that an unsuccessful insulin OD could result in permanent brain damage.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pen>Sword and Hopeindeath!
G

Givingupandgivingin

Oct 18, 2020
It's my method too.
My understanding was that as diabetics our glucogen function is also impaired - else we wouldn't go low? I've had occasional very low sugars and I think if I hadn't intervened I'd have been unconscious.
I am really sensitive to insulin. 0.3u will cover 10g carbs. I only take 16u a day despite being t1 since I was 11, over 25 years ago.
I am planning on sleeping tablets. Night time outside so it is cold. And a massive amount of insulin. I feel as though 500u plus would be unsurvivable. I may fast for several days first. too. If I'm already running low with nothing to raise my sugar in my system it'll be more likely to work.
But the other thing for me is not being found. If I am not found until morning then it's much more likely I will be successful.