C

chester

Experienced
Aug 1, 2024
I'm not sure whether this topic belongs to recovery, because I'm far from recovering. But I thought someone who'd like to recover might find it useful, assuming someone can help me with this.

I've got 500g (around 1lb) of SN. Don't ask me why so much, let's say I didn't have much choice in the matter, there was an opportunity, I seized it. Now I need to get rid of it. I've had it for a few months already, I know that if I were to use it, I wouldn't be posting now. My SI is too strong, as much as I hate being alive, I need to accept it.

Taking it to some chemical waste disposal facility is out of the question. I don't want to talk to anyone about it. I think it's understandable.

I could just throw it in the trash, but I've heard this might result in someone getting poisoned or hurt in some other way in the process. Even if they're unable to trace it back to me, I still wouldn't like to be responsible. I also know that it can cause some chemical reactions in the sewer. So, I came up with this:

Option 1: I live near a source of a little river, maybe more like a stream. I could just pour it there. I know it can cause harm to animals, but hopefully the constant flow of water will dilute it? I wouldn't like to read in the news about a biological disaster.

Option 2: There's a big river in my city, but it's hard to find any place where nobody would notice me. I imagine though that at this scale the environmental impact would be negligible. At least I hope so, but there's a high chance of being spotted, so I don't really want to try it unless I have to.

Option 3: I mentioned I've heard of a sewer related hazard, but if I dilute it enough, maybe it might not be that bad? The plan is:
1. Take a 1 gallon empty windshield washer fluid bottle
2. Pour all the SN in
3. Fill the bottle with water and shake
4. Pour a little into the toilet and flush
5. Repeat points 3 and 4 at least 10 times, each time pouring a bit more into the toilet before refilling the bottle with water.
6. During the last time the SN should be diluted enough to pour everything into the toilet.
7. Wait at least 12 hours between the flushes to avoid causing problems someone might notice. I don't even know if it makes sense, I just imagine this might increase the safety of the operation somehow, but I have to data to back it. It's a shot in the dark.

Any thoughts anyone? I've read so much about SN that I'm genuinely scared of the potential damage and harm I might cause. I wouldn't like to cause any. I'll gladly accept any other solution as long as it won't require human contact of any kind, personal or remote

Before anyone asks, no, I'm not going to send it to you, sorry.

• Hugs
Reactions: biosphere
H

Hvergelmir

Student
May 5, 2024
Taking it to some chemical waste disposal facility is out of the question. I don't want to talk to anyone about it. I think it's understandable.
If you want to dispose of it correctly, I think this is what you should do.
Just claim that you found this "container with some chemical", followed by a visual description of it, and ask what you should do with it.

Reactions: biosphere
LifeQuitter

LifeQuitter

Experienced
Jul 11, 2024
The river sounds like the best option.

AuroraB

AuroraB

Oct 20, 2024
take it to a hazmat collection site. say you found it while you were riding your bike or hiking on some random path and you don't know what it is. or gift it to someone here.