• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

kindawannacrylol

kindawannacrylol

Student
Jan 13, 2021
I think I've decided i want to get help. I've never been to a doctor about my problems before so this is something that's very new to me. I do believe i have bipolar disorder II but I've heard it takes ages to diagnose and British GPs are only trained to notice depression and anxiety. I have a feeling they're going to wrongfully diagnose me with depression. What can I do to make sure they think more about other options in particular bipolar disorder?

Reactions: Lostandlooking
throwaway2goawy

throwaway2goawy

Mar 7, 2021
I contacted my doctor a few weeks ago knowing I had anxiety and depression and needed antidepressant. Spoke to them and they first mentioned counselling. I said I was more looking to go on the meds explaining I'd seen a celeb with similar who found they helped him, and the doctor was fine to do them instead.

I'd have the discussion with the doctor and be upfront about what you reckon you have and what you think you need. Mine was done over the phone too so feel free to have notes to hand if yours is too.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Explain to them that you have extremely weird and short-term UPS AND DOWNS.
Tell them you feel like there are two people inside of you: the happy person and the sad person.

I'm bipolar and that's why my psych is giving me bipolar disorder meds and they work!
I highly recommend you quetiapine, lamotrigine and risperidone.

Wish you the best of luck!

Trisolaris

Trisolaris

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
I think that if your gp won't diagnose you correctly then you should be referred to a psychiatrist.

Reactions: kindawannacrylol