• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Trillbilly

Trillbilly

Apr 19, 2024
So I've been trying to figure out what's wrong with me for years. I used to think I just had depression/anxiety but as I've done more research, I'm almost positive I have borderline personality disorder to a degree. I haven't talked to a psychiatrist yet but I was wondering if yall had any suggestions for medication that may help and ease some symptoms? I've been taking kratom recently and that helps but shit is so expensive lol

Thanks
-Trill

• Hugs
Reactions: soulkitty
soulkitty

soulkitty

Just a shell of who I once was.
Apr 6, 2024
I'm sure there's a lot of other people on here who can answer your question way better than me, since I haven't been diagnosed yet, but I'm almost positive I have BPD because I align with the symptoms and criteria really closely. But I don't want to self diagnose so take it with a grain of salt ;^^ But my psychiatrist suspects I have BPD as well and put me on a mood stabilizer and an antipsychotic which can apparently help with symptoms. I notice they help me a bit with common symptoms of BPD like rapid & intense mood swings and paranoia, they may be worth a shot trying out, although everyone is different. I hope you find something that works for you 💙

R

rockn360

Apr 26, 2024
If you can afford therapy get a psychologist and diagnosis before you try to self medicate. I also have BPD. I don't think drugs help very much. Maybe some mood stabalizer. I take pregabaline, which I think is actually for controlling epiliepsy. It's very affordable, and seems to help for anxiety (especially when I started) . Kind of like a mild benzo. I think it makes me a bit lethargic and gain some wait.

BPD exist on a spectrum, and different for everyone. I don't know how hold you are, but getting into therapy ASAP, would be a good move. Supposedly it's possible to make a full recover from the disorder with DBT.

Anyways, get a psychologist if you can. There isn't a medication that will make it better, only help with some symptoms.