• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

C

CrescendoChiller

Mar 15, 2022
For the record, I don't like the vibes I generally get from Tony Robbin's (hokey/shallow/short-burst-willpower type of vibes) but he had a free live 4-day seminar ("TIME TO RISE- SUMMIT") thing that I checked out, and while there was a lot of hokey/stupid/cheesy vibes to it, I felt like I got a lot of genuinely good advice that I think was worthwhile for me, and helpful in giving some direction/fundamentals to help make life something worth living for yourself (saying this as someone who thinks suicide is a viable option that's not off the table, but exploring the idea of how life can be worth the struggle/not feel like a struggle). Thought if it might help somebody, it was worth sharing.

Link to the Day 1 (of 4) video :

[note that the videos are going down in 2 days, so if you want to watch them at all, you either gotta watch them now, or download them for later]
[and the rest of the videos are in the "live" tab of his channel]

My biggest takeaway: The most important thing is to be in a good "state" (or mood/energy), because the state that you're in affects everything about how you think/feel/react to things. And there are 3 major things you can do to change your state:
1. do things to change your physiology. the prime thing he uses is to energize yourself with physical motions, or acting like you have energy -- like how smiling can make you feel happier, acting like someone with energy for 10 seconds can make you feel like you have more energy (singing, dancing, yelling, etc...).
2. What you consciously think about (picture, imagine, contemplate) and put your mind on affects how you feel. If you can help what you consciously choose to think about, try not to think about scary/angry/fear inducing things, and instead focus on things that evoke positive feelings (gratitude, uplifting, motivating, satisfying -- things that you want).
3. The words that you use to describe something frame the experience. There are certain key words that you use that affect how you feel about an experience – if you change your vocabulary, you change how that experience feels.
sEYW3ympACGz2JW-gMbrWpHybAeZbb3hctq3sr8CkDKm7rrxXFwgjrXOhYsmCxyDsAqlQzs0Lbw7hVnEgQzVJId8EUxFFOEkApOEORArfTqnb8VLwfCY7jExyFZH_SdMdZL1abZc7IH_PyG70JBf8ik

I think the other big takeaway was that what you repeat to yourself, and believe, becomes true. We're pattern-finders, and so it makes sense that if we notice a pattern enough times, we cement it as a belief. But beliefs become self-fulfilling, and harmful when you lock yourself into a limiting/negative belief about yourself.

But in order to change your negative beliefs, you have to have something else that you want to believe instead. And that's where you have to something that you can actually imagine desiring/being hungry for -- something you can believe in going after more. And following that, is figuring out your identity -- who you have to be/become if you were to get that thing that you wanted.
For me personally, I'm driven towards life and satisfied by the possibility that I might get to experience a satisfying romance/relationship with someone who loves and desires me. And I feel a sense of motivation and desire to be the kind of person that I think would be satisfying to imagine with that person (not someone whose lazy, immobilized by fear, ungroomed, unhealthy (physically and mentally), -- but someone who confronts problems, who takes risks to get what he wants, who takes care of his health and wellbeing, who strives to be attractive and a good person.

Anyways, hope someone finds this helpful.

• Love
Reactions: Redacted24 and Juli