WolfgangA

WolfgangA

Devil’s Advocate
Apr 9, 2019
I was researching further into GABA and I came across an article mentioning GBL.
GBL is sold as an industrial cleaner (alloy cleaner). It is also present in a number of other products such as nail varnish remover pads. Since it was classified a class C drug many users obtain it from soaking nail polish remover pads. 1,4-butanediol (BD) is another class C and related substance often used by same user group, which is an active analog of GHB, also converting rapidly to GHB in the body.
1ml of GBL is equal to 1.6g of GHB and, due to the efficacy of the in-vivo conversion, is delivered more rapidly to the brain.

While there is no official data on lethal toxicity of GHB but there are quite a number of death reports related to GHB, most of them are sort of cocktail mix containing GHB + other cns drugs and alcohol.
I'm thinking to potentate this concept with GBL cuz it 1ml of GLB can metabolize into 1.6g of GHB, so it would require less amount of drug consumption to get the same result of a massive OD. And even with ld50 unknown, based on how this drug works I feel like with GBL + cns depressants + alcohol (wine maybe) would make one strong cocktail right in the stomac and its going to make the user unconscious pretty quickly.

GBL can also be found in other products, to name afew ... nail polish remover, paint stripper. Most of them contain 99% GBL with 1%mixed with various other chemical ingredients.

I'm wondering if any of them can be taken directly from the bottle (it may taste bad or perhaps smell bad but for me unless it makes me vomit on physiological level, I think I'll manage). or perhaps distill to separate the the contents?
If anyone has previous experience with GBL, possibly the ones made for non-human/medical use as mentioned above, please share your experience.
If anyone knows of a GBL product from a reputable source, please do share.

Reactions: Schizotypal