• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

needout

Mar 3, 2024
Needing some advice on a possibility of using inert gas to ctb after further thinking,it still may be beyond my tech capacity but I have to check what is possible and what is not starting with the raw ingredients.first the gas,I'm having issues sourcing nitrogen but a tiny bit easier to get argon,i have very limited access to getting either so it's a one time at the place to buy either,argon seems easier to purchase with excuses rather than nitrogen but which is more desirable or does it really matter ?any thoughts most appreciated.

Reactions: Homo erectus
Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Student
Feb 3, 2024
Argon is a heavier gas than nitrogen or helium. But it is equally lethal and share the same properties as odorless and taste. Which method are you using, Exit bag or hood, scba, scuba?

N

needout

Mar 3, 2024
Hi, currently exploring options on what's available to me and what I can muster,sn was my first choice but it looks impossible to get right now,my situation dictates I need to ctb much sooner than later so now after looking again at other methods I hadn't tried I will checking them to see what is possible for me to do given the circumstances,I don't want to erase suspicious activity at the weld supplier store so il get one crack at asking for something and need a start point,the main ingredient being the gas!

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Student
Feb 3, 2024
Just walk in the confidence, there are many users of nitrogen or Argon, they way not even know it's used for ctb. Have a story and stick to it, they may not even ask.

I found a user who used argon and who supposedly ctb

Here is my setup:

View attachment 123532

This canister has a built-in valve that can be set to 15L/min. It costed me almost 400ā‚¬ to buy this setup so quite expensive. More information about the canister: Albee Weld Argon 11L 99.99%.

I'm very sad that I don't have money to do the Beach Ball Car method. I'll probably CTB in next month and I'll post a separate goodbye thread then. I'm very scared to die but at least this method is completely painlessšŸ˜¢

N

needout

Mar 3, 2024
Ok ,I see you don't seem to have a regulator guage on the bottle,are you just guessing the flow rate?where on earth did you get the exit hood?it seems a set up that is achievable but I'm no expert,I presume that if argon is heavier than air more chance of it escaping from the bottom of the hood ,but enough gas is put in it probably won't matter as long as the flow is constant for long enough.i hope it works out,looking at the hard facts in pictures makes death very final and empty.needs must I guess.

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Student
Feb 3, 2024
Ok ,I see you don't seem to have a regulator guage on the bottle,are you just guessing the flow rate?where on earth did you get the exit hood?it seems a set up that is achievable but I'm no expert,I presume that if argon is heavier than air more chance of it escaping from the bottom of the hood ,but enough gas is put in it probably won't matter as long as the flow is constant for long enough.i hope it works out,looking at the hard facts in pictures makes death very final and empty.needs must I guess.

That's not my setup but from someone who I think successfully ctb using that method.

The bottle has a built in regulator between 0.5-50 bar, I use the same brand but with nitrogen and a smaller at 5 liters.

The bag seems prefabricated but I don't know where he got it, seems quite good.

It seems he didn't use a flow meter and just guessed the flow rate, but he used the big bottle of 11 liter. Which will last quite long even at 30 liter per minute maybe an hour at that rate. The excess gas probably flowed out around the neck and made more sound than at a lower lpm.

If enough gas is put in the bag it will displace the oxygen and you will breath argon, the importance of keeping the gas flowing is more crucial since it will sink to the floor. But judging of the picture it seems to work.

It's a strange feeling building this contraption, it will either scare you or give you great satisfaction. I'm more on the scared part since it will enable me to ctb with very short notice.

Are you going with a bag? You may be interested in with the hood, works similarly but with the option of breathing out co2

N

needout

Mar 3, 2024
I would think a hood might be better if it allows co2 to escape,but where do you get such a thing, hardly at your local chemist! a face mask would also be a good idea ,so many possibilities it's hard to know what direction,just to get the equipment is hard enough,but try we must.

ThymeToLeave

ThymeToLeave

Adventurer
Dec 12, 2023
I would think a hood might be better if it allows co2 to escape,but where do you get such a thing, hardly at your local chemist! a face mask would also be a good idea ,so many possibilities it's hard to know what direction,just to get the equipment is hard enough,but try we must.
Every hood or bag used for this method allows CO2 to escape, otherwise it wouldn't work. The idea with the exit bag is that the inert gas pushes CO2 out the bottom.

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Student
Feb 3, 2024
I'm with you with the escape of co2 for not causing panic, I'm using a variation of the bag/hood with a gas mask. My way need some additional steps and building but I'm pretty confident it will work check it out.

Look trough the hood tread and you will find where to buy a hood, but the bag is easier to get

thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Life is a pointless, undeserved, unnecessary pain.
Oct 30, 2023
When compared to the other gases, specially helium, Nitrogen can get you a little bit "high"... There is something called Nitrogen Narcosis, a well know phenomenon by divers.

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Student
Feb 3, 2024
When compared to the other gases, specially helium, Nitrogen can get you a little bit "high"... There is something called Nitrogen Narcosis, a well know phenomenon by divers.

That's a positive side effect, does one also not feel kinda "drunk" by simply lowering the oxygen in the air. I've heard that pilots experiencing low oxygen environments behave being drunk and euphoric.

Unfortunately I don't think we have time to experience any of them of the because of the low time it takes to become unconscious.

N

needout

Mar 3, 2024
Was just reading up some more on potential effects from either nitrogen or argon,it does seem argon can have much more unpleasant side effects during the method, vomiting and severe headache is listed as the main thing which wearing a exit hood might not be beneficial and maybe cause an attempt to abort, could that be why nitrogen is favoured over argon? thoughts?

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Student
Feb 3, 2024
Was just reading up some more on potential effects from either nitrogen or argon,it does seem argon can have much more unpleasant side effects during the method, vomiting and severe headache is listed as the main thing which wearing a exit hood might not be beneficial and maybe cause an attempt to abort, could that be why nitrogen is favoured over argon? thoughts?
I looked through this article about argon poisoning

Mild argon poisoning manifests as headache, dizziness, nausea and vomiting, and general weakness; moderate manifests as severe headache, nausea, vomiting, and unstable movements and gait. Severe manifestations are hypoxic asphyxia: loss of consciousness, convulsions, coma, incontinence, and even death.
It seems that moderate to high exposure will result in these unpleasant symptoms, but severe exposure will make you unconscious before these side effects will take effect. Either exit bad or any kind of mask will provide an extremely high exposure to argon and the body will not have time to react. I'm not sure how the body reacts while unconscious but I believe the symptoms listed are while being conscious.

In this case report, the patients all experienced loss of consciousness in a higher concentration of argon working environment and woke up with confusion, general malaise, irritability, headache, and memory impairment.

As for nitrogen it's already in the air were breathing (78%), here we can look at the symptoms of acute hypoxemia

• Shortness of breath
  • Rapid breathing
  • Wheezing
  • Cough
  • Confusion
  • Fast heart rate
  • Changes in skin color

Seems to me the symptoms is less unpleasant during hypoxemia, but it may not matter since the concentration is so high either way we may not notice the symptoms. Remember there are a lot of accidents in high exposure of inert gas people literally drop unconscious because they don't notice.

N

needout

Mar 3, 2024
Fair point there,I suppose it's getting that intake of high concentration asap may stop the unwanted side effects of you can go unconscious quickly enough,I have gone down the argon/eebd hood method, pretty much it all gotten,on reflection I think nitrogen may have been better but was unable to get, really don't fancy my last moments vomiting into the hood,I have trouble breathing as it is,short of breath easily.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Argon is a heavier gas than nitrogen or helium. But it is equally lethal and share the same properties as odorless and taste.
This is not exactly correct. inert gases are not lethal by themselves rather it's the lack of oxygen that causes a quick and painless death. The purity of the gases is therefore the most important thing to look at and ofc the mask/exit bag has to be airtight so no oxygen can be breathed.

N

needout

Mar 3, 2024
I'm like most people looking for the most peaceful way out if that's possible,I'm sure every method has si problems making it peaceful abit of a myth once it kicks in,my concerns lies with pre unconscious side effects , really starting to doubt argon and my set up!

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Student
Feb 3, 2024
This is not exactly correct. inert gases are not lethal by themselves rather it's the lack of oxygen that causes a quick and painless death. The purity of the gases is therefore the most important thing to look at and ofc the mask/exit bag has to be airtight so no oxygen can be breathed.
I'm aware of that, when talking about inert gas ctb methods I assume a high concentration of the gas of minimum 98% purity. That high purity makes it lethal when inhaling under certain conditions.

The tread question was about the different gases so I assumed the method mechanics was already clear. Nonetheless the gases are equal lethal under the specific circumstances.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia

Student
Feb 17, 2024

I chose nitrogen specifically because I read all these same things about argon. Our bodies are already accustomed to breathing 78% nitrogen. All we're doing with CTB is upping that percentage to 99% or higher. So you basically just won't know what hit you, like what happens in industrial accidents with nitrogen.

My hope with nitrogen and the SCUBA method, based on everything I've read, is that I'll be unconscious after 2-3 breaths, or less than 15 seconds. Granted I think I could do it for a couple minutes. But the less time for survival instinct to kick in, the better. Also you will feel "high" after the first breath, according to most accounts and studies. Helium typically takes 30-60 seconds for unconsciousness to occur in the studies I've read. I've never actually seen a study of people CTB with argon.

Argon is inert, yes. But it's foreign to your lungs, which may have something to do with all the potential side effeects. Helium, to me, just seems too "playful." It's used for blowing up balloons. Seems to much like a toy to me, so I eliminated it. And there aren't many other personal uses for it to have an excuse to order pure helium.

N

needout

Mar 3, 2024
Yeah that's my concern,all posts are really about nitrogen and no real information on argon,I know we are used to breathing nitrogen but how exactly do we react to argon?any thoughts anywhere?

B

BobbyJones

Dec 18, 2023
I'm like most people looking for the most peaceful way out if that's possible,I'm sure every method has si problems making it peaceful abit of a myth once it kicks in,my concerns lies with pre unconscious side effects , really starting to doubt argon and my set up!
dude i made an argon set up too and now i'm starting to doubt it after reading this as well. I used an eebd hood.