• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Anyone else trying to recover and feel like they are actually making progress then realize that sure they have "progressed" but nothing has changed or will change?

Everyone tells me to look towards the future but the future doesn't look much brighter. Even if everything went as well as it possibly could.

Like idk it's just so depressing knowing I'll always be to anxious, depressed, exhausted, and etc to do anything productive with life.

I think of getting a job and I start to feel panic because I know I wouldn't be able to sustain it for longer then a few days.

I think of moving out of my parents house and it's the same way. When I'm upstairs having a panic attack I can count on one of them to bring me my meds, or stuff like that..

Going to the grocery store, haircut, therapy, it drains me for the rest of the day.

I will most likely qualify for disability as I'm autistic, persistent depressive disorder, and anxiety disorders.

But, once again that doesn't change much. I'll always be feeling "blah" at my best moments. Then anything less then good times I feel like shit.

It sounds pathetic and tbh it might actually be pathetic but I can't do anything about it really as it all comes down to something that can't be cured. :/

MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
I can relate alot to everything you mentioned. I also find that because I didn't get my life together when I was supposed to, I've almost been blocked from achieving certain milestones that would have made living worth it.

While I don't have any advice, I hope you don't get too stressed ruminating about it (I know I can lol). feel free to PM me if you want. :)

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
There are two realms in which we exist. The external environment, and our internal coping skills.

For various reasons we may not be able to gain much control over our external situation, As a result, we may often fail to recognize the progress we have made internally. Don't let the apparent external constancy rob you of the sense of accomplishment you have already made.

It can be a trap to expect ones external environment to be the source of good feelings. This can lead one to chase after feelings like a drug addict. If you can recognize and appreciate the internal progress you have already made, you might be able to cultivate "good feelings" in the midst of poor circumstances.

Reactions: Isisnefert