• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

manic-dream

manic-dream

Mar 22, 2024
I've been waiting for the "it gets better" part since I was a kid. It hasn't gotten better, it's gotten worse honestly even with me doing not much for the most part.

I wish dying was easier. Like yeah I know how to do it but it's really hard pushing past the anxiety of just going outside and also the fact that I'll never see people I love and care about again once I do it. It's so lonely to die.

I love experiencing life sometimes but it doesn't get better for me. I know I can't keep dealing with it. I love the good parts but there will always be suffering.

JussinLOV

JussinLOV

Jun 28, 2023
Life is quite literally what you make of it which kinda sucks when you don't want to do anything ever. It's disheartening especially the older you get, the more you realize you need to put more effort into living but with time comes more opportunities. I say ask your other loved ones and friends how they handle the day to day ebb and flow of life, you might get some needed personalized insight.

Z

zeecen

Mar 30, 2024
If I break my foot, will it generally heal properly if ignored and walked on? Probably not. Life can significantly improve, however, it requires constant effort. Waiting usually isn't enough, especially if underlying mental health issues are a factor.

U

unabletocope

I'd like to shut down
Mar 13, 2024
Things can get better, that is true. Does that mean things get better for me? Nope. Does that mean the things I need to get better, will in fact happen? Nope. What is getting better is subjective and depends on what is specifically being defined as better, its easy to generalise better in a way that means nothing

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
Life is quite literally what you make of it
life is what it makes of you, not the other way around, nobody has ever made a life for themselves it's just down to luck random chance where you are born who your parents are the machine you are with all your defects the environment and people around you, if life was what you make of it then it wouldn't matter where you are born hell mark zuckerberg could of been born in Africa and still made facebook because you know life is what you make of it, bullshit

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
life is what it makes of you, not the other way around, nobody has ever made a life for themselves it's just down to luck random chance where you are born who your parents are the machine you are with all your defects the environment and people around you, if life was what you make of it then it wouldn't matter where you are born hell mark zuckerberg could of been born in Africa and still made facebook because you know life is what you make of it, bullshit
It's all about genetics and luck

JussinLOV

JussinLOV

Jun 28, 2023
Yeah there's some RNG to where you're at and I can empathize with it but the moment you let those kind of things define you, you lose all agency and any possibility to change which is probably the worse thing you could do. Mark Zuckerberg could've been bore in the middle of the artic but still could probably live a life that's fulfilling in a different way. Maybe he could've enjoyed living a life ice fishing and sleeping in his cabin and still enjoy it.

Reactions: Oliver and sserafim
manic-dream

manic-dream

Mar 22, 2024
If I break my foot, will it generally heal properly if ignored and walked on? Probably not. Life can significantly improve, however, it requires constant effort. Waiting usually isn't enough, especially if underlying mental health issues are a factor.
I mean the only thing I do is therapy, I just don't do much in life

Reactions: zeecen
Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
Yeah there's some RNG to where you're at and I can empathize with it but the moment you let those kind of things define you, you lose all agency and any possibility to change which is probably the worse thing you could do. Mark Zuckerberg could've been bore in the middle of the artic but still could probably live a life that's fulfilling in a different way. Maybe he could've enjoyed living a life ice fishing and sleeping in his cabin and still enjoy it.
because you are conditioned by the environment you're born into and your culture, how is that what you make of life, it's what it makes of you

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Life is what we make of it really.

To truly succeed and do well it requires a lot of effort and drive though. Something us with mental health issues can't really do.

It's hard to get focused on making money or improving yourself when it's hard to even get out of bed.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
It depends. No one knows what the future holds. It could get better, but it could also get worse. Anyone who says that they know the future is lying

Ww42

Ww42

Student
Feb 24, 2024
Yes and no. The pain is still there, and you can still be suicidal, but your resilience can improve with time. Not everyone gets that resilience though. Its up to the person on if they are resilient to weather this existence

Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
For some people it might get better but I am afraid for most people it really doesn't - people just learn to "accept it" and continue to live on...

Christopher Reeve

Christopher Reeve

Ein wunderschöner Baum um sich zu erhängen
Mar 27, 2024
I made a Herculean effort to improve, I tried my best, I tried, medicines, herbs, therapies, yoga, religion, gym, sports, meditation but I couldn't reach my nirvana, what I learned from this is that time doesn't heal things. wounds, you just get used to them.
I'm starting to convince myself that I'm one of those statistical aberrations that has to happen at some point, about 90% of people who attempt suicide don't try again, but I'm not one of them, some people never change, and in my case I think so As time only made everything worse for me, from now on it's just even more suffering.

the mere fact that I'm here with you is already an attempt to improve.

Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
because you are conditioned by the environment you're born into and your culture, how is that what you make of life, it's what it makes of you
The hand your were dealt at birth/growing up is an enormous factor. However, we can only make the best of the hand we were dealt, unfortunately. Just because a lot of things are out of our control doesn't mean that everything is out of our control - and I think that's important to remember.