cyanlove

cyanlove

looking for my other half (of my skull)
Dec 23, 2021
Did you know you can keep poison dart frogs as pets? I worked at a science museum and I used to care for them regularly. When I was in training they said that a poison dart frog was only poisonous if they had eaten anything that could give them their poisonous properties.

I once accidentally touched one but nothing happened because we only fed it fruit flies. However, if one itty bitty ant was eaten by one of these frogs it would immediately become poisonous.

There's no official studies but it's said that a poison dart frog can kill an adult in three minutes or less.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Pluto, WrongPlaceWrongTime, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 6 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
it's said that a poison dart frog can kill an adult in three minutes or less.
How long would it take it to kill a man-child? (Asking for a friend).

• Yay!
Reactions: KTbear, tylerdurden, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 5 others
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Sounds interesting.

The fugu functions similarly. When they eat some kind of corals, they become poisonous. These days the Japanese and Chinese feed them some other kind of stuff so you can eat fugu without worries.

• Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, OrcWitch and GenesAndEnvironment
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
a poison dart frog was only poisonous if they had eaten anything that could give them their poisonous properties.

Does this mean that the poison frogs become more dangerous than what they have eaten? Wouldn't that invalidate their reputation of being poisonous?

cyanlove

cyanlove

Dec 23, 2021
Does this mean that the poison frogs become more dangerous than what they have eaten? Wouldn't that invalidate their reputation of being poisonous?
Yes, they're more dangerous than the average ant. Ant bites sting but they don't kill.

I don't think it invalidates them being poisonous. They are still very dangerous.

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Yes, they're more dangerous than the average ant. Ant bites sting but they don't kill.

I don't think it invalidates them being poisonous. They are still very dangerous.

I think that I understand, but what I meant was this: if a poison frog eats substance X, does it get to be more dangerous that substance X - or is it equally, or less, as dangerous as substance X?

Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Did you know you can keep poison dart frogs as pets? I worked at a science museum and I used to care for them regularly. When I was in training they said that a poison dart frog was only poisonous if they had eaten anything that could give them their poisonous properties.

I once accidentally touched one but nothing happened because we only fed it fruit flies. However, if one itty bitty ant was eaten by one of these frogs it would immediately become poisonous.

There's no official studies but it's said that a poison dart frog can kill an adult in three minutes or less.
All the more reason why froggies are my fave ~ 😚

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Dead Meat
cyanlove

cyanlove

Dec 23, 2021
I think that I understand, but what I meant was this: if a poison frog eats substance X, does it get to be more dangerous that substance X - or is it equally, or less, as dangerous as substance X?
Ooooh I get you. The frog becomes more dangerous than substance x (the ant)

Reactions: Julgran
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Shooting everyone on earth with a 5meo DMT Road venom dart from a bamboo shoot sounds ideal. But these dumb motherfroggers won't wake up.

WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
New CTB tutorial: How to Die Painlessly with Kermit the Frog

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, cyanlove, Julgran and 1 other person
KTbear

KTbear

This Be The Verse
Dec 15, 2021
How many licks does it take to get to the center of aaccgghk