irikuwo

irikuwo

Oct 2, 2023
i'm not even a kid anymore, whenever 12 or 16, and she keeps telling me i only cause her problems. but when i try to kill myself, to "get rid of them", she tells me i just create more. anyway, how do you successfully overdose? (asking for *research* purposes only, obvs)

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Hmph!
Reactions: godsseepiestsoldier, fwompie, VioletNebula and 5 others
backtoearth

backtoearth

<3
Sep 9, 2023
I'm so so sorry you found something like this, as a fellow trans person I can't imagine the pain it must cause - I know I'm just a stranger but your identity is valid and being trans doesn't feel like hell forever (context: I cut off most of my family 5 years ago due to transphobia. was lucky enough to move 2 hours away and p much fully transition). I can't relate to this level of transphobia and I don't know your situation but being trans doesn't have to be life ruining - although it fucking feels that way for a long time imo

Unfortunately I can't recommend OD with over the counter meds, I have tried many times and it makes you feel so shitty and it's a horrid process to swallow that many pills. I'd look at @Proper Overdoser's posts which have so much info on medication (that I'm honestly too dumb to properly understand) but they seem reliable to me. Sending you love <3

• Hugs
Reactions: sadwriter and Praestat_Mori
irikuwo

irikuwo

Oct 2, 2023
I'm so so sorry you found something like this, as a fellow trans person I can't imagine the pain it must cause - I know I'm just a stranger but your identity is valid and being trans doesn't feel like hell forever (context: I cut off most of my family 5 years ago due to transphobia. was lucky enough to move 2 hours away and p much fully transition). I can't relate to this level of transphobia and I don't know your situation but being trans doesn't have to be life ruining - although it fucking feels that way for a long time imo

Unfortunately I can't recommend OD with over the counter meds, I have tried many times and it makes you feel so shitty and it's a horrid process to swallow that many pills. I'd look at @Proper Overdoser's posts which have so much info on medication (that I'm honestly too dumb to properly understand) but they seem reliable to me. Sending you love <3
sadly i can't access their page for some reason, but thank you for the kind words

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
how do you successfully overdose? (asking for *research* purposes only, obvs)
I'm sorry you found sth such disturbing in your mother's search history. You can read about ODs in the PPeH, or these ones here:

Edit: I searched proper overdoser's thread for you:

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey and backtoearth
backtoearth

backtoearth

<3
Sep 9, 2023
sadly i can't access their page for some reason, but thank you for the kind words
They're restricted automatically for anonymity (I assume) but if you search the @ in the By: [Member] bit of the search box the posts should come up :3

That's okay it's the least I could do, I am wishing the best for you <3

Daughter of Sorrow

Daughter of Sorrow

Nov 1, 2023
So, I am trans and also had a super christian family (my dad was a pastor). It took years before we were able to get to a place where my parents and I talked again, and more to get into a place where they were accepting, even if not approving. So, while I can't know your specific situation, I think get it. It sucks. I was probably somewhere around your state of mind when I tried to OD. Not only did it not kill me, but it hurt the entire time. The 28 hours in the ICU were the most miserable of my life, and I did a tour in Fallujah as US Marine. Ironically, it was after that, when I was in the psychward after that my dad flew 700 miles to see me to see if I was okay that started the healing process.

Even a successful overdose will likely result in a painful, miserable death. Keep in mind the LD50 is only sufficient for killing half the test sample. If you only take the LD50—which for most of the over the counter pills, or easily obtained pills—is a lot of pills.

So, to answer your actual question, the way to successfully overdose, on anything, is to get a giant bottle of pills, way more than you think you will need. Then sit down with a bit of water and swallow them all.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
A cure? As if there's a problem.

They're ignoring proven science.

I used to be ignorant on the issue, but that was almost 20 years ago, when I was barely a teenager. No grown adult with the resources and research available to them, should have such ignorance. It's no wonder the suicide rate is so high in the trans community.

todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
A cure? As if there's a problem.

They're ignoring proven science.

I used to be ignorant on the issue, but that was almost 20 years ago, when I was barely a teenager. No grown adult with the resources and research available to them, should have such ignorance. It's no wonder the suicide rate is so high in the trans community.

Finland Takes Another Look at Youth Gender Medicine

A recent interview with the country's top gender expert shows how out of step the American medical establishment is with its European counterparts

hmskms

hmskms

trying to escape a world governed by sociopaths.
Jun 12, 2023
my question is why the fuck people have kids knowing theyll run into these issues.

i dont fucking understand how you cant have a child youll just love unconditionally.

リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
My heart breaks for you.

Im not trans, but a person who is very dear to me is. She struggles so much with self acceptance and her family isn't too supportive either. She's the sweetest, most compassionate person in the world, didn't deserve any of this at all.

I don't understand how people can be so ignorant and mean. Like, even if you don't understand, how hard is it to be kind? How hard can it be to just sit, listen and learn instead of being so cruel?

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori