• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

Tiburcio

I said it in a previous post.

People ever encourage young people to not commiting suicide because things will be better or their problems are solvable.

The truth is: this is false. It only will drive to more years wasted meaningless, and even if things go lighty better, it doesn't mean things are automatically good. Also there is the possibility of being marked by a previous event which traumatized you, like bullying.

This things the sooner are done, better.

C

comfortablydumb

Student
Jun 19, 2018
I'm 34, and I'm glad I didn't ctb when I was younger. Short of losing control of your own limbs, it's never too late to ctb. And if the years since you were younger have been horrible, then you have all the more reason to ctb. Win-win, really.

Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018
I will chime in since I qualify by 0.28 years: I have an aborted attempt in my past light cone and am currently on track to be at a 120-day delay for my final destination. There is an uncanny apprehension which accompanies such a long delay, among them: one simply feels a sort of temporal-vertigo, --a visceral feeling/intuition that one has simply been in this strange, unknown place (the given universe) for too long. To me, it was always obvious that old age is a disease (this is not to say that elderly persons are bad, but they are in fact victims of a phenomenon which is quite bad in and of itself: high degrees of thermodynamic/entropic damage, biological aging). Most humans up until the 22nd century had rejected the disease-status of aging and saw it as a "normal" part of life, but this was only because they had been born into an inherently abrasive environment (the given universe and its 2nd law), and unable to see the inherent abrasive nature of their temporal environment, in an objective manner. Contemporaries like Aubrey de Grey, David Benatar, David Pearce, Philip Nitschke, and others among an ever-increasing list, were among the first of Homo sapiens to [empirically] blow the whistle on aging & death. Many humans of the first half of the 21st century were simply unable to bear the truth, however. Young philosopher Carlo Michelstaedter articulated the objectively undesirable, artificial, and fraudulent character of Homo sapiens sociocultural patterns: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlo_Michelstaedter#Thought

In conclusion, the truth has been known for centuries beginning with the discoveries of: natural selection, thermodynamics, and eventually the acknowledgement of every human problem having arose from the fallout (regardless of its complexity, however high) of this entropy production. Time itself, (in the given universe) is colored/skewed abrasive; bad things happen naturally, while good things take considerably more effort... this is not a phase-space (universe) worthy of hosting phenomena such as sentience/consciousness --the uniqueness of this observation is that it is both: a priori and a posteriori knowledge. There are many billions of possible humans who could have been here, but aren't; we are the unlucky few.

None of this invalidates the good things (albeit their scarcity remains): ephemeral bliss, love, harmony, joy, a peaceful & pleasant death, unadulterated solitude/silence, nostalgia, aponia, ataraxia, justice, beauty, truth

"Youth is the only thing worth having. When I find myself growing old, I shall kill myself" -Oscar Wilde

Last edited: